IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

System Backup

garybear

I guess I'll be the first dummy to ask this question. I did a search, but didn't find any thing. what exactly does this utility do (System Backup) Its in the utilities,Security Tools. When I click on it, it asks tells me it can restore settings and documents in case of crash, then asks me if I want to start backup wizard . I say yes and I see nothing happening after that. My question is, what did this do? Did I back up any thing, and where is it. Do I need to crash for this to work? Is this just another worthless program that doesn't work, like registry backup, and registry restore, that asc3 no longer has?? I seem to remember , there were about 5 of these deleted from asc3 in last up grade. I think system informer was in that bunch also. Maybe this should be included next upgrade. ThANKS!! [garybear]

I guess I'll be the first dummy to ask this question. I did a search, but didn't find any thing. what exactly does this utility do

Hi, Gary,

From memory the Backup Utility is only standard in XP Pro, although it can be installed on the XP Home if you have the Installation CD.

I used to use it it, but from memory you could only save the Image to a HDD or tape. There was no support for CD or DVD.

Stick with your Macrium, it's far more configurable.

System Backup

I have xp home and the the installation cd. I also have a usb,and I don't see where or how this tool works with them. I will rely on Marium for my backups, and I thank you for your post. I do find it very aggravating at times that such a great product like asc3 is so damn stingy with explanations about how things work. I have heard several complaints from others that asc3 leaves it up to an individual to find out what things do and how they work,with no place to look for information. I guess asc3 thinks everyone is a pc expert. This is my main gripe and really my only gripe with asc3 at this time. Would it be so hard to have a help menu like other programs have telling you how to use the tools & what they do. I find out through the forum, by asking and getting answers, but it would also be nice to have a help section in asc3 options. The one that is there is pretty thin, and I have yet to see any explanations about how the utilities work. Am I missing some thing, or is this asc3 big secret. Find out on your own and hope you don't crash, or do some thing you can't undo. I'm a big fan of asc3 and I'm betting you can do better on this subject. I know what most of the utilities do, but I'll bet a dollar , there are a lot of subscribers that don't know and would sure appreciate a little more help from asc3. What do you think Krissy?Thanks [garybear]

must be in the dog house again

Must be in the dog house again. That's ok ! At least one of you experts could post a comment, and tell me I'm an ass for complaining. Thanks for your post Ted. You at least tried to explain how this tool works. I guess I made the rest of team angry, but I thought that's what this forum was all about. I think this tool is worthless(System Restore), and needs some explaining. I'm sorry if I got carried away, but thought I was trying to help asc3 be the best . If I stepped on some ones toes, then I'm very sorry, and will drag my sorry xxx to the dog house. I sure wasn't wrong about (Registry Backup,Registry Restore,and System Informer. they seemed to have vanished from the scene. If I'm wrong about this, at least give me a reason to say I'm sorry. If my comments were out of line, then I'm very very very sorry. I'm only trying to make this program the best that it can be. If you don't know how I feel about asc3 and every one on this forum, you haven't been reading my posts. I love this forum ,and I love asc3. Now I'm going to get me a big glass of Canadian Hunter, and feel sorry for my self, drown my sorrows. I guess I just thought I was a team player, so much for that thought. Good night friends[garybear]

Hi gary

Just to be sure - are we talking about Admin tools/Restore center/Create restore point?

This works fine by me.

I click on Create restore point, the program asks me if I am sure, I answer yes. The screen goes dark for some seconds 10-20, didn't time it, sorry! Then the screen goes back to normal and I am asked if it's OK. I click yes.

The next line down is View restore points, I click on that, and is sent to the Windows restore point window, I click Next and sure enough there is a new restore point called Advanced System Care Restore point.

Works as it is supposed to here by me.

Cheers

solbjerg

Must be in the dog house again. That's ok ! At least one of you experts could post a comment, and tell me I'm an ass for complaining. Thanks for your post Ted. You at least tried to explain how this tool works. I guess I made the rest of team angry, but I thought that's what this forum was all about. I think this tool is worthless(System Restore), and needs some explaining. I'm sorry if I got carried away, but thought I was trying to help asc3 be the best . If I stepped on some ones toes, then I'm very sorry, and will drag my sorry xxx to the dog house. I sure wasn't wrong about (Registry Backup,Registry Restore,and System Informer. they seemed to have vanished from the scene. If I'm wrong about this, at least give me a reason to say I'm sorry. If my comments were out of line, then I'm very very very sorry. I'm only trying to make this program the best that it can be. If you don't know how I feel about asc3 and every one on this forum, you haven't been reading my posts. I love this forum ,and I love asc3. Now I'm going to get me a big glass of Canadian Hunter, and feel sorry for my self, drown my sorrows. I guess I just thought I was a team player, so much for that thought. Good night friends[garybear]

