IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

AWC Registry cleaner problems - please respond !!

Careful

I Installed v. 2.40 after performing full scan and fixing. Following the new installation I scanned my computer. Registry scan showed about 400 entries. .Some were MRUs but most were similar -

description: missing library type, Registry key: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT_CLSID \{.........}, Registry value: N/A.

Cleaning the 400 "problematic entries" caused the malfunction of other registry cleaning software.

Previously I used to get 10 - 20 mostly MRU and had no visible problems.

I reverted back to the older version and will stay there until this issue clears.

Any suggestion ?

Thumbs down AWC Registry cleaner problems - please respond !!

Dear Tim,

I thought that I explained the problem - the registry cleaner of v. 2.40 does "over cleaning". Before its installation I checked the registry with AWC, Fix-It and Regseeker, none showed this multitude of problems.

Then, after cleaning the 400 problems AWC found, I ran fix-it which found then more than 6000 registry problems. When I reverted back to the older AWCPro, everything came back to normal.

My interpretation is that there are problems with AWC 2.40 registry cleaner.

C.

Hi Careful,

Do you mean that you ran the new 2.4 registry cleaner and repaired the issues and then more occured? It is very possible that more would turn up in other software like regseeker after repairing with another software program simply because of the different cleaning engines.

As long as no issues are occuring on your computer the changes being made are not harmful. It is even possible that the new entries found were just those being cleaned up after the fresh installation from the old installation.

As a test for yourself, run regseeker once, clean and repair, then run again and it should find more things to fix- but don't run other other registry cleaner programs before or in between. The new items it finds are common because when cleaning it is likely that the deletion of one obsolete key causes another one to be identified. It's purpose was likely related to the other obsolete key and now it is cleaned as well.

Hope this helps

I too have this problem.

Actually, it only requires that you open the exe file. After that, other registry cleaners like RegSeeker, RegVac, etc. find hundreds/thousands of keys. For me, they have all been around the Interface entries....

Dear Clayton

AWC itself warns not to overclean the registry. I check the registry often and was suspicious when AWC found so many new errors. After cleaning these errors I ran Fix It which then discovered more than 6000 (six thousand) errors. My interpretation is that this is an indication of a problem with AWC 2.40 registry cleaner. Going back (system restore) and re-installing the AWC previous version brought things back to normal. I made similars tests with Regseeker.

p.s. see Adchia's posting - he had similar problems. It seems to me that the current version of AWC has not been tested enough

C.

Are we speaking of the registry cleaner in the basic AWC program or the separately attached full registry cleaner in AWC?

I have not yet noticed this problem. Take note of what AWC is finding and repairing (if possible only repair 1 key at a time and see which one is causing the thousands of errors in regseeker). Also, since you would be using regseeker, it tells you what type of error was found in regseeker (such as "unused filename" or another) so if you could take note of those it would be very helpful also.

If you choose to help and do a little extra testing you can respond to this forum thread or just PM Tim Xue separately.

• 3 weeks later...

After I searched this forum to find out info about invalid reg key's, I like to ask why I get so many items coming back every scan. Between 50 > 150.

Most of them are "invalid reg. history >HKCU" MRUList or MRUListEx and "a b c >more" or "1 2 3 >more".

Is this normal behavior of the registry ?

Or do I have to configure something ?

My knowledge of this is limited.

Arnold :?: :?:

Hi Arnold1,

The one's you described are normal. What you described are pretty much useless history items that windows writes to the registry . They can be repaired with no problems. The amount of items depends on what you do on the computer. On average I have 8-10. If I do alot of stuff I can have 80-90.

samr.

AWC messes up Fix-It

Hi,

As I noted previously, I cleaned the registry with Regseeker and Fix-it. I installed AWC Pro which found about 400 registry errors. I then ran Fix-It which found ~ 6000 registry errors. Recleaning produced 150 more. Restarting the computer and running Fix-it produced again the same ~ 6000 errors.

I removed both Fix-It and AWC, installed Tuneup utilities Trial, cleaned the registry, installed AWC Pro, which found about 400 errors. I cleaned the registry and ran Tuneup utilities which discovered just a few more. The same was true for Regseeker. My computer works since then without any other problem.

Conclusion - AWC messes up Fix-It

Careful

AWC Registry cleaner screwed some progs

Hi.

I have noticed at least one issue. After using AWC Registry cleaner (just once) and reboot my system. then my "cacheman XP" program no longer auto loads with windows, and also I was unable to launch it.

I needed to reinstall Cacheman XP and the problem fixed.

Since then I no longer use AWC registry cleaner, instead I use Ccleaner which at almost 2 years of using it never had screwed my windows XP SP2.

Iobit: AWC is a great App I use it but the registry cleaner module is not 100% safe to use.

It's normal.

Diferent engines detects diferents problems.

Try Using CCleaner an clean everything... later run AWC and, tachan!! more trash in your pc.

Althought some programs detect something as invalid and others not, by deleting or fixing activeX and Com entries can make more invalid keys

Archived