IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC 8 causes BSOD on opening interface

hele

I recently installed ASC 8 on both my laptop and my desktop. Both are Windows 8.1 x64 systems.

While it runs perfectly on the laptop, it causes my system to freeze and BSOD on the desktop. The performance monitor widget works fine, but when I open the interface to run a scan, my desktop disappears to gray and a CRITICAL_PROCESS_STOPPED BSOD soon after. I'm led to believe, explorer.exe and other system processes are force closed or crash.

I have tried reinstalling multiple times. Find the debug info attached.

Hey Scannan, thanks for your reply.

I have tried solutions to similar problems in these forums as well as elsewhere with no luck. So I used a tool mods recommended another user to use, thereby ending up with the debug zip.

Unfortunately, we are all waiting for Iobit to come up with an explanation and final solution to this issue. Hopefully it will be soon, so keep an eye on the posts in the forum. I would however suggest that you disable the Deep Clean in Registry Fix settings and then run individual scans rather than running all scans at the same time. This may identify if any particular scan is causing the issue and also if the Deep Clean is the problem.

I am unable to even start or load the application interface. When I try to do so, it merely tells me that the skin file classic is corrupt and to reinstall. But reinstalling does not fix the issue.

I am unable to even start or load the application interface. When I try to do so, it merely tells me that the skin file classic is corrupt and to reinstall. But reinstalling does not fix the issue.

Hi hele,

To help you out of the problem, please send us the related screenshots for us to look into.

Guide for taking screenshot.

http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/general/ht/winscreenshot.htm

Besides, please download the tool from http://testdemo.iobit.com/InfoHelperV8.exe

Then double click to run this tool and click “Save report to Desktop”. You will get a zipped file IObit_Debug_Info.zip on your desktop, please send it to us so that we can get the detailed information to look into.

Looking forward to hearing from you.:-)

Hey Cicely, thanks for your reply.

I will not be able to take a screenshot as it all happens too fast. The moment I perform any action to open the interface, parts of the interface load (First a grey rectangle, then a few buttons). A few seconds later, my desktop goes grey, CTRL+ALT+DEL no longer works, and BSOD. All this happens in the span of about 15 seconds. But soon after the error dialog pops up, the system freezes. So I will not nearly have enough time as i need to screenshot. I could however record my screen with a camcorder. I will do so if I find the time today.

I found the link to the info helper in another forum here. Please find it attached to my original post.

Thank you

P.S. Of all the individual company forums I've used in my life as a software engineer, I'm particularly impressed with the performance of the community. Kudos.

Hi hele,

We will stay communication on this issue in Email. Please check it.:-)

While it is commendable to see Iobit taking such a personal interest in this issue, I hope that if a solution is found, that it will be posted here. Otherwise the forum becomes pointless, if the users cannot see the outcome, especially having made the effort to assist the user. Also, other users with the same or similar issues, would need to see the progress on the issue.

While it is commendable to see Iobit taking such a personal interest in this issue, I hope that if a solution is found, that it will be posted here. Otherwise the forum becomes pointless, if the users cannot see the outcome, especially having made the effort to assist the user. Also, other users with the same or similar issues, would need to see the progress on the issue.

Hi Scannan,

Our product team is working on to look into this issue. I will post here if there is any progress or solution.

Thanks. :oops:

Archived