IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Revo Uninstaller

garybear

Absolutely! I would not even consider uninstalling a program without using Revo because it finds all of the remnants that the Windows uninstaller left behind in the Registry and removes all of them! So far Revo's record is removing 710 remnants when I uninstalled NIS 2009.

I also use the Revo start program tool as well as the Junk File Tool to remove outdated Registry Files and the Evidence Remover to securely wipe/overwrite the free space on the 250 MB Main C drive or any of the external Drives which comprise a total of 2.98 TB of storage space on my computer.

~Maxx~

gary

what ever you use remember to goto windows explorer - program files and check that the folder for the software has been deleted if its still there right click and delete.

then

goto

RUN enter REGEDIT then you come to the registry page. click on the HKEY..USER scroll down and click on software and delete any entries there and the same again for HKEY LOCAL MACHINE.

last of all do a search in windows search for the name of the software in case any more scraps appear needing deleting.

then run a deep registry scan again.

In theory all these should come up nothing found but in practice even the best reg checkers and uninstallers occasionally leave crap behind.

have a look lets us know if you find any has been stuff left behind. [back up first before any changes]

Thanks every one

Thanks sunny staines, Maxxwire, and Petit for your posts on my thread. I will feel better about using this program. Wow Maxxwire, that's a lot of storage. I have a great back up program (Macrium Relect). Great tips sunny staines. I do most of them, but will add yours to my list.Live well friends.{garybear}

what ever you use remember to goto windows explorer - program files and check that the folder for the software has been deleted if its still there right click and delete.

then

goto

RUN enter REGEDIT then you come to the registry page. click on the HKEY..USER scroll down and click on software and delete any entries there and the same again for HKEY LOCAL MACHINE.

last of all do a search in windows search for the name of the software in case any more scraps appear needing deleting.

then run a deep registry scan again.

In theory all these should come up nothing found but in practice even the best reg checkers and uninstallers occasionally leave crap behind.

have a look lets us know if you find any has been stuff left behind. [back up first before any changes]

Hi sunny staines. Found these in my registry. Did a search but couldn't find any thing on them. Jet Car, NOS, ORL and ICE. Other than these 4, nothing I didn't want or need.Thanks.{Gary}PS These were in software.

Hi, Gary,

I use Revo Uninstaller and remove all that it finds, then I run RegSeeker and it usually finds a swag of Registry entries. After checking, then deleting all that it finds I consider the programme well and truly uninstalled. I still find myself checking the Program Files folder and Start > All Programs folder, but seldom find any remnants.

Hi friend

Hi, Gary,

I use Revo Uninstaller and remove all that it finds, then I run RegSeeker and it usually finds a swag of Registry entries. After checking, then deleting all that it finds I consider the programme well and truly uninstalled. I still find myself checking the Program Files folder and Start > All Programs folder, but seldom find any remnants.

Hi Ted . Thanks for your post. Do you ever use the search feature in Regseeker? (screen print attached). Revo has a similar feature. Good to hear from you. Have you had to use Macrium yet?? I helped a guy on the forum with Macrium,and he said it worked just great for him. I haven't crashed lately. Probably about due(lol).Live well my friend.{gary}

Gary

Absolutely-That search,or as they label it-"find in" feature is great.I use it to first search files and then the registry search checking the boxes for HKEY user and current.Also,Ive found a search for both the application name and then the developer(or software co. name)yield the best results. Fx., when cleaning up after an uninstall of DiskTrix Ultimate Defrag,I searched for Ultimate Defrag,and then DiskTrix.A search for the whole string found nothing.Or if I was uninstalling ASC,I would search the full name,then search Iobit (if ASC was the only Iobit software I had).I use this same method for a Windows search-seems to find the most.The manual clean-up per Sunny is always advised no matter what tools you employ.A word of caution about Reg Seeker and its back-up/restoration capabilities.I judge it to be 75%-80% effective at best in the restoration area.So I always perform a full registry back-up before I use it.But other than that,I wouldn't be without it.And the "Tools" in Revo work well too.

Hi, Gary,

Do you ever use the search feature in Regseeker?

Yes, that is the feature I use to find all those registry entries.

No, I haven't had to use Macrium yet, but it's nice to know it's there, just in case. I did download and install the free Giveaway of Paragon Drive Backup a few weeks ago, but I really can't see what I would gain by switching to it. After all, Macrium is free, it does all I want, there is an excellent support service and all of it's updates are free!

Jet Car, NOS, ORL and ICE. Other than these 4, nothing I didn't want or need.Thanks.{Gary}PS These were in software.

keep NOS its related to your network operation software. Bugged me not knowing what it could be so trawled mdsn.

So you can now sleep in peace tonight.

Are you sure? NOS only shows up in my Program Files having to download and use the Adobe Download Manager when updating Adobe Flash Player, etc.

See this picture in another thread.

Hi, detailer,

That Paragon app. had a huge footprint,didn't it?

Although I downloaded and installed the Paragon backup programme, I must confess that I haven't really examined it closely at all. I suppose I really should uninstall it and pack it away for a rainy day. A separate registration key was supplied, so reinstalling it would be no problem.

Archived