IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

What's the difference between v 1.5 and v 2?

WriterJC

First, the renewal (today) included an automatic update of the License and stated it was already activated. Love that; excellent idea! Wouldn't want to be w/o Driver Booster PRO. SO easy (one click to scan) to get updated driver. BUT after reading the posts below, is there an advantage and the SAME easy process to update drivers as v 1.5?

Frankly, I expected -- erroneously -- that the renewal would include an automatic update to v-2. Like everyone else I did click for v-2 until I saw C-Net. (Never again will I D/L anything from there. See what Major Geeks has to say for the reason.)

JUST NOTICED: On the confirmation of the renewal it states for Driver Booster v-2, but when I opened DB, it was still v-1.5.

Not sure I want v-2 id it's causing so many problems... Some advice, please.

Thanks!

Hi WriterJC

You can see the release info for V1.5 here and here and for V2 here. Hope they help to give some idea of the difference.

With regard to whether or not to upgrade to V2. I tend to rely on my gut feeling in these matters when there are conflicting views as to the effectiveness of a program.

I sense that your gut feeling is telling you that V1.5 is performing well and has not caused issues, whereas V2 has some negative feedback. If it is not broke don't fix it.

So maybe, it is best to stick with V1.5 and keep a track on the feedback for V2 until you feel the bugs have been sorted.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived