IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Performance issues with ASC9 Pro auto care

clubfoot

When I scan/optimize my PC with ASC9 Pro using the auto repair feature ALL my Steam games experience stuttering, audio break up and slow down during loading,......unless I click the right mouse button! Once I click the RH mouse button during the stuttering load sound returns and the game continues to load normally. All other desktop functions work normally,....just game loading and play.

I have confirmed it is ASC by doing a fresh Win 10 Pro 64-bit install, updating Windows and all drivers and installing all games and creating a restore image and restore points. Once I installed ASC 9 and ran a scan and auto repair/optimize it caused the game stuttering! Restoring Win 10 using an image WITHOUT ASC9 returned everything to normal.

I will continue to investigate further trying each individual feature in order to isolate which one is causing the issue.

Hi clubfoot

Welcome to the forum.

Please ensure that you have disabled Deep Clean in the registry fix settings. It is very aggressive and should never be used on automatic repair. It should be used only by users who are familiar with the workings of the registry and the list of recommended registry repairs should be checked item by item.

I can confirm that it is in the System Optimization selection of the Scan front end module. Everything was not changed from the default installation including Deep Scan. I check every module and it only occurred with the SO module. I was able to undo the changes using Rescue Center, Rescue Registry module,...it had made 30 changes. I will leave the System Op module off until there is an update.

Thanks.

P.S. Besides affecting the loading of the games it disables my G27 wheel,...until I click the right mouse button,...then back to normal.

Hi clubfoot,

Does the issue occur to all games?

Please download the tool from http://testdemo.iobit.com/InfoHelperV9.exe

Then double click to run this tool and click “Save report to Desktop”. You will get a zipped file IObit_Debug_Info.zip on your desktop, please send it to us so that we can get the detailed information to look into.

If the zip file is too large to be sent, please upload it to www.wikisend.com and give us the download link.

• 2 weeks later...

My apologies for not responding sooner,...work got in the way and I needed time to isolate what was causing the issue. BTW this only happens on my desktop gaming computer NOT my other desktop or laptop.

In order to avoid the issue recurring I had to uncheck System Optimization and Disk Optimization in the Clean & Optimize menu, NOT run the Deep Optimization in Speed Up (selected everything to ignore) and kept Deep Clean unchecked in the settings menu.

The biggest issue here is that if anyone opens up the settings menu and selects "recommended" it enables ALL the Pro features we pay for and we're NOT supposed to use Deep Scan,...from what you're saying. These "advance" features should be put in a different not easy to access menu with warnings.

I have the .zip file on my desktop and will upload shortly.

I am happy to report that since disabling the above features I am back to gaming without issues.

Hi clubfoot,

Please open ASC v9 -> Click Options icon on the top left -> Click Rescue Center

Then please click Rescue Registry in Rescue Center, select 2015-11-29(09-08-45) and click undo changes.

After that, please reboot your computer to see whether issue continues.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived