IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Emails from Avangate--autorenew of ASC--how to stop--who to contact

joangolfing

I got 3 emails (possible scams) today from Avangate informing me that I have an account with them to auto-renew my Advanced System Care. I have already updated within the program itself for 2015.

How do I contact someone to stop them from charging me for this program and two other. I hesitate responding to the email since it might be a scam.

I think those mails are not a scam. If it's not asking you for a login or to provide CC information, it's legit. I think it's just an FYI so users won't complain that the account has been auto renewed without a notification. 1.gif

Cicely has already addressed this issue for the OP.

It is very incorrect and misleading to say that if a user is not asked for a login or CC information, that it is legit. Receiving unsolicited emails from any source is potentially dangerous, and such emails

should only be opened if the user recognises the sender or can verify they are legit. Links contained in emails can contain malware/spyware and redirects to unsafe sites.

In fact simply opening an email in some circumstances can expose you to risks.

While you MAY possibly be correct regarding the Avangate issue of the OP, you are not correct in giving blanket advice to users regarding the safety of emails. Please stick to the Topic of the OP and avoid

giving advice unless you are sure of the facts.

Archived