IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Whats your security setup?

vman

its pretty much the same thing as returnil, but fewer crashes, and for some odd reason, deletes all the malware found (some results i saw of returnil missing a few on reboot).

Trust me, my shadow defender is one bad @$$ software.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr44/Maxxwire_Photos/Album%202/ShadowDefender.png

V-Man- I went to both Cnet and Softpedia where the Shadow Defender program has been downloaded by the thousands, but I could not find so much as 1 user review of this popular virtualization program. Could you possibly direct me to some end user reviews where I could learn more from end users about how Shadow Defender works with the Vista OS?

~Maxx

V-man- Very impressive indeed especially since Wilders Security Forum is very rigorous in their criticism of any security software that is brought to their attention. I also am impressed by Shadow Defender's perfect score on the Kill Disk Tests!

I've always liked using Sandboxie not only for its high security, but also because it requires only 5 MB of RAM when use. How would you compare Shadow Defender's RAM usage to that of SBIE?

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr44/Maxxwire_Photos/Album%202/sandboxie-logo.png

~Maxx~

PS- I also found and downloaded the Firefox 3.51 Portable App from the link you provided, thanks!

I run them together with NO system slow down at all. The only thing that takes a while to do, is commit large files...while the system is being protected by shadow defender that is. But, i assume thats normal (i committed about 2 gigs of back up files). Its reallllly light, you wont even know its there and works dandy with sandboxie

Does Shadow Defender need to be booted with Windows or can it be run and closed selectively as needed like SBIE? Also, have you ever measured Shadow Defender's RAM usage with a third party utility like Process Explorer which is much more accurate than Task Manager?

Sorry to be so picky, but it took me an entire year to slash my Vista OS daily RAM usage from an incredible 1.5 GB down to just over 600 MB with virtually no memory leaks thanks to IObit Smart Ram and I am now reluctant to add programs which consume considerable amounts of resources right from the boot like Microsoft loaded up off the shelf Vista with.

~Maxx~

WoW! Now that's an efficient running program! Shadow Defender uses only a fraction of the memory footprint that Process Explorer uses to measure it with! I'll be busy working on my A/V and Vacuum Tube Stereo Systems this weekend, but I'll definitely be checking out Shadow Defender this next week...

~Maxx~

Petit- Can IObit Security 360 be used only in the capacity of an on demand Malware scanner/remover?

~Maxx~

Err I'm turn a realtime protection on.

And I nerver seen any confilct until now.

However I'm using security360 to scan my computer sometimes.

• 3 weeks later...

HELLO WORLD!

Its been a while since I've been on here, been extreamly busy with both school, and schooling of other sorts.

Anyways, just wanted to say HI, and, you guys should try UBCD4WIN, and put it on a usb drive. I have yet to be successful as of yet, but still, I've gotten extremely far.

Petit- I have discovered that one of the more knowledgeable Moderators over at the Comodo Forum has had success using IObit 360 as a demand scanner...

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr44/Maxxwire_Photos/Album%202/IObit360EricJH.png

~Maxx~

• 2 months later...

Dont mean to rebump this thread, but, I feel like instead of starting a new one, i should continue my security setup here.

My MD rules will be posted soon, i need a few days, and i kinda like what im seeing. Do, keep in mind, im the paranoid freak who can have the government behind him, and feel somewhat exposed.

Dont mean to rebump this thread, but, I feel like instead of starting a new one, i should continue my security setup here.

My MD rules will be posted soon, i need a few days, and i kinda like what im seeing. Do, keep in mind, im the paranoid freak who can have the government behind him, and feel somewhat exposed.

Great news there,as well as people will learn more from it. (etc,me) :smile:

P.S : Whats MD?

Archived