IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Smart Defrag v8 Download issue.

supersoul

Hi there

Downloading "Smart Defrag 8 Free" by clicking on your website(the green buttons) route me through MajorGeeks - which is fine - but the download is not correct.

It arrives as "smart-defrag-setup" - with no file extension. I was reluctant to change the file myself to "smart-defrag-setup.exe" even though scanning it shows no malware - as it could still be something like a fishing link... who knows?

I downloaded "smart-defrag-setup.exe" via a link posted by Cicely in this community forum as "Smard Defrag 8" (sic) - but I'm suspicious by nature so I'm sending this feedback here, and also posting it at the forum...

If the green button on your main Smart Defrag 8 webpage is corrected to download "smart-defrag-setup.exe", I will try your new version 8.

Thanks
Supersoul

First...I have moved your post, as you posted in Smart Defrag Feedback, and this is not feedback.

It is a specific issue. In future, please post correctly.

As to your issue....I have just clicked on the "Green Button"and it did take me to the Majorgeeks site, where the Download

is... smart-defrag-setup.exe.... and is for version 8.

So, if you are going to the Majorgeeks site and getting the setup file without the .exe, then your system must be blocking it.

45 minutes ago, Jayteasee said:

The file works if you add the file extension .exe . For some reason it's missing from it.

Would something cause the removal of the file extension at the download process?

Could be your Anti-virus program.

Could be your browser security settings.

Could be the Windows Installer Service.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Windows/Microsoft where you do not own your pc, but borrow it from MS.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-computer-with-windows-10-cant-download-or-open/8081487f-0153-474f-913c-76181d052794

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-download-files-with-an-exe-extension/32d08203-a838-4a91-8317-30483c351ca5