IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Which internet browser is very fast?

oryxer

Which internet browser is very fast?  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Forgot Chrome

For me,right now,the latest build of Chrome 4.0.202.0 loads quicker,and renders my favorite web pages noticeably faster than FF 3.0.13,Safari 4.0.3,and Opera 10 Beta with the turbo option enabled.FF 3.5 is buggy for me.I haven't compared download speeds or performed any testing.I know what my eyes see.Whats IE :???:

since its being asked CometBird it the fastest browser in the System ----

and very secure, better than fire fox beats it 20%

next is fire fox..

almost as good -----

Comet bird --

based on ---Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.3) Gecko/2008100913 Firefox/3.0.3 Comet Bird/3.0.3

The page-loading speed is greatly improved by opening new page in a new tab instead of new window, which saves much of your computer memory and disk space.

Much Safer

Anti-virus software, Pop-up blocker, one-click clearing private data, anti-malware and customized security settings etc, all these techniques are applied to assure your computer memory and disk space

Why CometBird

CometBird is a totally free software with superior speed and performance. The upgraded version has many advantages both in performance and privacy protection.

Bookmarks Auto-synchronizer makes it truth for you to use a same bookmarks collection anytime and anywhere; Thousands of customization options are available for you to make CometBird at your own style; Powerful security and privacy protection techniques produce a clear browsering environment for you; Intelligent password manager and smart address bar saves your time and improve the web page view speed!

http://www.cometbird.com/

Try it Now!

itsmejjj

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr44/Maxxwire_Photos/Album%202/opera10b.jpg

This is a record of the Opera Beta 2 browser downloading 5 different 64 mb to 80 mb loads using its Comcast IP. As you can see the peak download bandwidth is 32.5 mbps with Opera's current downloading speed record so far on my Vista computer being 34.6 mbps.

I'm not going to claim that Opera is the fastest browser, but if anyone can post the test results of a browser with better specs using the free for trial use Bandwidth Meter Pro which I used to generate the above screenshot or any other Bandwidth Meter I would be very interested in seeing your measurement results proving which browser is truly faster.

~Maxx~

jjj- I also use 100 mbps ethernet and my IP uses the DOCSIS 3.0 Interface which has a 50 mbps bandwidth and offers Turbo Boost Technology which I take maximum advantage of with the Opera browser which allows the user to manually tweak its onboard network settings and increase its speed over 400% so that I am able to make use of up to 69.3% of my IP's total available bandwidth to achieve actual download speeds of up to 34.6 mbps with the Opera browser fully tweaked on the first 80 mb of any download which size accounts for a total of about 99% of the downloads that I do on line. When it comes to high speed surfing and blazing fast download speeds from the internet its not how much total bandwidth is potentially available that counts, but rather how much of the available bandwidth the browser is able to put to constructive use.

~Maxx~

Magic[Hunter]- Laughable indeed! The fact that Google Chrome was not included in the poll, but Internet Explorer 9 was is a direct reflection both on the integrity and knowledge of currently used browsers of the person who started this thread.

~Maxx~

The Fox is on Fire

I have only had a computer since December 2008 and have always used FireFox but since there has been a lot of discussion about different browsers around the forums, I decided to try Opera and Chrome.

Here are my own personal results and it should be noted that FireFox has some add-ons that make my browser use easier, meaning a slower start up etc is acceptable in the long run.

Cold Start: (First launch since starting computer)

Opera launches fastest beating Chrome by a few seconds then FireFox is about 8 seconds behind Chrome.

Warm Start: (has been launched before)

Opera launches fastest beating Chrome by a few seconds then FireFox is a few seconds behind Chrome.

Web page loading

Among others, I went to a Nasa site that I knew would have many images. The figures I give here are for that site but other sites gave the same 'relative' results.

Also this is fully loaded, although the page was 'readable' before that.

Un-Cached: (Never been to the site before)

Opera: 9 seconds

FireFox: 11 seconds

Chrome: 15 seconds

Cached: (Been to the site before)

Opera: 8 seconds

FireFox: 9 seconds

Chrome: 13 seconds

Downloading: (46 MB)

FireFox with DownThemAll add-on is the winner by such a long way.

I eventually canceled the Opera and Chrome downloads as I couldn't be bothered waiting for them anymore.