Nope

Its in utilities the [hammer symbol]Driver Backup, IESecurity, [system Backup] System File Checker. Tuneup ,Admin Tools, Security, not restore[Create Restore Point,View System Restore ,and Settings. That part works just fine. I don't know why I'm so stupid and have such a hard time explaining these things. I'm in the utilities part, where you have all these tools to work with(21) of them. when I click System Backup, it asks if i want to start wizard, and then does nothing that i can tell. The part you are talking about works just fine. Its utililities Sercurity[system Backup]I don't know how to explain it any better. I would send screen print , but it won't show where I'm at for some reason. Thanks for your post solbjerg I wish I could explain it better. I will try to do what ever it takes to show where I am. I'm in the part where the hammer symbol is, where the 4 circles are , maintain windows, home,diagnose system, utilities. Thanks [garybear]PS not admin tools; security tools System Backup.

Hi gary

Which version are you using?

I can't find System Restore in version 3.1.0.2 by me.

If you have that version, did you then install over the top?

Cheers

solbjerg

Its in utilities the [hammer symbol]Driver Backup, IESecurity, [system Backup] System File Checker. Tuneup ,Admin Tools, Security, not restore[Create Restore Point,View System Restore ,and Settings. That part works just fine. I don't know why I'm so stupid and have such a hard time explaining these things. I'm in the utilities part, where you have all these tools to work with(21) of them. when I click System Backup, it asks if i want to start wizard, and then does nothing that i can tell. The part you are talking about works just fine. Its utililities Sercurity[system Backup]I don't know how to explain it any better. I would send screen print , but it won't show where I'm at for some reason. Thanks for your post solbjerg I wish I could explain it better. I will try to do what ever it takes to show where I am. I'm in the part where the hammer symbol is, where the 4 circles are , maintain windows, home,diagnose system, utilities. Thanks [garybear]

yes

Yes 3.1.2 . It said it uninstalled and up dated. That's all I know. That' the way I always do the up grades. I have pro version. I will check for up dates. Thanks . no up dates available. ARE YOU LOOKING UNDER THE SECURITY . NOT ADMIN THERE ARE 4 TOOLS THERE SORRY I'M NOT SHOUTING AT YOU.What do you have under security, not admin. admin has 8 tools. Security has 4. driver backup,ie security,system backup and system file checker

Hi gary

I think you should do an absolutely clean install. Uninstall the program, throw out it's folder in programs, remember to close all background running programs from ASC before deleting the ASC folder. Run a ccleaner and clean the registry or do a Revo uninstall -complete, and install ASC 3.1.0.2 again.

You might use Revo from the start to uninstall - completely.

Cheers

solbjerg

Yes 3.1.2 . It said it uninstalled and up dated. That's all I know. That' the way I always do the up grades. I have pro version. I will check for up dates. Thanks .

Hi gary

It looks as if you haven't done a clean install.

You have several folders in the ASC that shows this - that there has been leftovers in the folder when you installed. My folder doesn't have sup_systembackup or two folders for skin or the like.

Take a look at my post Install-Uninstall-

Cheers

solbjerg

Whats this??

I give up

I give up, not going to fight this any more. Its just like the first time I joined this forum. When I was fighting registry backup and registry restore, and system informer, which have been removed. I did reinstall and still have system backup in security tools. I did all I could to fix this, but I'm tired of fighting this. I will live with it, and ignore it. Sorry I'm only trying to make us no1. Its ok, and really not bothering me, but confusing new users ;I think. It don't work, that's the bottom line, at least that's what I believe. If the damn thing isn't going to uninstall the old version and install the new version , then we have a problem my friends. That' what I did, and its still there. I can only believe what our program is telling me it did. It said do you want to install new version , and I SAID YES. system backup is still in security tools. good night my friends, I'm tired, AND STUPID . Thank you solbjerg for your help. PS I LOVE THIS FORUM[ garybear]

Hi gary

Go to control panel/add/remove programs, uninstall ASC

Go to C:/programs/IObit/ASC folder and delete that

Clean up the registry with for example ccleaner and THEN install the latest version of ASC.

This is called a clean install.

If you do not delete the folder, it will install in that folder and the leftovers from the previous install will still be there after the new install, and as you can see some of the sup_ doesn't work.

So delete the folder after uninstalling the program - before installing again!!!

By the way - remember to configure all "problems" before clicking repair, all your previous settings in ASC is also gone!!!

