IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

No Wifi drivers after running Driver Booster!

pixeldroid

I installed your uninstaller and it included Driver Booster, so I ran Driver Booster on a Dell Inspiron running Win7 Home x64. After rebooting I have no internet and "Intel Wifi" sees no network adapter.

In Device Manager, I see "Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1030:, and I have disabled/enabled it, but no help.

Then I chose RMB/Install Driver and found a driver from 1/26/14, but the OS would not let me install the driver.

After searching the web, I followed Intel's recommendation to install their Driver update utility, but that failed because I couldn't get on the web.

So then I went to Intel's download center to manually try to figure out what I need. I ended up w/a 300 MB download, recommended only for IT managers.

I am in in the process of downloading it, but in the meantime, if you have any suggestions, I'd like this to take as little time as possible.

It would appear that your driver booster is not ready for primetime.

Pixeldroid

Welcome to the forum.

There is a facility in Driver Booster to rollback your drivers. This will revert your drivers back to the old drivers which worked. Also you can use system restore to restore your pc to a time before the drivers were updated

I would strongly advise against using the 300mb download for IT managers, as it is seriously dangerous to mess with drivers, and could result in complete system failure.

Driver Booster simply finds updated drivers, it does not force you to use them. If you want to update drivers you should do them one at a time and not a batch update.

Then if a driver update causes an issue, you can simply roll it back to the old driver which worked.

I chose not to use the 300 mb, but found a suggestion to go to Dell's website for a driver update. I downloaded their wifi updater and installed it, which was a long process. Then I restarted, and the problem was not fixed. Then I found your post and used DB to restore. This worked, so at least my wife will not kill me when she gets home. Just out of curiosity, is the rollback always done via restore points?

Also, iObit uninstaller didn't find the program that I am trying to get rid of, but I'll post that on your other forum.

Glad your problem is sorted.

Driver Rollback uses a backup file of your old drivers to rollback problem drivers. This only affects the selected driver(s).

System Restore reverts your entire system back to a previous time (as selected by you). This reverts all your settings/registry entries...etc to what they were at the selected time.

I chose not to use the 300 mb, but found a suggestion to go to Dell's website for a driver update. I downloaded their wifi updater and installed it, which was a long process. Then I restarted, and the problem was not fixed. Then I found your post and used DB to restore. This worked, so at least my wife will not kill me when she gets home. Just out of curiosity, is the rollback always done via restore points?

Also, iObit uninstaller didn't find the program that I am trying to get rid of, but I'll post that on your other forum.

Hi pixeldroid,

Sorry for the troubles. Could you please help us look into this issue with the following steps?

1. Run Driver Booster again and scan. This time please do not update the drivers in case that the same problem happens again.

2. Download http://www.cd4o.com/drivers/debug/DBInfoHelper.exe, >> double click to run this tool >> click “Save report to Desktop” >> find db_info_xxxx.zip on your desktop >> send us the zip file to dbfeedback@iobit.com with your post link.

Thanks for your patience. Looking forward to your reply.

Glad your problem is sorted.

Driver Rollback uses a backup file of your old drivers to rollback problem drivers. This only affects the selected driver(s).

System Restore reverts your entire system back to a previous time (as selected by you). This reverts all your settings/registry entries...etc to what they were at the selected time.

Thank you Scannan for the reply and awesome explaination :)

• 2 weeks later...

k so i tried unistalling reinstalling manually nothing, tried using dell( i am a dell user) uninstall reinstall, nothing. BUT i uninstalled via driver booster 2 and let it reinstall itself, now works fine? =S im fine now but help prevent theses bugs pls, for me and everyone else. the restore points i had dissappeared.

• 3 weeks later...
k so i tried unistalling reinstalling manually nothing, tried using dell( i am a dell user) uninstall reinstall, nothing. BUT i uninstalled via driver booster 2 and let it reinstall itself, now works fine? =S im fine now but help prevent theses bugs pls, for me and everyone else. the restore points i had dissappeared.

Please download http://www.cd4o.com/drivers/debug/DBInfoHelper-new.exe, >> double click to run this tool >> click “Save report to Desktop” >> find db_info_xxx_i.zip on your desktop >> send us the zip file to dbfeedback@iobit.com with your post link.

We will send you a solution.

Thanks a lot.

Archived