IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

System failure, needed backup Win 10

Hijack

One of the updated drivers probably caused the issue.

It is unwise to update more than one driver at a time, because if you have an issue, which you did, you will not know which driver is responsible.

Also, it should be unnecessary to have to restore from a backup, as driver booster has a rollback feature which allows you to rollback driver updates to the previous version.

You could have used this to rollback the drivers one at a time to fix the issue and also identify the bad driver.

It is also wise to create system restore points so that if you have an issue such as you had, you can restore your system to a time before the issue occurred.

Scannen, thank you for your replay. I have now created a system restore piont. Roll back updated drivers was in this case not possible because the sytem needed to be restarted after updating the drivers. So that was also the moment to discover the restart failure. As you advised I am going to update every driver seperately. But i can say that i was a little disapointed in this program....

It does not matter if the system needed to be restarted. The Driver Roll back still works, as the system keeps a copy of the previous driver.

As for being disappointed with the program.....I suggest that before you use new software, you should read the Product Manual in order to familiarise yourself with the operation/settings.

Also, I recommend googling the product to see if others have had issues, and also look through the Forum (if the product has one).

Here are the Iobit Product Manuals....https://www.iobit.com/en/product-manuals.php

I Installed DriverBooster this morging. After updating drivers (see photo) my system didn't start up anymore and had to restore a backup. Is there someone who can tell me what went wrong.

Thx Jack

Hi Jack,

Sorry for the trouble.

You may know that to make sure the drivers in our database are stable enough for most computers, we have strict rules to filter drivers, and by default all driver updates we provide are passed WHQL Test. However, it is impossible for our testing team to test every single driver update in every single PC situation because driver updates quantity is colossal and PC situations are various. So problems like that happens.

That's why Driver Booster supports driver backup/restore, driver rollback, driver ignore, and the option "automtically create a system restore point before a driver is installed" is checked by default in Settings.

For any problem after using Driver Booster, you can download http://www.cd4o.com/drivers/debug/DBInfoHelper.exe >> double click to run this tool on the problem PC >> click 'Save report to Desktop' >>find db_info_xxxx.zip on your desktop >> send the zip file to dbfeedback@iobit.com. We will look into the problem and get back to you.

Thanks for your understanding.