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. I understand you are tired - there are 7 timezones between us, so your watch must say 4 o'clock in the morning. Sleep tight! :-)

I give up, not going to fight this any more. Its just like the first time I joined this forum. When I was fighting registry backup and registry restore, and system informer, which have been removed. I did reinstall and still have system backup in security tools. I did all I could to fix this, but I'm tired of fighting this. I will live with it, and ignore it. Sorry I'm only trying to make us no1. Its ok, and really not bothering me, but confusing new users ;I think. It don't work, that's the bottom line, at least that's what I believe. If the damn thing isn't going to uninstall the old version and install the new version , then we have a problem my friends. That' what I did, and its still there. I can only believe what our program is telling me it did. It said do you want to install new version , and I SAID YES. system backup is still in security tools. good night my friends, I'm tired, AND STUPID . Thank you solbjerg for your help. PS I LOVE THIS FORUM[ garybear]

ok solbjerg

Ok, solbjerg, I did a complete uninstall. I mean I wiped out every thing but the kitchen sink, and the damn system restore is gone after new install. I want to thank you so very much for putting up with me to night. I'm really not that hard to get along with, just want things to work right and not confuse our subscribers . You have my deepest thanks. I am very pleased with your work and dedication. You are no1, and I'm pleased to know you sir. Thank you. [garybear]

Ok gary

It finally worked, - good!

NOW - remember that you must configure the details under "problems" before clicking repair, especially in system optimization, - when you run a scan/repair

Cheers

solbjerg

Ok, solbjerg, I did a complete uninstall. I mean I wiped out every thing but the kitchen sink, and the damn system restore is gone after new install. I want to thank you so very much for putting up with me to night. I'm really not that hard to get along with, just want things to work right and not confuse our subscribers . You have my deepest thanks. I am very pleased with your work and dedication. You are no1, and I'm pleased to know you sir. Thank you. [garybear]

EDIT: Sorry, posted without seeing the last two posts

Hi garybear,

This is for your information.

It really is advisable to clean all the folders and the registry residues, as we have come all the way from Betas.

ASC 3.1.2.604 deleted the concerned utilities, but ASC 3.1.2.606 did not. You can find the information in relevant threads in News & Offer section.

I hope the new releases will not need clean uninstall -install cycle.

In your case, the System Backup in "Utilities" under "Security" does not work because you have XP Home, but not XP Pro.

If you had that Windows function, you should find it in:

start=>Programs=>Accessories=>System Tools=>Backup

Please read #2 post from Ted in this thread.

Most probably IObit deleted them because of that. (XP Pro <-> XP home)

I hope this helps.

Cheers.

It's fine enoskype

All information are welcome

We have really used the knout on this one though, so unless gary has problems with his license, I think this is it! :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

EDIT: Sorry, posted without seeing the last two posts

Hi garybear,

This is for your information.

It really is advisable to clean all the folders and the registry residues, as we have come all the way from Betas.

ASC 3.1.2.604 deleted the concerned utilities, but ASC 3.1.2.606 did not. You can find the information in relevant threads in News & Offer section.

I hope the new releases will not need clean uninstall -install cycle.

In your case, the System Backup in "Utilities" under "Security" does not work because you have XP Home, but not XP Pro.

If you had that Windows function, you should find it in:

start=>Programs=>Accessories=>System Tools=>Backup

Please read #2 post from Ted in this thread.

Most probably IObit deleted them because of that. (XP Pro <-> XP home)

I hope this helps.

Cheers.

I do have a problem

I had the free licence E D I T E D, But I don't remember the account name. It was a 6 month free deal some one on the forum found. I found license no , but not account name. I will buy one when wife gets credit card renewed. My be raymond or some thing like that. He has all kinds of free stuff to try. That's all I remember. I'm old, lucky I remember my name. Thanks[garybear]

Hi gary

Your account name is probably your e-mail address.

(or perhaps just your name)

Mine is my e-mail address!

Cheers

solbjerg

I had the free licence E D I T E D, But I don't remember the account name. It was a 6 month free deal some one on the forum found. I found license no , but not account name. I will buy one when wife gets credit card renewed. My be raymond or some thing like that. He has all kinds of free stuff to try. That's all I remember. I'm old, lucky I remember my name. Thanks[garybear]

Not my name. I was using a free license, some one else name. I'll figure it out tomorrow I'm exhausted solbjerg. You are very much appreciated my friend. Good night. I got this license off the internet from some one on forum,but don't remember who it was.Its good for 6 months, my be not now.It will be ok. Thanks again for all you did for me tonight, you are very much appreciated solberg. [garybear]

Thank You Friends

Ok guys. Old dumb xxx is back to normal. All the tools that don't work are gone from asc3. I have my pro version back, and I'm a happy camper. I'm sorry to be such a pain in the rear. I hope all this is gone. I don't know why I wasn't being up graded, it said I was, but I don't think that was the case. Any way thanks to two special people named solbjerg and enoskype every thing is back the way it should be. It was a hassle , but Its over and I learned a lot. Is asc3 no1 yet? I know two people that are no1 in my book, there names are solbjerg and enoskype. Thanks guys, your are greatly appreciated and admired. Sincerely [garybear]

Archived