IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Suggestions for S O L V E D - I S S U E S

enoskype

Hi Everybody,

We are trying to put all the solutions found for the problems and/or issues of ASC 3 under the S O L V E D _ I S S U E S thread in Advanced SystemCare section.

If we succeed in doing so, we may add the P E N D I N G _ I S S U E S thread too.

It will be appreciated if you suggest how you want us to do it.

Please post your suggestions only about this subject in this thread.

Thanks in advance.

Hi enoskype,

One thought I had has to do with issues that may pop up with new versions of the program. Do you think it would work to start a post "Issues Solved By Updates" ? Each time one of these issues is solved by an update, the post could be edited to ad the Version with the bug, what the bug is, and what version update fixed it? Users might find that the bug they have could be fixed by updating the program version.

samr.

ok,you asked

As I see it,the way to approach this idea is to use the method proven to work by the other forums that I utilize and contribute to-make the FAQ operational-I'm sure this is no small task,but it's the method that works(granted,only as well as those responsible for it's upkeep)and every forum will urge you to consult the FAQ before posting.So,that aside,maybe we could go with a two column approach--cause/effect or problem/solution,I think rather than a thread,we should build a "knowledge base"(yes,I stole that one)but it works-or that is to say,set up the thread in a knowledge base format. Start with every known problem(from the simplest),list them on one side and across from those, list the solution.Example="I just updated and now blah blah blah doesn't work"< solution> "Make sure the application isn't running in the background etc."-That one's a classic,and we could just start with the ones that come to most recent memory(Don't say it!)I'm not using my memory as the benchmark here!But you get my idea,right.Start small and pluck something from the forum each day.It's not to be built over night.Now,this next idea may seem a little ahead of what you're asking for,but,how about an unresolved issues list? OK, I know,it's like bragging about a black eye,but maybe that would get the developer's attention better than relying on them to read through numerous posts or be subjected to emails of a less than pleasant nature.Just bringing this up as a "back burner" idea that may help to look at the way we wish to construct our current project,Regretfully,I am not skilled in Word or any utility that would allow me to present an example of these ideas-leaving that up to the pros-just two cents from an old guy(or was it fifty :-?)

• 2 weeks later...
As I see it,the way to approach this idea is to use the method proven to work by the other forums that I utilize and contribute to-make the FAQ operational-I'm sure this is no small task,but it's the method that works(granted,only as well as those responsible for it's upkeep)and every forum will urge you to consult the FAQ before posting.So,that aside,maybe we could go with a two column approach--cause/effect or problem/solution,I think rather than a thread,we should build a "knowledge base"(yes,I stole that one)but it works-or that is to say,set up the thread in a knowledge base format. Start with every known problem(from the simplest),list them on one side and across from those, list the solution.Example="I just updated and now blah blah blah doesn't work"< solution> "Make sure the application isn't running in the background etc."-That one's a classic,and we could just start with the ones that come to most recent memory(Don't say it!)I'm not using my memory as the benchmark here!But you get my idea,right.Start small and pluck something from the forum each day.It's not to be built over night.Now,this next idea may seem a little ahead of what you're asking for,but,how about an unresolved issues list? OK, I know,it's like bragging about a black eye,but maybe that would get the developer's attention better than relying on them to read through numerous posts or be subjected to emails of a less than pleasant nature.Just bringing this up as a "back burner" idea that may help to look at the way we wish to construct our current project,Regretfully,I am not skilled in Word or any utility that would allow me to present an example of these ideas-leaving that up to the pros-just two cents from an old guy(or was it fifty :-?)

an faq should be exactly like that... :) i was thinking though that this "knowledge database" should also include unresolved issues. not for a seperate thread

Hi detailer, Hi IcyFrostPyro,

Knowledge database idea is good but that kind of database could be kept and maintained by the webmaster or/and IObit.

We, the Adminds. of the Forum have limited capabilities for the Sections, and other arrangements of the design of the Forum. fx. creating Sections, creating columns, etc..

Anyway, if you can just show us couple of examples with your limitations, than we may improve it.

I would rather call it Pending Issues instead of Unresolved Issues as, some of them will be new, some of them will be known by IObit and couldn't be solved yet, or some of them technically solved but not publicly announced or a temprary solution exist, but will be solved in next release and so on.

You can help us with the pending issues, as some of the solution suggestions don't have any feedback, and we may not know what really doesn't work and is in the solution waiting list. fx. brightness problem.

If we start pending issues with a seperate thread, we may merge it later with a better arrangement (fx. Knowledge Database).

Please keep posting the suggestions. We may not be able to apply them, but, at least they will be messages to IObit about what is needed in the Forum.

Thank you and cheers.

• 1 month later...
Hi all contributors

Perhaps we should write a "manual" to each setting in the cleaning process, - privacy sweep, - automatic ditto, - and all the rest?

What do you all think?

Cheerio

solbjerg

Yes, solbjerg, an excellent idea. A set of detailed instructions that one can read and digest at leisure would surely benefit everyone. At the moment it appears that most users just press the buttons and hope for the best!

Good work enoskype, your efforts will help all users.