I did try adjusting the Opera settings as was suggested here but it was still too slow compared to FireFox with DownThemAll

To sum up my personal opinion:

Opera is gorgeous, such a smoooooth cruise around the web.

But, when it comes to doing anything other than cruising and reading then Opera can't get near FireFox. I will definitely keep a close eye on Opera, I want to use it :-D

Chrome is still Beta so I won't be too harsh but nothing about it appeals to me. I will watch it but there will have to be significant changes before I install it again :-|

FireFox with my theme of choice and add-ons looks great and performs very well.

Not as smooth a cruise as Opera but once at the page FireFox excels.

Having always used FireFox, then trying these other browsers, I was shocked and happy to see how much AdBlock+ makes reading the page so much better.

Downloading is fast and easy, even YouTube etc :-D

So for everyday day use and convenience.

FireFox by a long way, then Opera, then a big gap to Chrome.

PS: I am going to give IE a chance next but since I am so happy with FireFox I am in no hurry.

All the best, woz of oz

To sum up my personal opinion:

Opera is gorgeous, such a smoooooth cruise around the web.

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr44/Maxxwire_Photos/Album%202/OperaSpeedDial.png

wozofoz- You didn't mention which version of Opera that you took for a test ride, but this is what the skinnable and fully customizable Opera 10 Beta 3 Speed Dial page that I'm now running looks like.

I was interested in the slow downloading that you described Opera as doing because on my bandwidth any version of Opera will download 46 MB in about 25 seconds and I was wondering how much slower than is than Forefox with the DownThemAll addon?

True to form you are like most of the people I know who use Firefox in that the bottom line is the vast array of very useful add-ons that prevent you from switching to another browser.

~Maxx~

The Opera is cool too

Hi,

I used v 9 something, whatever was the latest (not beta), made it my default browser and used it for about 2 weeks

I was very impressed with it's smoothness, sorry to keep using this word but the look and 'feel' reminded me of glass.

I so wanted it to be the one and managed to find a few tweaks through the amazing blog

Tamil Opera FAQ

http://my.opera.com/Tamil/blog/

I can't speak highly enough of Tamil, so clever and extremely helpfull.

I toggled the Menu Bar and put Menu Buttons instead.

Changed Speed Dial number.

Added ability to copy text off the page.

I used the following to do these:

Opera Button Creator

http://nontroppo.org/tools/buttonmaker/

Opera Button Icon List

http://home.wanadoo.nl/sipke.reina/opera/images.html

Opera Buttons pre-made

http://operawiki.info/CustomButtons

Opera Toggle MenuBar

http://my.opera.com/Tamil/blog/toggle-remove-menu-bar

Opera Highlight Text

http://my.opera.com/community/forums/topic.dml?id=244112&t=1250326311&page=1#comment2738678

Opera SpeedDial Tweak

http://my.opera.com/Tamil/blog/how-to-add-more-speed-dials-in-opera

My theme was habr_2.0.1, which I loved

Downloading:

I read the following in This Post and followed your instructions:

You got those poor results because you were using Opera with the default settings. If you want Opera to download 4X faster then go into tools> preferences> advanced> network then reset Max connections to server and Max total connections from their default setting of 8 and 20 respectively to as high as 128 each and then watch Opera fly on that 10MBps Modem of yours. BTW who is your ISP

As I mentioned I didn't end up waiting for Opera and Chrome to finish downloading as they were so far behind FireFox (with DownThemAll) the resulting time was a mute point anyway.

I should add that FireFox without DownThemAll is quite dismal also.

I do remember this from a while back.

I was cruising in Opera when I remembered to check Give Away Of The Day, it was Paragon Drive Backup and I thought I should download and install it before the time ran out but I only had less than one hour.

I started the download in Opera (with your settings tweak) and cruised on.

After a while I checked to find it crawling along and less than 10% (I use a public wifi and have no control over it)

I launched FireFox and started downloading Paragon, when FireFox was finished Opera was still at 18% (no typo)

You are right, the huge range of add-ons is the big bonus of FireFox and when Opera can compete on that level I would love to test drive it again.

