IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Driver Booster tells me I have 26189 unplugged devices whose data needs cleaning

Chris C

Driver Booster tells me that I have 26,189 unplugged devices whose data needs to be cleaned.  I can't fathom any way in which that number is correct.  I told Driver Booster to go ahead and clean their data; it's been cleaning for several hours now. Can anyone tell me what the heck's going on?

Edited by Chris C

It doesn't seem pointless at all, @Scannan.  The clearing of the data has been going for 24 hours now with no indication of any progress being made.  Also, I've never had anywhere near 26,189 devices plugged into my laptop.  You said that the function is explained in the manual you directed me to, but I followed your link, and found a minimal description of what the tool does.  Your reply was dismissive when you told me to go read the manual, especially when the manual was of no help whatsoever.  I'm not a computer scientist, and believe it or not, I have other things going on in my life than trying to figure out what's wrong with IOBit's software and why a forum moderator for their website is so dismissive when customers report problems.

Edited by Chris C

I am also very busy, but I took the time to try and help you. My thanks ?.....I am dismissive.....

You ran a program. It told you that it found 26,189 problems. You freely admit that this made no sense.

But rather than stop there and come and ask what you should do, you decided to carry on regardless and when things did not seem to be going right,

you then decided to ask the question.

So, if I had come back to you and said..." That does not sound right, I advise that you do not proceed"....how would that have helped....you had already proceeded.

So, if it makes you feel better to blame me...then go ahead.

• 1 year later...

I am also faced with the same scenario but only have 15 invalid devices suggested for cleaning. The divices listed are all devices built into the motherboard of the tablet. So, i wanted to investigate why Driver Booster (DB) is suggesting to delete required devices and ran across this chat between a distressed user of DB and this forums moderator read the exchange and could not believe the unprofessional response to a genuine cry for help. DB is a product built to aide with less than expert computer skill and for this reason user are trusting and relying on DB to be as bug free as possible, which it seams to not have been so bug free for the user from this forum thread message and apparently in my case as well. Users come to these forums at a time when they need help. Please keep that in mind when responding to a cry for help. Even experts don't know everything!

• 6 months later...

I agree with those that are confused by the "cleanup" the tool offers. Granted, a lot of tools available on the internet (and yes, I include many of IObit's) do have a tendancy to "over-hype" what they can do for you, so taking any warning with a grain of salt is good.

But, like a couple of the previous posters, I have (in my case) 89 devices to be cleaned. And ya know what? My 😄 drive is the 6th one down the list. I wonder how that could be (considering I'm using my PC right at this moment.

Okay, I suppose that maybe IObit's definition of "Invalid devices' data can be cleaned up" means something different then what WE think it means. In other words, that it just makes sure the driver is up-to-date and/or that any unnecessary installation files are cleaned up. But it's a poor way to word the warning. It almost seems like they are trying to scare me...

Wojo

P.S. Hmm, I just saw the notice just above my post about how "Your content will need to be approved by a monderator". I wonder if this post will appear...

IObit_DB..jpg.3fcf8c3506abd659d9492e9a54b0f526.jpg

Just a brief follow-up to my post... Because of my days of growing up with DOS, I tend to refer to all my DRIVES as a letter followed by a colon ( : ), So when I typed in :), I mean t my C Drive, not the emoji.  Sorry