Using ASC

Ok Ted I'll start it:

First Scan/Repair

When you have installed ASC and let it open by itself, it usually runs a Maintain Windows scan.

After it has scanned "Spyware removal", "Registry Fix", "Privacy Sweep" and "Junk Files Clean", it will show what "Problems" it found.

You then have to click on "Problems" under each category and if you find an item that you do not think should be "repaired", you just mark it and click "ignore", this places it in the "Ignore list" - and it will not be presented as a "problem" anymore.

If you have configured the "Settings" under all categories to your need, it should work flawlessly.

When this is all done to your satisfaction you click "Repair" and the program cleans away the "problems" (deletes them)

The first few times (1-2-3) You should not use the middle button "Care", while this does scan AND repair automatically!!

But after everything is configured to your satisfaction, you CAN just use the "Care" button.

(And then it actually IS a "one-click solution") :-)

Next you click on the button "Diagnose System"

This will scan "System Optimization", "Security Defense", "Disk Defragment" and "Security Analyzer" when you click "Scan"

Again it will show what "Problems" it has found under each category.

You must then click on "Problems" and find out which to accept being cleaned and which to ignore (place in ignore list)

The most important area is "System Optimization" which we often see having changed the settings for users that haven't checked their "Problems" before clicking "Repair". The optimization is configured for a large part to use as few resources as possible, this can affect several thing - colour for instance, so you have to be aware of that.

Security Analyzer is another place where you have to find out if the recommandations it suggests has anything to do with hi-jacked settings.

When everything in this scan is configured to your satisfaction - you click "Repair".

Both the "Maintain Windows" and the "Diagnose System" "Problems" should be configured before one uses the "Care" button.

For problems with the installation I refer you to this string:

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=509

I am hoping other users will expand the descriptions of the functions.

Please feel free to edit or add.

Thanks for now

Cheers

solbjerg

Yes, solbjerg, an excellent idea. A set of detailed instructions that one can read and digest at leisure would surely benefit everyone. At the moment it appears that most users just press the buttons and hope for the best!

Good work enoskype, your efforts will help all users.

Ok Ted I'll start it:

First Scan/Repair

When you have installed ASC and let it open by itself, it usually runs a Maintain Windows scan.

After it has scanned "Spyware removal", "Registry Fix", "Privacy Sweep" and "Junk Files Clean", it will show what "Problems" it found.

You then have to click on "Problems" under each category and if you find an item that you do not think should be "repaired", you just mark it and click "ignore", this places it in the "Ignore list" - and it will not be presented as a "problem" anymore.

If you have configured the "Settings" under all categories to your need, it should work flawlessly.

When this is all done to your satisfaction you click "Repair" and the program cleans away the "problems" (deletes them)

The first few times (1-2-3) You should not use the middle button "Care", while this does scan AND repair automatically!!

But after everything is configured to your satisfaction, you CAN just use the "Care" button.

(And then it actually IS a "one-click solution") :-)

Next you click on the button "Diagnose System"

This will scan "System Optimization", "Security Defense", "Disk Defragment" and "Security Analyzer" when you click "Scan"

Again it will show what "Problems" it has found under each category.

You must then click on "Problems" and find out which to accept being cleaned and which to ignore (place in ignore list)

The most important area is "System Optimization" which we often see having changed the settings for users that haven't checked their "Problems" before clicking "Repair". The optimization is configured for a large part to use as few resources as possible, this can affect several thing - colour for instance, so you have to be aware of that.

Security Analyzer is another place where you have to find out if the recommandations it suggests has anything to do with hi-jacked settings.

When everything in this scan is configured to your satisfaction - you click "Repair".

Both the "Maintain Windows" and the "Diagnose System" "Problems" should be configured before one uses the "Care" button.

For problems with the installation I refer you to this string:

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=509

I am hoping other users will expand the descriptions of the functions.

Please feel free to edit or add.

Thanks for now

Cheers

solbjerg

Very nice solbjerg, this, for me is exactlly what i wanted to know when i first downloaded ASC. This should be stickied under something like "How to use ASC".

Opps its already been done

Hi Matt

Glad you like it!

I thought it might help new users and non-experts, and in this way benefit both them - and us by take a little work-load off our hands, by not having to answer the same question several times.

When I get around to it I will write a description of the settings/options in ASC, much like I did yesterday about Smart Defrag.

Later I thought I would describe the extra tools in ASC

Hoping someone will chime in.

An option under each post where "Relevant links" can be inserted is also an idea I thought would benefit users for easier navigating.

Cheers

solbjerg

Very nice solbjerg, this, for me is exactlly what i wanted to know when i first downloaded ASC. This should be stickied under something like "How to use ASC".

Opps its already been done

• 3 weeks later...

Hi enoskype

Yes I saw!!

Very good!!!!

If some come up here I will add them as links too in the appropriate place in "Usage of IObit Products".

Just a few Utilities more to explain there now - we can then add informative links there when we be become aware of them.

I hope these initiatives will weed out the most common usage problems.

Cheers

solbjerg

- and thanks!!

Hi solbjerg,

I have added a post in Solved Issues thread with the title "Valuable Informative Links ".

Cheers.

Archived