IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Softonic download issues

I have been struggling to get updates to my IOBit free programmes for several weeks now. Ever since IOBit started using Softonic as their preferred download site, I've been unable to successfully download updates...the process starts but the download never actually begins...the video plays to 'show me how to install' the update, but the download in my Chrome window doesn't happen. I've also tried using Firefox and get the same result. I'm about to abandon ship here and uninstall everything IObit since I can't update anything. Suggestions?

Yes, this has been an issue for a long time and there have been many posts asking Iobit to remove the Softonic link. Unfortunately Iobit

have not done so and it seems they are unlikely to do so.

So in future when you see an update notice, do not click the link. Instead go to the News & Update section of the forum and download the update there.

If you click on technical support in the settings list and look under Support, you will find the Iobit Forum.

Also if users google an issue with an Iobit product, you will usually see the forum listed.

But, it should not be so difficult....sadly Iobit are just not good with customer service/support, which is unfortunate because the majority of their products are very good.

Hi chasfliesu?

Sorry I did not read your post timely.

@Scannan, thanks for your timely and patient reply.

Well, it seems that many users met the download issues on Softonic and we are trying to find out the reasons.

@ chasfliesu, to look into the issue, please kindly help us look into the issue as follows:

1) what are the programs that you tried to update from Softnoic but failed?

1) Please open softonic.com and search for the program you want to update and download it again to see whether you can download the latest version directly from softonic.

2) Please check whether you have DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials or any other plug-ins that may block the download. You can check the plug-ins from your browser or IObit Uninstaller.

Download IObit Uninstaller from http://update.iobit.com/dl/iobituninstaller.exe

Please try to disabled the related security programs to see whether you can download successfully.

3)Please kindly tell us the precise name of the security program(anti-virus) that you are using.

4) If you still failed to download the updates from softonic, if possible, please kindly record a video to show the whole processes you did to get updates so that we can know the issue better. If it is not available for video, the related screenshots should also be helpful.

By the way, if you still can not download IObit programs directly from softonic directly, please try whether you can download other programs instead of IObit.

Looking forward to hearing from you.