IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Compatible mode.

JanB

A problem that I have with ASC-ultimate is that it says the AV is running in compatible mode on my main computer although I'm not running any other AV-program. On the laptop and my old computer it is running normal. The same problem was there also with ASC Ultimate 7, so maybe it's not really important, but I would like it to run in normal mode as it's supposed to do.

Is there a setting to force it to normal mode? Or is there a way to find out why it is in compatible mode?

I followed your link. The difference with that topic is that I'm not using any other virus protection: when I turn off ASC, Windows warns me that there is no virus protection.

In Windows task manager I find no processes related to any AV I know.

Compatible mode only activates when there is more than one Realtime Protection program running. Although you do not have another AV running, you may have a Browser Realtime Protection running which may cause ASC to go into Compatible Mode.

You could also try turning off Windows Defender and see if ASCU will then run in normal mode. If it does. then try Switching Windows Defender back on and see if ASCU will still run in normal mode.

Sometimes switching Defender off and back on fixes these issues.

I followed your link. The difference with that topic is that I'm not using any other virus protection: when I turn off ASC, Windows warns me that there is no virus protection.

In Windows task manager I find no processes related to any AV I know.

Hello JanB,

To look into this error, please download the tool from http://testdemo.iobit.com/InfoHelperV8.exe

Double click to run this tool and click “Save report to Desktop”. You will get a zipped file IObit_Debug_Info.zip on your desktop. Please send it to us so that we can get the detailed information to look into.

Archived