IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Merry New Year!

IcyFrostPyro

Merry New Year

Hey Icy, garybear here. I tried your new product,QUICKSYS, it found 136 problems,3.81KB. I guess I have a pretty clean pc. Don't think I'll be buying it, but thanks for the post. Happy New Year to you. PS You must have a cluttered pc[1100] lol.[garybear]

Gave it a Shot

IFP-Thanks for the heads up-found 143 more reg errors after ASC gave me a cleanup -Also tried the reg defrag and brought my reg size down by nearly 1% after an ASC reg defrag.Haven't been using my PC to it's fullest yet,so we'll see if there's any problems-did the back-up and restore point-glad they were included features.HAPPY New Year :-P:-P

Hi, all,

How many of you use "RegSeeker"?

I use it regularly after cleaning with ASC3 and Glary Registry Repair and it usually finds about 350 errors. I only delete (and backup) the green (safe) entries which usually total about six.

It would be interesting to do a scan with RegSeeker, then scan and remove the errors that quicksys find. If a new scan with RegSeeker showed a lower number of errors, then perhaps it would indicate RegSeeker as being too cautious?

Hi Ted

I prefer a very, very cautious regcleaner, after all it is a very important area it is dealing with.

And speed-wise it usually doesn't matter much if there is some redundant matter in the registry.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi, all,

How many of you use "RegSeeker"?

I use it regularly after cleaning with ASC3 and Glary Registry Repair and it usually finds about 350 errors. I only delete (and backup) the green (safe) entries which usually total about six.

It would be interesting to do a scan with RegSeeker, then scan and remove the errors that quicksys find. If a new scan with RegSeeker showed a lower number of errors, then perhaps it would indicate RegSeeker as being too cautious?

I'm with solbjerg. When it comes to the registry, I prefer a kinder and gentler cleaner. As long as it gets the bulk of the real problems I'm happy.

I actually tried RegSeeker once, but it kept killing two apps (don't remember which). I could never find the right keys to exclude.

Hi, solbjerg and JustDave,

I totally agree you, that's why I only backup and delete the green (safe) error keys. I've been using RegSeker for about five years with no problems.

Actually, what I use RegSeeker mainly for is to find and delete registry entries left behind after uninstalling a programme and there's usually heaps of them. I'm more comfortable with it than Revo Uninstaller.

Hi Ted-ever use the full auto clean on that?And that"clean the keys" feature?

Hi detailer, Yes I did use the "auto clean" when version 1.55 first came out, but it deleted out a few keys it shouldn't have and I had to Restore its backup.

Actually, I just tick all boxes, then click "Clean the Registry". If you only delete the green errors you're pretty safe.

Hi Ted

Sounds reasonable to me.

I'll tell you a little story

My older brother has just build a new computer and installed Window XP and Office 2003 between christmas and the new year. He has had Win 98se on his old one since that operating System came out - and Office 97. It is only in the last year or so that he has felt that maybe he ought to upgrade. He has never had an antivirus program permanently installed and has only been infected 2-3 times in all that time - one of them he got from me - I had gotten it from my daugther. He used the leightweight program "stinger" fom Makeafee (free) when necessary, but he has kept his computer clean by being cautious.

Likewise he has cleaned out redundant strings from his registry when he has uninstalled programs, so he has run his computer for more than 10 years without any major problems.

So you see a lot can be done by hand and by being prudent. :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi, solbjerg and JustDave,

I totally agree you, that's why I only backup and delete the green (safe) error keys. I've been using RegSeker for about five years with no problems.

Actually, what I use RegSeeker mainly for is to find and delete registry entries left behind after uninstalling a programme and there's usually heaps of them. I'm more comfortable with it than Revo Ininstaller.

Hi, solbjerg,

I believe that story because two of my grand-daughters in Tauranga spend hours on the family computer chatting with friends, playing games and downloading screeds of music for their Ipods. They do have an AV programme, but it's seldom updated and they have no cleaning tools whatsoever! They've owned this computer for about eight years and the only maintenance they do is to delete stuff to get more space on their HDD.

Soemtimes I think I'm too fanatical.

Hi, solbjerg,

I believe that story because two of my grand-daughters in Tauranga spend hours on the family computer chatting with friends, playing games and downloading screeds of music for their Ipods. They do have an AV programme, but it's seldom updated and they have no cleaning tools whatsoever! They've owned this computer for about eight years and the only maintenance they do is to delete stuff to get more space on their HDD.

Soemtimes I think I'm too fanatical.

.................. maybe i just run my computer too hard :/ a computer lasts 2 years for me because i always break my computer by testing stuff :mrgreen:

Archived