IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Issues between ASC and Google Drive

Guys, could someone help me?
Every time I perform maintenance with Advanced Systemcare my Google Drive disconnects and it is no longer possible to reconnect it, making the program full of glitches, meaning I need to reinstall it and download all the files again. This error has already occurred 4 times. Is there any fix for that?

In order to assist you, we need more information.

Saying "Every time I perform maintenance " does not tell us anything helpful.

The more information you give, the easier it is to assist you.

Exactly what "maintenance" are you performing.

Have you checked your settings, or do you just run ASC with it's defaults.

Is this only happening with ASC 17 or has it happened with other versions.

Have you searched the forum for similar issues/solutions.

I am having the same problem and it is a MASSIVE nightmare. I am uninstalling ACS and regret I ever purchased it.  I am editing this post to make absolutely clear how f-ing angry I am about this. completely ballsed up my Google Drive which took hours and hours to sort out. Then it happened a second time. AS far as I am concerned ACS is a total pile...

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, stepheng said:

I am having the same problem and it is a MASSIVE nightmare. I am uninstalling ACS and regret I ever purchased it.  I am editing this post to make absolutely clear how f-ing angry I am about this. completely ballsed up my Google Drive which took hours and hours to sort out. Then it happened a second time. AS far as I am concerned ACS is a total pile...

It is a pity that you would make the decision to remove ASC rather than try to fix the issue, allowing you to continue to have the benefits of ASC.

I purchased and installed ASC 17 Pro and immediately began experiencing the issue described with Google Drive. I couldn't connect to my account no matter how many times I tried so I removed and reinstalled Drive. Even though I can now connect, I can't actually open any of my files on Drive. I get the windows spinner and that's it. 

i hope that this is something that iObit addresses soon.

Edited by Devin
  • Like 1

Just like the OP, you have given us absolutely no information which would enable us to help you.

We are not mind readers.

The fact that when ASC is disable that Google drive operates correctly, shows that it is a setting in one of the ASC functions that is causing the issue.

AS, you told us nothing, we do not know what scans you run. What settings you use.

If you are using Auto clean/Auto sweep.

If Google drive fails just by opening ASC or if it fails after using some function or scan.

7 hours ago, Scannan said:

Just like the OP, you have given us absolutely no information which would enable us to help you.

We are not mind readers.

The fact that when ASC is disable that Google drive operates correctly, shows that it is a setting in one of the ASC functions that is causing the issue.

AS, you told us nothing, we do not know what scans you run. What settings you use.

If you are using Auto clean/Auto sweep.

If Google drive fails just by opening ASC or if it fails after using some function or scan.

Why are you so hostile? Does iObit condone your behavior as a Moderator? Is this how they prefer to have their customers treated?

I provided the info that I had on hand. It should be enough to know that Drive fails when ASC is running and that multiple customers have reported the issue. ASC is clearly the culprit. Other than iObit Uninstaller, I am new to the iObit software suite. If anything, you should direct us to which settings you need us to report. "I'm not a mind reader" of your support team's needs to properly evaluate the issue. Currently, I'm running the settings at the default. If you believe it may be a setting, why not simply direct us to which ones to check? 

If these are the best personal skills you can offer, maybe reconsider the Moderator role. There is no need to address people politely posting legitimate concerns with the software as you choose to do.

Edited by Devin
  • Like 1

You must have a very difficult time, if you consider someone who is trying to help you, and asks for some information, in ,

order to do so, as Hostile.

You must have read my initial reply to the OP, yet still you do exactly the same and supply no information at all.

Try going to any other forum or help site, and simply say, "My product does not work, I hope you can address it", and see what

reply/assistance you get.

Dealing with the public can be frustrating at times. I get it but here's how this should go. Feel free to use this as a model or template for your future interactions.