For the moment I have un-installed Opera (I am pretty much a minimalist) but will keep watching it's progress through the forums etc

I am quite sure one day it will be my default browser :-D

All the best, woz of oz

After a while I checked to find it crawling along and less than 10% (I use a public wifi and have no control over it)

I launched FireFox and started downloading Paragon, when FireFox was finished Opera was still at 18% (no typo)

Thanks for the explanation I was wondering why Opera Downloaded so poorly for you and it could be due to your inconsistent Wi-Fi connection because I took your suggestion and added DownThemAll to my Firefox 3.5.2 browser and then did identical 77 MB downloads with both it and my Opera 10 Beta 3* browser and Opera narrowly edged out Firefox 3.5.2 with DTA with a 6 second faster download using my Ethernet wired modem. I knew the DTA was in effect because without it Firefox would have taken at least 60 seconds longer on its own.

One of the features new in Opera 10 that just might of be of great use to you since you use the unpredictable bandwidth of Wi-Fi is the Opera Turbo feature which uses their unique server side compression to speed up downloads from 2X to as much as 8X...

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr44/Maxxwire_Photos/Album%202/opera-turbo.png

I tested out the new Opera Turbo feature on a public Wi-Fi network using an Acer Desktop computer and it turned its sluggish 4 minute download of a test file using its Firefox browser into a 35 second download of the identical test file with Opera's unique server side compression technology using Opera 10 Beta 2 from my USB Flash Drive!

~Maxx~

* I have been running Opera 10 since Opera 10 Alpha was released last June and it has not given me a single problem although I do run it virtualized in a sandbox for maximum security reasons.

different browsers around the forums, I decided to try Opera and Chrome.

how about give the bird a try for me seems you gents are into this

like to know --why well its one i use a lot.for me its very Fast ..

i am very impressed with the nice pasting ,how the heck you get this on a forum ??? posting-i never have now i understand what max was wanting!!

See i dont know every thing....

i am very impressed with the nice pasting ,how the heck you get this on a forum ??? posting-i never have now i understand what max was wanting!!

When you click Post Reply you will find a few text editors and link etc tools on the top bar of the reply box.

Also, if you were to click on the Quote button at the bottom of post #13 by Maxxwire then you will be presented with his post within [noparse]

[/noparse]

You will then see that Maxxwire has 'hosted' the image at PhotoBucket, this image will only be available if you have access to PhotoBucket, a lot of people who are at work don't :roll:

You can also just copy the text off the page and paste it like this [noparse]

Quoted text here
[/noparse] or this [noparse]
Quoted text here
[/noparse]

This is what I mainly do because I tend to write my replies in NotePad (Jarte actually) and then copy/paste to the reply box when done.

This is a habit I got into before I owned my NetBook, at that time I was using a Palm TX to do all my internet cruising and posting replies at forums or I was using computers at internet cafes. An "unable to connect" (quite likely) and all my work was lost. Now it's all saved to DeskTop until it is on the forum page :grin:

You can read all about different posting techniques by clicking on FAQ then selecting Reading and Posting Messages which will take you to:

http://forums.iobit.com/faq.php?faq=vb_faq#faq_vb_read_and_post

And a full list of vBulletin codes is @

http://forums.iobit.com/misc.php?do=bbcode

All the best, woz of oz

Firefox has been my default browser for quite a while. I have had to keep Internet Explorer in order to interact with sites that do not support FF though. I have been pleasantly surprised with the latest editions of IE. It is much more fully featured and faster. FF, on the other hand, has seemingly become slower with the 3.5.2 version that I currently run. I have tried Opera, Safari, and Chrome. For one reason or another they have not held my interest.

haha Yeah XD

oryxer~ add Google Chrome!

Magic[Hunter]- Laughable indeed! The fact that Google Chrome was not included in the poll, but Internet Explorer 9 was is a direct reflection both on the integrity and knowledge of currently used browsers of the person who started this thread.

~Maxx~

Opera 10, although still in beta, is the fastest for what I am doing on the internet.

Tried Safari, which I uninstalled after about 5 minutes of use - I just didn't like the "feel" of it. Same with FF.

IE8 is better than 5/6/7 (which you should expect) and only use it for the rare websites Opera has got a few problems with. (mainly menu handling).

The best feature about Opera is, it can be 100% customized. Wuttons and toolbars where I want them, how big I want them, with what I want them to show. Can't beat that. The turbo feature is really nice, also.

Add-ons? There's widgets, although FF seems to have the domain on add-ons and rarely somebody wants to stray from their set ways and favorite browsers. I am one of them. ;-)

edit: Opera RC now available

• 5 months later...

Archived