IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

MV RegClean

Ted

Ted- It looks like MV RegClean is doing its job and digging deep!

Gabest Media Player Classic Description

"It is an illegal advertising application that secretly works in background and shows undesirable commercial information. Gabest Media Player Classic shows advertisements in numerous pop-ups, web browser windows or toolbars. It can get into the computer from unsafe web sites. Some ad-supported softwares include it as a component. Gabest Media Player Classic doesn't possess any serious threat to the computer security, but may severely violate user privacy."

This kind of spyware can prove to be very persistent. Here is a link to instructions on how to manually remove Gabest from the registry if for some reason you should need them, but you shouldn't because MV RegClean is showing results for Gabest and it will completely remove all of its instances from your computer's registry.

~Maxx~

Looking further into it, it seems that the person "Gabest" originally created the Media Player Classic.

Since then, it has been relicensed to be free and under the GNU General Public License.

I use MPC and the only entries regarding Gabest are for AC3 sound decoding, none of the advertising pop-ups, etc. mentioned on various websites. (Never had a pop-up opened by MPC)

I guess it depends if you are using an old version of MPC, or not?

Hi Ted

danburrito and Maxxwire,

Thanks for the information.

I've just run ASC 3, CCleaner and Eusing, then did another scan with MV RegClean and it found nothing this time. All clean now.

Hi Ted. Don't See Regseeker mention. Did you give in to the 370 it found? (LOL) Live well my friend.[Gary}

Aside:

After reading about the Report on Reg Cleaners by Macecraft I decided to try the v16 PowerTools Lite and see what it had to say.

First I did my usual weekly Clean & TuneUp which starts with Advanced System Care (free) and also includes MV-RegClean.

After that was done I installed PowerTools Lite and ran it.

The scan results were:

System: 100 out of 100

Registry: 100 out of 100

Perfect :mrgreen:

Even the 'competition' couldn't fault this combination ;-)

All the best, woz of oz

Aside:

After reading about the Report on Reg Cleaners by Macecraft I decided to try the v16 PowerTools Lite and see what it had to say.

First I did my usual weekly Clean & TuneUp which starts with Advanced System Care (free) and also includes MV-RegClean.

After that was done I installed PowerTools Lite and ran it.

The scan results were:

System: 100 out of 100

Registry: 100 out of 100

Perfect :mrgreen:

Even the 'competition' couldn't fault this combination ;-)

All the best, woz of oz

Look like this?????

Yep, congratulations :-D

In my post it should have read PC Health and Registry Health 100% but I was working from memory.

My memory, which is a bit old and can't be updated, cleaned, enlarged, fixed or whatever as easily as computer memory :wink:

Sorry, what was the question ??? :???: :mrgreen:

All the best, woz of oz

mv-regclean

Warning

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In order not to compromise your security, this page will not be accessed.

The requested URL has been identified as a potentially dangerous website.

In order not to compromise your security, the access to this page has been blocked.

For more information why this page has been blocked, please click here.

You can find a description how to bypass the blocking for this page here.

(only in German and English).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Requested URL: http://www.brothersoft.com/mv-regclean-61334.html

Category/categories: Malware

forn Avira AntiVir

listertatuhack- I just got done downloading MV RegClean 5.9 from the Brothersoft site and then immediately scanned it with both IObit Security 360 and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware followed by comparing it against the 5.8 Million signatures in the Comodo Antivirus Database and there was no detection of any malware in the program whatsoever. Even the ultra-sensitive Comodo Proactive Defense+ Hostbased Intrusion Prevention System scan determined that the Brothersoft MV RegClean 5.9 download was perfectly clean.

If your Avira computer security has the Brothersoft site blocked for some reason no one could blame you for not wanting to download from there, but you can always download the amazingly effective MV RegClean 5.9 from any one of scores of other alternative sites including Softpedia...

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/Registry-Tweak/MV-RegClean.shtml

~Maxx~

Archived