IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Whats your security setup?

vman

Mine consists of the following:

Eset Smart Security (highest settings)

ThreatFire

Rollback Rx

Shadow Defender

Sandboxie

Hijack This

Counterspy

MBAM

Google Chrome

Altered Host Files

Other Windows Tuneups/ Hardening

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All the anti stuff that i use are on demand scanning, so they have no impact on the system resources. Its just Eset and Threatfire, with rollback just hanging around and shadow defender getting ready. :)

• 3 months later...

I recently upgraded to CIS 3.10.102194.530 and it works like a charm! It pases the Shields Up scan with a 100% stealth rating and scores a perfect 340/340 on the Comodo Leak Tests plus it runs for a fraction of the RAM that other security systems I've had in the past did.

~Maxx~

Dont get me wrong, its really awesome, but using it is a pain in the wahoo. I love HIPS' and live by them (that and sandbox/virtualization) and can totally tolerate its advance features. What gets me is when i tell it to allow something, and it doesn't. Online Armor is free, and is MUCH easier to configure, and hell, it even listens. I might bring that back...

So far, i only use

Iobit's 360 solution, Defensewall, and Sandboxie.

Light, and sexy... :)

I run loads of Security Programs.

Background Programs:

Trend Micro Internet Security 2009 Pro.

PC Tools Threatfire.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Professional.

On Demand Scanners:

*All of the above*

A-Squared Anti-Malware.

Spyware Doctor Pro.

IObit Security 360.

Spybot Search & Destroy.

Various other maintenance programs

Smart Defrag.

Advance SystemCare Pro.

CCleaner.

Registry Mechanic.

What gets me is when i tell it to allow something, and it doesn't.

In Comodo the Defense+ mode being used is very critical to system security and if you have it set to a high secutity mode like Safe, Clean PC or Paraniod Mode Comodo simply will not let you do some things like install new programs because that is how those modes are designed. Temporarily lowering the Defence+ Mode to Training Mode will allow you to perform whatever action you like in Comodo smoothly and without interference.

~Maxx~

I've done that, trust me, I've done everything. The 3.4 version, with just a firewall was so much better in my opinion. I had no trouble at all....

Hey 333halfevil, im hesitant on adding prevx. Dont you need to pay for it in order for it to remove infections?

vman- In the final anylasis computers are as different from each other as the people who run them. I've seen people complain profusely that they had outrageous problems with IObit Smart Defrag and ASC that I've certainly never had and can't begin to relate to, but I also realize that they have a different computer with different problems than I do also.

I've never had any trouble with Comodo 3.10.102363.531 or any other of the previous versions that I have used in executing every command that I required of it without the persistent warnings that you are referring to which I also experienced before I learned how to run Comodo without being bothered by them. Fortunately so because I just couldn't feel secure with a security system that couldn't score a perfect 340/340 on the THE COMODO LEAKTESTS...

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr44/Maxxwire_Photos/FWandDTest340-340s.png

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr44/Maxxwire_Photos/_comodo_logo1.png

~Maxx~

I know the effectiveness of Comodo, but it becomes so overbearing, makes me feel like i have no idea what im doing.

In any case, I just re imaged, so its time to put all the security back on this bad boy. We'll see how that goes...

How do you like Rollback RX? Does it take much RAM to run it? I tried Acronis True Image awhile back, but I uninatalled it because it constantly consumed an incredibly large 250 MB of RAM and I have a stsnding rule about not running programs that require more RAM than the OS itself does.

~Maxx~

I use the boot cd of acronis...i took out rollback once i got the bootable acronis but rollback is extremely light. It takes a while to boot, because it starts up before your system does (in case of system failure) and gives you to option to rollback. Quickest imaging type of app I've EVER seen.

Try it out, its pretty awesome.

During the time that I did try Acronis True Image because of all the great reviews it received I found that either people totally loved it like you do or they were seeking expert help about how to recover their PC's from the totally unbootable state that ATI left their computer in which is simply an unacceptable chance for me to take with my own computer. Please read this PC MAGAZINE REVIEW for more details.

~Maxx~

I've done that, trust me, I've done everything. The 3.4 version, with just a firewall was so much better in my opinion. I had no trouble at all....

Hey 333halfevil, im hesitant on adding prevx. Dont you need to pay for it in order for it to remove infections?

Yes, to remove, but detection is free. But I got a license for free a while ago from a giveaway :cry:

Archived