IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Allow Uninstaller to uninstall Windows 10 Core Apps

auutumn

Hi auutumn,

Do you mean that Microsoft blocks when you try to uninstall these Apps by using IObit Uninstaller?

If so, please send us the related screenshots for us to look into.

Guide for taking screenshot.

http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/general/ht/winscreenshot.htm

Besides, please download the tool from http://testdemo.iobit.com/GetIObitConfigurationFile.exe

Then double click to run this tool and click Start button. You will get a file IObitConfigurationFile.log on your desktop, please send it to us so that we can get the detailed information to look into.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

I am pretty sure that he wants the uninstaller to allow him to uninstall core apps (like microsoft edge etc.) those are unavailable.

I am pretty sure the reason for that though would be certain windows programs would break if certain core programs were deleted/disabled. So I guess this would be a security reason?

This would be an excellent feature. Auutumn is talking about apps that could be removed in Windows 8.1 but not Windows 10. Examples: Camera, People, Photos, Voice Recorder etc. There are some new ones now like Edge, Xbox etc. I doubt the OS will break if these are removed but indeed, some caution and investigation is required.

This would be an excellent feature. Auutumn is talking about apps that could be removed in Windows 8.1 but not Windows 10. Examples: Camera, People, Photos, Voice Recorder etc. There are some new ones now like Edge, Xbox etc. I doubt the OS will break if these are removed but indeed, some caution and investigation is required.

Indeed, i am sure if they work carefully with their engineers they could broaden the list to include all the core programs that would not break the system and maybe even an advanced section to include the core features that COULD break the system for the advanced users that know what they are doing

Good idea unfortunately it will bork W10.

All of the core apps are auto-updated and synced within the system thats why you cannot now uninstall/remove them, the option to remove >>some<< of them was available in the TP versions, but not the consumer release. IT may be possible to dissable them but they are so inter-linked i would not suggest it

Roy

Hi scrd01,

Our engineers are testing on the issue of removing core apps on Windows 10. If you meet this issue, please kindly let us know so that we can have more helpful information to look into.

Thanks very much. Nice day!

Good idea unfortunately it will bork W10.

All of the core apps are auto-updated and synced within the system thats why you cannot now uninstall/remove them, the option to remove >>some<< of them was available in the TP versions, but not the consumer release. IT may be possible to dissable them but they are so inter-linked i would not suggest it

Roy

Indeed, that is why it might be nice for the TP release, but users who do not know what they are doing and manage to remove a core app could potentially receive error messages at each startup and even at different intervals.

Take for example Microsoft Edge. Just as Microsoft Internet Explorer was needed to properly run certain programs (they used your internet options, which is tied to those) they could/would stop functioning.

Another example would be Store. Removing this could cause issues and anoyances.

However the following apps should be allowed to be removed as I doubt they would do any harm, but they are not in the list:

3D Builder (Cool app, but is not needed to run windows)

Alarms and Clocks (this is not attached to the windows clock in the task bar and should be able to be removed)

Calculator (I would never remove this, but it should not be required)

Calendar

Camera

Contact Support (would not be wise, but would not break the OS)

Get Office (I think we ALL want to get rid of this)

Get Skype (I HAVE skype and this still remains)

Groove Music (Most people use different apps for music)

Mail (I would only recommend removing this if you have your own program you use, but it shouldn't break anything)

Maps

Microsoft Solitaire Collection (If you do not want to use it, why keep it)

Money

Movies & TV

News

People

Phone Companion (Handy but wouldn't break anything)

Photos (Personally I love this tool, but it would not break anything as windows always has the basic windows photo viewer)

Reader (Most people use acrobat reader anyways....atm)

Sports

Weather

Xbox (I have never needed this, if it IS needed someone please correct me)

18/8 TP Build.

core Apps

Alarms/clocks - Mail - People - Xbox >>> are linked to Cortana and Your MS login

Weather is linked to Geolocator

I have removed 3D Get Office/Skpe Solitaire Money sports Phone Companion

Roy

Thanks for the linking. Would removing alarms/clocks break cortana or just remove part of her functionality? I cannot check this out as I live in the Netherlands and Cortana is not functional here yet

I have removed most of the core apps. Obviously I have kept Edge & Store for reasons as stated above, although I don't expect to use them. Forcing users to have their programs list cluttered with junk like xbox is just awful and I'm sure that making it easy to remove would be a great selling feature of ASC 9. There is no need to worry about MS account login if the user is not using it - in fact including an option to easily switch from MS account login to local user account login might be another useful feature.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived