IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Whats your security setup?

vman

give rollback rx. its just as good.

I will probably wait until CIS 4.0 is released later this year and give the Comodo Time Machine a try. Until then I'll continue to use my current 2TB double backup configuration.

~Maxx~

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kaspersky Internet Security 2010

IObit Security 360

Maintain:

Advanced SystemCare PRO

Smart Defrag

Yeah...that's all, I belive in these fellas, any recommendation is always welcome though;-)

Cheers

My new laptop came with a multi-unit subscription to the Trend Micro suite so I am currently using that as well as ASC Pro and IObit 360. Should I feel the need I can always run Malwarebytes and CCleaner. I use AdBlockPlus and NoScript in my FireFox browser.

I have to say, for Norton, the 2009 version is...rather...scary. They went from a system resource hog, to something light, and, well, something that is completely unlike them, but hey, at least they're improving.

I have to agree with vman that NIS 2009 is light on resources. After hearing so many complaints that it was a resource hog the first thing I did after removing it was to benchtest my computer and I found that it was just as fast as when NIS 2009 was installed and used 100 MB less RAM which is less than 1/2 of the PC Tools security program that I once ran.

The major problem with Norton is that it only gets 40/340 on the Comodo Leak tests which is just unacceptable and is probably why it let a dangerous Downloading Trojan through into my computer fortunately I had a backup Antispyware program that caught before it did any damage.

~Maxx~

I tested the 360 Beta earlier this year(my third go'round with Norton),and though the "numbers" seemed more friendly,my PC was skating in sand.I was able to acquire seven undetected infections in a short surfing session on "the wrong side" of the web.Norton still has "a mind of its own" attitude and the detection rate among real world users(not that paid for, carefully controlled, using canned infections testing) is still dismal at best.There is no product that Symantec will ever get a chance to burn me with again-Three strikes,and they are out... permanently.

Was never a fan of norton, never will be. Unless they make some super antivirus program that can match the heuristics of eset, or have mass signatures like that of kaspersky, and be extremely light on resources, i'm pretty much done with it. I install it to mess around with, but eh. Never will i recommend it. Norton has stained its name...forever and half.

I'm with you there-especially on the Eset thing.I've been using Nod32 AntiVirus V 4.0.something alongside AntiVir Personal which breaks the cardinal rule of two AV's,but absolutely no problem what so ever.No freeze ups or loss of speed anywhere.I'm also giving A Squared(with real time) a go along with those two.It's a bit heavy on the memory though.However,the "walk on the wild side" hasn't proved damaging as one of the three has responded to intrusion attempts every time.

A-squared, a bit heavy, but trust me, its worth it. NOD32 v4 became a bit heavy too...they added a lot of features, but it still usable. 2 av's ey? Well, if you have that much extra ram, try Gdata. That...heavy, but the detection is really awesome.

Thanks

I'll take a look into Gdata in a couple weeks.The two AV's is just an experiment because everyone says you can't run two-usually that's true,but remember,Avira is the "Type O" of security software.So far the transfusion hasn't harmed the patient.

I'm with you there-especially on the Eset thing.I've been using Nod32 AntiVirus V 4.0.something alongside AntiVir Personal which breaks the cardinal rule of two AV's. It's a bit heavy on the memory though.However,the "walk on the wild side" hasn't proved damaging as one of the three has responded to intrusion attempts every time.

When you say 'heavy on the memory' how much RAM would that be?

~Maxx~

Hi Max

a2guard.exe shows 20,656K(steady) in Task Manager. But a2service.exe runs from 94,800K and will spike over 107-I just checked again and a2service has quieted to 36,000K-Not sure what was up there-it wasn't scanning, and there was no notification of an update(though it does hourly)I'll keep a closer eye on it for a better number.Must have been a freak at that moment because AnVir Task Manager would have flagged and throttled it had it persisted.

lady's and gent's here is my lot

simple not to over cooked one would think

Very powerful combo?

router that has its fire wall.filters engaged

LookNstop fire wall size 512 kb installed and very powerful..

zone alarm 5.00.60 on this pc =atheres 4.5 version

Proxomitron (nako-tm) scott lemmon

peergairdian (ip filter)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Test programs

Iobit security just added & testing) <<<<<probable the one i may stick with seems at this stage Very good

A shampoo win optimizer 6 allso testing this seems also To work well

Trojan remover the same ...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Disengaged Any and all MS Apps ,EXE, from linking past the router (blocked)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Browser ???? use 5 different type for different Brow sings --

Thats it itsmejjj

Archived