IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC 8 Beta 3

ianrose

why has this version not got full functionality like Beta 2?

I do not think that Ianrose is saying that some of the functions are missing in Beta 3. I think the users is asking why all the functions are not available in Beta 3, as some of them

have to be unlocked like a Pro version. There have been a few users asking for unlock codes for Beta 3. I for one cannot understand how or why a Beta version

does not have all functions available for testing and why an unlock code would be required. It completely defeats the purpose of having a Beta. I really think Iobit need to

look at this.

I do not think that Ianrose is saying that some of the functions are missing in Beta 3. I think the users is asking why all the functions are not available in Beta 3, as some of them

have to be unlocked like a Pro version. There have been a few users asking for unlock codes for Beta 3. I for one cannot understand how or why a Beta version

does not have all functions available for testing and why an unlock code would be required. It completely defeats the purpose of having a Beta. I really think Iobit need to

look at this.

Hi Scannan,

Since the stability and features in ASC beta 3.0 are almost like that in ASC final version, so pro features are realized in ASC beta 3.0.:-)

Cicely

Thank you for the reply.

However locking functions and calling it a Beta version, makes absolutely no sense. It should be called a Final version. If there are still bugs in it then it should remain a Beta version with all functions available for test, until the bugs are sorted. Otherwise the Beta 3 version is being used really as a final version but for test purposes.

I have no issue if Iobit want to adopt a practice of issuing a Beta 3 version with locked pro functions, for test purposes, prior to final release, as long as they state this clearly in the release info and download locations of the Beta 3. This would allow users to make an informed choice and would also remove the need for posts from users asking for unlock codes and having to receive Private Messages from Iobit.

Cicely

Thank you for the reply.

However locking functions and calling it a Beta version, makes absolutely no sense. It should be called a Final version. If there are still bugs in it then it should remain a Beta version with all functions available for test, until the bugs are sorted. Otherwise the Beta 3 version is being used really as a final version but for test purposes.

I have no issue if Iobit want to adopt a practice of issuing a Beta 3 version with locked pro functions, for test purposes, prior to final release, as long as they state this clearly in the release info and download locations of the Beta 3. This would allow users to make an informed choice and would also remove the need for posts from users asking for unlock codes and having to receive Private Messages from Iobit.

Hi Scannan,

Thanks for your concerns. I will forward it to our product manager to take serious consideration. Also, I have send Private Messages to users who ask for unlock codes.;-)

Cicely

Maybe they could consider following the established industry format and label the pre-final version as an RC version. A Release Candidate (RC) version is a beta version with potential to be a final product, which is ready to release unless significant bugs emerge. In this stage of product development, all product features have been designed, coded and tested through one or more beta cycles with no known showstopper-class bug emerging. This RC version could be for a limited time such as 30 days to allow feedback.

Hi Cicely,

I was exactly suggesting like Scannan did. So I second it.

Naming the last Beta version prior to Final release, as RC (Release Candidate), the users will understand that RC will act like a final version and apart from the necessity of license code, it will uninstall the older version of the same and/or similar product.

Even 15 days as a PRO trial can be considered, so users can take all the precautions before installing the Final version.

Cheers.

Hi Scannan and enoskype,

We do have ASC v8 beta 3.0 as RC version, the customer can try ASC v8 pro for 40 days for free. Of course, we will take your concerns into serious consideration and make improvements.

Thanks a lot. ;-);-);-)

Hi Cicely.

Then it should be called an RC version. Otherwise the whole system of Alpha-Beta-Final release means nothing and causes nothing but confusion and difficulty for users.

Additionally having so many Beta versions does not give a good impression of the product. By changing the Pre-final release version to RC it would reduce one Beta stage and

make the whole process more professional.

Archived