IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Privacy Sweep in Advanced SystemCare v8

Xyloe

I was testing out the scan feature on asc 8 and noticed something odd. Each time I ran the privacy sweep, it would immediately pop up with privacy issues, the same amount each time. I looked into it and it was just displaying everything in my chrome history. No matter how many times I scanned, it kept popping up saying my chrome history was some sort of privacy threat. I am just curious if anyone else is having a similar situation, and if not, what is wrong with this?

Hi Xyloe,

Welcome to IObit Forum. :)

If you do not want the Chrome history to be scanned and cleaned, please check settings by the following steps:

Open Advanced SystemCare -> Click More Settings icon on the top right -> Click Settings -> Click Privacy Sweep on the left panel -> Untick History under Google Chromeon the right panel -> Click Apply and OK button.

If you are using ASC 8 Pro, please take the same operations in AutoClean and Browser Anti-Tracking.

Any further help needed, please fell free to let us know.:-)

I was testing out the scan feature on asc 8 and noticed something odd. Each time I ran the privacy sweep, it would immediately pop up with privacy issues, the same amount each time. I looked into it and it was just displaying everything in my chrome history. No matter how many times I scanned, it kept popping up saying my chrome history was some sort of privacy threat. I am just curious if anyone else is having a similar situation, and if not, what is wrong with this?

I think you are a little confused here. Privacy Sweep does not tell you that your chrome history is a threat. Privacy Sweep simply clears out your history so that your history cannot be checked by others at a later date. It is protecting your privacy not detecting or cleaning threats.

So each time you scan it is quite possible you will see the same Privacy details if you have not cleaned your privacy or if you are doing basically the same things every day on your PC.

Archived