IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Internet Boost Speed Setting

User001a

I use xfinity internet with 800mbps.  I would like to know which is the best for this connection in ASC 16

Under internet boost pro settings I have the following options: Basic, DSL, Lan, Dial Up Modem, Fios, and Wireless.

None of them says cable modem in the description. I would like to  know which one I should choose from the dropdown menu to get the best speed optimizations for my 800mbps cable connection. I have included two images, but due to a download manager running in the background downloading files at the moment the speeds are under 800mbps in the image included, but they are typically right around 800mbps with no download manager running so which speed boost optimization settings are best for my connection. I am using windows 10 64-bit build 22H2.Untitled.jpg.9aa2696ceee80ea6002886ac09206ec4.jpg

New Bitmap Image.jpg

14 hours ago, User001a said:

I use xfinity internet with 800mbps.  I would like to know which is the best for this connection in ASC 16

Under internet boost pro settings I have the following options: Basic, DSL, Lan, Dial Up Modem, Fios, and Wireless.

None of them says cable modem in the description. I would like to  know which one I should choose from the dropdown menu to get the best speed optimizations for my 800mbps cable connection. I have included two images, but due to a download manager running in the background downloading files at the moment the speeds are under 800mbps in the image included, but they are typically right around 800mbps with no download manager running so which speed boost optimization settings are best for my connection. I am using windows 10 64-bit build 22H2.Untitled.jpg.9aa2696ceee80ea6002886ac09206ec4.jpg

New Bitmap Image.jpg

Hi,

There is a hint for each option. You can choose each option and see the hint below. Then you can select the one according to the hint.

Our technicians say you can try the Basic option.

Happy New Year!

Well, it seems my joining is recognised in my profile but not on the forum dates as you roll back through them. I made a comment on the current version at the time and also a question similar to this one.
It is noted that I have one post, but it cannot be found even though it was recorded as being posted on the 30th of Dec. Sort of makes a person feel like a non entity...Still that is how the Government treats us, so why not.

My question relating to the settings for the internet are really simple. I have a Fibre Optic connection to the home running at 100Mbps. One computer is direct connected via cable and so I just set FIOS as this is a 1000Mbps link. The rest are WiFi and include laptops, Phones and Tablet's.

These are the ones that I am trying to figure out, Should I set them to Wireless connection, or to FIOS as well?

I have just upgraded to the latest iteration of version 16, and I have read so many people having so many trivial issues. I am not a computer guru, but I know how to read and I know how to ask for help when I do not understand something. Having used ASC since version 7, this is my first time to be asking a question for help and only because I have the opportunity to increase my home supply speed to 250Mbps. Who wouldn't want to make the most of that opportunity?

Thanks, hoping you can get something more specific in a reply than the previous answer. That seems to be very vague in the least and trying the "Basic option", well to me seem like a backward step to the whole point of optimizing your system!

Kind Regards, Jeff

• 3 weeks later...

I'd like a Reset Button for the Internet settings option.  

I found that some applications do not function correctly with the Pro settings.

For example, Blizzard's Battlenet WoW Update functionality appears to fail with Pro settings.  I have also found that many home PC backup software applications have a hard time creating a snapshot for backup purposes with the Pro settings.    In an effort to troubleshoot these items, I had to then find and use Microsoft's document on resetting the Internet settings.  Resetting that item appears to have fixed those issues but the Microsoft documentation was not simple to locate or use.

Can IOBIT please add a reset button? 

On 1/30/2023 at 7:26 AM, Scannan said:

It already has that feature. You should read the User Manual.

http://www.iobit.com/product-manuals/asc-help/#Toolbox

I appreciate the feedback.  This is what I found:
image.thumb.png.71134b7af1545ac9d9982dcdeaca2054.png

I see I was not clear, let me clarify -

I am asking for a reset button in the Advanced System Care 'Settings' menu.  This is where I had selected 'Enable Advanced Network Optimization'.
I had not downloaded IOBIT Internet Booster or was aware of it at the time.

I believe that adding a reset button to this menu would be very useful to the users.

image.thumb.png.3da38d14bf5d2310bf960f9638a76c6e.png

Thank you for your reply.  It is good to know that, if one looks around, that feature can be found.  

And I still feel that having that button located in the same menu location as where the change can be made would be useful and comforting to the customer.

This conversation as been enlightening. Your implied, if not outright condescension, to a feature request has me rethinking my continued renewal of the several IOBIT products I have purchased.

Thank you for your time and education per the user manual.

Yep...some people just like to moan and complain, regardless.

You came here for help...which you got.

If you feel my pointing you to the User manual (which you should have read when you got the software) is condescending,

then I venture to think that you are someone who will often be disappointed.

5 hours ago, shardog said:

I can’t believe the attitude of these customer service people! We would have been sacked had we treated a customer in this disrespectful manner. Absolutely disgusting😠

What "customer service people"??

The forum is made up of volunteers who do not work for Iobit.