IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Potential Scam

Tortha

Has anyone else gotten a call claiming that some $200 charge is coming up pending the cancellation of a renewal plan? Got some “cancellation company” claiming that Iobit would be going under for a couple of months due to Covid complications, and that the company would have to pay taxes on how many people still had its programs on their systems, or some mess like that.

I’m sure the number is randomized, but it opens with an automated message saying something along the lines of that charge amount, and gives the option of redirecting to a human operator. Spoke with them for a bit and they couldn’t provide identifying information for myself or themselves, and directed opening of Chrome, claiming that the programs would need a password to even be removed from the system.

Played between dumb and unable to hear, and they claimed they would call back on a different line to clarify, but haven’t gotten such a call back.

So that’s happening, I guess.

It's a scam.

I would advise that in future it would be best not to even contact human support from such

an email, as even this puts you at risk.

You can always send a message to Cicely, the Iobit team member here on the Forum, if you have doubts in future.