IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Driver Booster killed sleep mode

I installed driver booster free version on a friends laptop. It updated many drivers and everything appeared ok. Before I did this, I made a system restore point. After the new drivers were installed, my friend said his laptop would not wake up from sleep mode. So I had him go back to the restore point before running Drver Booster. He said the problem persisted so I did not know what to do. He hired a Csco Certified tech to look at the problem and he had to go back to the original drivers that came with the laptop. He said a system restore point will not undo the damage caused by what driver booster did. He said that the driver settings are very critical on a laptop. So now I am not using it anymore and do not recomend it to people I know. This is unacceptable to have no way to get back to the way things were before doing a driver update.

Hi richunt

Welcome to the Forum.

Firstly, it is very unfair to blame Driver Booster for the problem. DB, did not force you to update the drivers. It simply informed you that there were newer versions available. You made the decision to update them. If you had done a little research first you would have seen that newer driver versions may not be suitable for your pc configuration as the new version may have been released for a specific type of hardware which is different to your hardware.

If you read through the DB section of this forum, you will see many explanations and advice on this subject.

The technician is completely wrong in saying that a restore point will not undo the damage. It most certainly will if your settings are correct.

Did you check the settings in DB. Specifically the settings for Drivers in the Configure Settings section. Did you have Automatically Create Restore point selected ( It should be), did you have Automatically Delete Installed Driver Packages selected (it should not be)

Did you read the Driver Booster Product Manual before you ran Driver Booster (see Here).

Where did the Technician get the original drivers from....did you have the original installation disc.

For future reference, my advice is not to update drivers unless there is a driver problem or the manufacturer specifically recommends an update. If it is not broken do not fix it.

If you do update drivers, do not do batch updates. Update one at a time and reboot. If there is an issue you will know immediately it is that specific driver and you can Rollback to the old driver which worked.

Thank you Scannan.

Dear richunt, if you don't mind, please help us look into it as below:

1. Run Driver Booster again and scan. This time please do not update the drivers.

2. Download http://www.cd4o.com/drivers/debug/DBInfoHelper.exe, >> double click to run this tool >> click “Save report to Desktop” >> find db_info_xxxx.zipon your desktop >> send the zip file to dbfeedback@iobit.com

Thank you.

Archived