IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC9 is freezing my system! Only hard reboot (button) possible.

khmuc

Hey people! I installed ASC9 on my WIN7 prof x64. Now ASC9 is freezing my system, as soon as it is started! Only hard reboot (button) possible.

Are there known issues and solutions to overcome this situation?

Performance Monitor runs ok; if I klick on "scan", some moments later the system freezes and only a hard reboot by pressing the button helps.

Hope somebody has a sulotion!

Thanks

Hi khmuc

Welcome to the Forum

You give very little information regarding your issue, which makes it difficult to assist you.

I will assume that you are running a full scan with all items selected.

In order to determine which function is causing the issue you should run the scan items one at a time to see which one is causing the issue.

Hi Scannan, Hi Cicely,

Now I tried to invoke asctray.exe after booting in safe mode. The tray icon comes. A second later ASC pops up with its main window (with the big round scan button in the center) and again two or three seconds later all freezes (no mouse movement, no keyboard response...). I only can reboot hard by reset button.

Whats going wrong?

Now the same with invoking asc.exe, same result!

Any idea?

The ASC-Window comes up with the first 6 scan-items ticked. Can I change any ini-file to change this?

Hi khmuc,

Please download the tool from http://testdemo.iobit.com/InfoHelperV9.exe

Then double click to run this tool and click “Save report to Desktop”. You will get a zipped file IObit_Debug_Info.zip on your desktop, please send it to us so that we can get the detailed information to look into.

If the zip file is too large to be sent, please upload it to www.wikisend.com and give us the download link.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Hi Cicely,

thanks for your kind assistance. Attached you find the debug info zip file, generated after a normal boot.

I'll create another debug-zip after bootin in safe mode, perhaps this helps.

See you later...

Thanks to your suggestions. There's only one problem: I cannot check or uncheck any scan function, because my system freezes suddenly, when the ASC window comes up!

This is why I asked, if I could change (edit) any ini-file to manipulate the starting behavior of ASC.

Thanks for any advice, I'd like to get ASC working!

That is very weird. At this point I recommend that you uninstall ASC 9 using Iobit Uninstaller. Be sure to use the powerful scan function to remove any leftovers. Then download the latest ASC 9 from the link in the News & Offers section of the forum. Reinstall ASC9 and see if the issue still occurs.

I did this already exactly as you suggested, but nothing changed.

But I will repeat this procedure again today... lets look, hope dies last ;-)

Hi khmucm,

Please take steps below:

1. Please download demo from http://wikisend.com/download/589868/ASC.exe

2. Right click on the ASC system tray icon, select Exit

3. Right click on the ASC desktop icon, select Open File Location to open the installation folder of ASC

4. Delete the original file ASC.exe, then copy and paste the downloaded ASC.exe to the installation folder of ASC

5. Re-start ASC to see whether the issue continues.

If yes, please tell us whether you can see the ASC interface when computer freezes. Please also send back the ASC.log under the installation folder of ASC

Thanks very much for your time.

Archived