IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Regarding ASC 9 beta 3

indeedtheywill

I have been using the Facebook page for IObit Software and have gotten no answer.

Why does ASC 9 beta 3 require a license code when it's still in beta?

ASC 9 version 9.0.3.1077 is the current release, the non-beta version.

ASC 9 beta 3 was this version 9.0.2.990

ASC 9 beta 2 was this version 9.0.1.753

ASC 9 beta 1 was this version 9.0.0.599

Beta 1 & 2 did not require a license code.

Hi indeedtheywill

Welcome to the forum.

The simple answer is that Iobit have their own set of rules and definitions regarding Beta versions. We in the forum have raised this issue many times but to no avail.

So, for now I am sorry to say that it is a guess as to whether each Beta version will or will not require a licence.

See posts #27/#28 in this Topic which is related.

Hi Scannan and indeedtheywill,

IObit would never ignore any feedback from our forum administrators, Moderators, and any users. :)

For this point, we would like to explain again here:

ASC v9 beta 3.0 is almost as stable and complete as the final version. So users can use this version to enjoy and try all functions and features as in Final version, of course, including the process of activation.

To avoid unnecessary cost during the beta phase, we had brought the pre-order promotion of the Final version. So that users can enjoy free trial days before the final release and will not be charged until the trial days ends. At that time, the final version will be released usually.

Thus, through all efforts of our users and staffs, we can make ASC v9 final version as stable and complete as possible together.

Thanks for all your efforts. Maybe our product team will come up with a more acceptant way in future updates according to your concerns.:-)

Hi Cicely

Thank you for the detailed explanation, and we appreciate all yours and the Iobit's teams efforts.

While I fully understand your reasons regarding Beta 3, it does not change the fact that it is a Beta version. I appreciate that it is almost a Final version and that users could continue to use the Beta version with all functions even after the Final version is released thereby affecting Iobit sales.

However it must be appreciated that Beta users are taking a risk testing Beta versions and are supplying feedback freely and voluntarily. Requiring a licence for Beta will therefore feel unfair.

I recommend that rather than require a licence for the last Beta version that you release the last Beta Version as a Pre-Final trial incorporating a limited period licence. This should satisfy the criteria, protect Iobits efforts and also avoid user discontent.

Hi,

I agree that a different terminology should be used with the last test beta if a license is required for all functions. e.g. Even naming it a RELEASE CANDIDATE will inform users that it needs a license either with a certain trial time or immediate need for a license.

Using a specific terminology in Products with last beta versions should be applied to all IObit products, specially the paid ones.

This will make it much easier for the users to decide to install or not, as they are installing a beta product which requires a license and then they want to turn back to the beta one which doesn't require a license.

If the purpose is to guide the users to install a product which requires a license, then there are other ways to do it such as stopping the running of the old beta after certain date, etc.

Thank you for your efforts Cicely, but please insist more to the programmers and/or marketing people of IObit that requiring a license for a beta version of a paid IObit product is working against IObit.

Thank you for your understanding and cheers.

Hello Scannan and enoskype,

Once again I have forward your thoughts to our product manager.

This situation has been seriously considered and discussed just now. But it may take some time to think out a good and suitable optimization solution.

I believe that next time we will surely catch up with a nice optimization proposal. 8:)

Cheers!

Archived