"Customer Name,

First of all, thanks for your purchase of ASC and support of the iObit team. This is a new issue but I will do my best to help you troubleshoot a solution. If I'm unable to do so, I'll escalate to the support team so that it can be addressed in a future update. As this has also been reported by other users and only occurs when ASC is installed, this appears to be something on our end that we need to resolve. I believe it's a problem with the settings but if you are using the defaults, as reported, we need to figure out the issue. However, I will need some additional information from you before we can get started.

1. Are you running any other iObit products? If so, which ones?
  2. Are you running any other system tools that could potentially cause conflict?
  3. Since there are 18 categories in ASC's settings alone, I will direct you to the ones of relevance. Please respond with attached screenshots of X, Y, and Z.
  4. Are you using Google Drive in Sync or Stream mode?
  5. What version of the OS are you currently using?

This should be enough information to get started tracking down the issue. Remember that you can also contact support directly here

Thanks,
(Removed by Moderator)

(Signing a post in another's name will get you Banned. This is your only warning)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Devin said:

Dealing with the public can be frustrating

I have never minded dealing with the public. It is however difficult dealing with moaners who get the bit between their teeth

and will stick to their course regardless of whether or not they are helping themselves and others.

I have no intention of getting into a discussion with you. Your understanding of the Forum is completely incorrect.

Go and read the information regarding the operation of the forum.

Ok Scannan, what exactly do you need to solve this problem?

Thank you Devín, for trying to solve this problem, but nothing is happening here. I know what you mean, how it should be and I agree with you.

Edited by GEO123
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, GEO123 said:

I know what you mean, how it should be and I agree with you.

Well, then, my reply is the same for you as it was for him.

Maybe Devin will provide the information/solution for you.

You people really do need to get a grip and realise that we are volunteers trying to help each other, and not

at the beck and call of lazy people who could not even be bothered to supply the requested information, in order to enable

us to help them.

Are you genuinely trying to resolve your issue or do you just like moaning and berating others.

Read my first post. Exactly how much clearer could I make it.

What do you not understand about what I requested.

On 12/1/2023 at 9:56 AM, Scannan said:

Try going to any other forum or help site, and simply say, "My product does not work, I hope you can address it", and see what

reply/assistance you get.

4 minutes ago, GEO123 said:

Excellent, again no answer to our questions.

Well you have at least answered my last question...

1 hour ago, Scannan said:

Are you genuinely trying to resolve your issue or do you just like moaning and berating others.

you just like moaning and berating others

Have you not noticed that no one else is rushing to help you.

All you have done is moan and complain, when all that was required of you was to answer the

questions I asked in my first post. It would have taken a lot less effort to do that.

Had you done so, your issue would most likely have been solved already.

• 2 months later...

I've just wasted 3 hours getting to the bottom of this and being on a screen share with Adobe support, when after running ASC, none of my InDesign or Photoshop files would open. I didn't even initially make the connection with GD, because the files were there, G'Drive did not give me any connection errors. ASC seemed to have cleaned out my GD cache, too. I assumed it was a major issue with Adobe CC. 

The fact that this happened made me disable ASC immediately from auto-running and switched off the default AI mode. I would really recommend iOBIT to investigate this. It wasn't a great experience.

7 minutes ago, nadworks said:

I've just wasted 3 hours getting to the bottom of this and being on a screen share with Adobe support, when after running ASC, none of my InDesign or Photoshop files would open. I didn't even initially make the connection with GD, because the files were there, G'Drive did not give me any connection errors. ASC seemed to have cleaned out my GD cache, too. I assumed it was a major issue with Adobe CC. 

The fact that this happened made me disable ASC immediately from auto-running and switched off the default AI mode. I would really recommend iOBIT to investigate this. It wasn't a great experience.

I just went back and read a few messages here. I'm mildly shocked by the tone of the "Moderator" here. If this is an iOBIT representative, it makes me feel uncomfortable about the company. But for what it's worth, in my particular instance, I had done a fresh install of ASC Pro on my new-ish Windows 11 machine, with no settings changed or customised and simply ran it. Then accepted the recommended fixes.