IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Optimize CPU for ASCPro

mousegolf

How about giving us the option of allowing ASCPro to utilize more of our system resources so the scans are much faster. I have a quad core running at 4.0Ghz each core. I have 16GB of Memory. I would like to be able to have a UI that gave me the option to increase CPU usage.

Hi niceget,

Thanks for your suggestion. I will report it to our product team for serious consideration.

Besides, you can set the priority of ASC in the Task Manager. Following are the instructions for you:

Please right click on the task bar and open Task Manager, then right click on the ASC.exe to set priority.

Attached imgae show more details for you.

Have a lovely day!:oops:

• 2 weeks later...

A word of caution to users.

Prioritising system resources/ CPU allocation is not something that everyday users should be concerned about. Particularly with modern pc's which have

fast processors and lots of RAM. Modern operating systems are very good at managing system resources.

User prioritising is really for specific users such as gamers and CAD users, who can set their machines to prioritise these specific functions.

Please remember that you can never get something for nothing, so dedicating resources to specific programs/functions could cause other programs/functions/tasks

to delay and or run slowly. Unless you are a very experienced pc user and have a good understanding of pc operations, it is advisable to not mess with system resources.

A word of caution to users.

Prioritising system resources/ CPU allocation is not something that everyday users should be concerned about. Particularly with modern pc's which have

fast processors and lots of RAM. Modern operating systems are very good at managing system resources.

User prioritising is really for specific users such as gamers and CAD users, who can set their machines to prioritise these specific functions.

Please remember that you can never get something for nothing, so dedicating resources to specific programs/functions could cause other programs/functions/tasks

to delay and or run slowly. Unless you are a very experienced pc user and have a good understanding of pc operations, it is advisable to not mess with system resources.

Hi Scannan,

Wow! Nice explanation for this feature. Thumbs upThumbs upThumbs upThumbs upThumbs up

Also, thanks very much for your kind and nice reply.:oops:

I know what I am doing, I am remote support expert/tech/system administrator/MSVP.

Congratulations on your achievements. Maybe you should also include Ego in your list of accomplishments.

The word of caution was for all the other users in the forum who may not have been blessed with your many talents.

That is what we do in this forum.....help each other.

• 1 month later...

Congratulations on your achievements. Maybe you should also include Ego in your list of accomplishments.

The word of caution was for all the other users in the forum who may not have been blessed with your many talents.

That is what we do in this forum.....help each other.

I salute you scamman. lol

I think we must make allowances for mousegolf as mousegolf must be a very busy person with the many rolls which he fulfills.

It is easy to see how an m could be typed instead of an n due to strain and tiredness. I sincerely hope that his remote clients do not suffer as a result of this fatigue, as this could have a negative effect on his hard gained accomplishments.

Hi mousegolf,

I think there is something wrong with your keyboard, it types ms instead of ns. Or, perhaps it is because they are adjacent on the keyboard. :idea:

I also think that it is time to stop here!!

Cheers.

Thank you enoskype: I believe this topic is ripe for closure. Innuendos are so easy for people to type when they are not face-to-face as would be the case in real life situations.

Archived