IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC 8.4 Uninstalled - Performance Monitor remains

shubopshubop

I really really like IOBit Uninstaller -- but that is ALL I wanted. I did not want all of the "extras" that seem to come along with IOBit downloads. So I used the uninstaller to remove the ASC that hooked a ride on the install. Now I have a Performance Monitor that I did not ask for remaining on my desktop. And it does not show up in Uninstaller as something I can remove. Why? And how do I remove it?

Hi shubopshubop

Welcome to the Forum.

You are not the only user unhappy regarding the unwanted extra's packaged in Iobit installer files.

You can remove the Monitor.exe file to eliminate the Performance Monitor.

You will find it in C:\Program Files\Iobit\Advanced SystemCare

Even though you removed ASC the ADvanced SystemCare directory is probably still there. If not, the the Monitor.exe file may be in one of the other Iobit sub-directories.

Thanks, Scannan. I went to the Program Files, and sure enough, Advanced System Care was still there. Why didn't it uninstall and remove when I used the Uninstaller? I also used the scan to remove any remaining bits. Obviously it didn't work. Is IOBit not allowing removal of its own programs now???

There's TONS of files in that folder. Should I delete them all?

Glad your issue is sorted.

As regard to the leftover ASC directory. Did you use the powerful scan in Iobit Uninstaller to remove any leftover files and associations.

I am assuming here that you have Iobit Uninstaller installed as a standalone program.

Any files in the ASC folder can be deleted and then the ASC Folder itself can be removed.

Always create a restore point before removing program files so that any problems which may result can be undone

Hi Scannan,

Thanks for your timely reply on this issue.:-)

Hi shubopshubop,

If you have used IObit Uninstaller to remove ASC, then the issue occurred, please download the tool from http://testdemo.iobit.com/GetIObitConfigurationFile.exe

Then double click to run this tool and click Start button. You will get a file IObitConfigurationFile.log on your desktop, please send it to us so that we can get the detailed information to look into.

Looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks.

Archived