IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Automatic scan (too automatic!!) [SOLVED by IS360 3.1]

Leighton

How do I stop the infernal autoscan? I've turned it off, "Disable automatic scan", but it keeps launching itself. It runs for about 15 seconds, then stops... waiting for me to resume. Please, make it stop.

Also, half the time I have to reboot because IS360 won't allow BitDefender's tray icon to be available.

P.S. I am running version 1 beta 3.

Thanks for your support,

Leighton

IS360 frustration

I'm getting a little frustrated here. I can't get anything done because the autoscan keeps popping up. It runs the scan, then restarts the scan again and again. I'm about ready to throw in the towel on this thing.

Do any IOBit developers read what frustrations users post here?

If this isn't resolved soon, I will have to uninstall it so I can get something done. Please, somebody help!!

Auto Scan - cannot control

Hi,

I must be one of the gang, along with Leighton, and everybody else, but not like Mongoose.

It runs the scan, then restarts the scan again and again

I have also tried disabling the Auto Scan, I have tried setting a scheduled scan but the thing just scans when it feels like it.

I have been careful to select Apply, OK etc but the sucker still runs and then stops, asking to be restarted, when it feels like it.

Other than the Auto Scan issue it looks and works fine, so far.

Help???

Auto scan on steroids

Hi laopa,

I see that on another post, one of the moderators is seeing the same problem. Hopefully someone in development has been made aware of this. For the time being, I'm gonna have to turn this thing off. If I run to the kitchen to get more coffee, when I come back, the creature has returned to the swamp. I watched it complete the scan, then restart four time times before I killed it. It doesn't seem to know when enough is enough.

Please, somebody in development, let me know if this problem is being addressed.

Thanks for agreeing,

Leighton

auto scan in is360

If you're going to do an auto scan, do it in the background and notify the user if there is an error, don't put up a scan-progress window. It should run silently in the background like IOBit SmartDefrag does. Run once every thirty minutes (not to exceed 25% CPU time) for a complete scan. You still have the heuristics running to prevent zero-day problems. This constant restart-on-completion is the utmost in intrusive software behavior. When it's scanning, it's using 50% of the CPU time.

I don't want to have to uninstall the software, since it has potential. With its' current behavior, I will have no choice.

Please get this problem resolved as quickly as possible.

Thanks,

Leighton

Scaned to DEATH

Hi,

I must be one of the gang, along with Leighton, and everybody else, but not like Mongoose.

I have also tried disabling the Auto Scan, I have tried setting a scheduled scan but the thing just scans when it feels like it.

I have been careful to select Apply, OK etc but the sucker still runs and then stops, asking to be restarted, when it feels like it.

Other than the Auto Scan issue it looks and works fine, so far.

Help???

I too have this problem. Have to kill it 4 or 5 times before it will stop

Ah, glad to see that I am not the only one! 360 has become a very valuable security program. Y'all have done great work with its development. Little bugs like this are to be expected in a beta program and that is what we testers are for. It was driving me nuts though. The auto scan would pop up no matter what I did. I'll uninstall and wait for 3.1.

We've been saved.

Will fix in Beta 3.1 and we will release it in soon. Please update to Beta3.1 when it is ready.

I have is360 beta 3.1.20 and Tim was as good as his word. It is finally fixed. No more annoying auto-scans. I've been saved.:lol:

Thanks for your support,

Leighton

8) I've been using, Advanced System Care Free, since it was, Advanced Windows Care Free, in both beta and final forms and been happy with it 8)

8) So I figured I'd try out 360 beta. I had the same problem as stated in this thread. But, I have a 6 year old computer that was working just fine before the install. I'll have to see if the update helps, but it was causing internet pages to take almost a minute or even more to load because it was constantly scanning. Which is the reason I joined this forum to put in my two cents 8)

Archived