IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Where does ASC8 install the temp install files for the vulnerability fix?

keenrw

Hi

Heres the problem i have .. My laptop hard drive is spit and i had 10 GIG left on my C; Drive ..I used ASC8 and ran the Vulnerability fix scan... it downloaded some windows updates, but now I'm left with just about 700 meg free on the C; Drive ..whats happened ? were can i find the temp install files so i can delete them to get back my space ?

Thanks

Rich

keenrw

That sounds very strange. I cannot see temporary files causing the problem. However you could use the search feature in windows and look for *.tmp and *. temp files.

You could also use the Disc Explorer function in ASC Toolbox. This will show you the large files and folders on your system.

Hi

Heres the problem i have .. My laptop hard drive is spit and i had 10 GIG left on my C; Drive ..I used ASC8 and ran the Vulnerability fix scan... it downloaded some windows updates, but now I'm left with just about 700 meg free on the C; Drive ..whats happened ? were can i find the temp install files so i can delete them to get back my space ?

Thanks

Rich

Hi keenrw,

To look into the issue, please download the tool from http://testdemo.iobit.com/InfoHelperV8.exe

Then double click to run this tool and click “Save report to Desktop”. You will get a zipped file IObit_Debug_Info.zip on your desktop and please send it to us so that we can get the detailed information to look into.

Looking forward to hearing from you.:-)

@ enoskype and Scannan,

Thanks for your kind and timely reply.;-)

Hi Keenrw. my temp files end up in C:\Program Files\IObit\Advanced SystemCare 8\ with the last problem one being Microsoft Update knowledge base 3000850. ASC had a problem with the update and created a folder within the SystemCare 8 folder called :- KB3000850.cab_Temp . I found this because Smart Defrag got stuck in the folder as it was about 2 GB in size. Hope this helps

Archived