IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Totally confused

garybear

I'm totally confused(which happens all the time)!!About this program360. I read how to use 360 and I still I don't know how to tell when its on and working or when its off and not working. In the options it said my preference to tick minimize to tray or not to tick. If I tick to minimize I get an icon in my tray. If I don't tick minimize to tray no icon,so does that mean its not working if its not in my tray? That is probably a stupid question but I'm asking any way. Thanks. {garybear}

HI

hope I undertstood well (English is not my native language)

IS 360 installs a service which is always running even if "minimize to icon" is uniticked.

Of course even if icon is not shown, IS 360 is protecting you , I assume.

You may notice by yourself just adding some trusted software in autostart (Like Winpatrol free for example)

Hi leofelix

HI

hope I undertstood well (English is not my native language)

IS 360 installs a service which is always running even if "minimize to icon" is uniticked.

Of course even if icon is not shown, IS 360 is protecting you , I assume.

You may notice by yourself just adding some trusted software in autostart (Like Winpatrol free for example)

Hi leofelix. Thank you for your post. You said you assume its protecting me even if icon is not shown in tray but are you sure of that? My screen print shows that a part of 360 is not running and I don't know what that is telling me. I want all of 360 to run and protect my PC. If I need to tick minimize to tray to be protected, that's what I will do. Thank you again for your post and your English is just fine.

Hi leofelix. Thank you for your post. You said you assume its protecting me even if icon is not shown in tray but are you sure of that? My screen print shows that a part of 360 is not running and I don't know what that is telling me. I want all of 360 to run and protect my PC. If I need to tick minimize to tray to be protected, that's what I will do. Thank you again for your post and your English is just fine.

Hi garybear,

thank you (I haven't been practising english for 20 years at least):-D

I'm not sure,

I use IS 360 RC free (but differences are minimal)

I've just disabled both "icon in notification area" and start up with windows (but real time protection and DOG are enabled), so I'm going to download and attempt to install some misleading application in order to check.

I'l make you know my results within a while

cheers

Hi all

I downloaded a known misleading application (ScanSpyware), I previously disabled icon in notification area of Iobit 360 RC (But DOG protection and real rime module should be ON)

I enabled RETURNIL premium and installed that scareware.

Sadly I have to say that IoBit Security 360 real time protection didn't warn me.

Only Agnitum OutPost firewall 2009 asked me if I wanted to allow some critical registry and system area modification and to permit Rogue/ScanSpyware to connect to a remote server.

I think we should report this issue to IOBit staff and analysts.

Unfortunately I haven't saved any screenshot ; I had to turn off RETURNIL and reboot, it was a pain

Always wondered what the service IS360srv.exe is for... have asked before and haven't received an answer. Any ideas? Is it real time detection or not? Is it necessary at all?

well

the most of security softwares load a service at startup (for instance MalwareBytes' Antimalware loads mbamswissarmy.sys)

But if you disable real time protection module, or you use a free version without real time protection, you are not protected, of course.

I think this services are something like a self protection module.

Lavasoft ad-aware needs an unnecessary service at startup, but only to allow users to buy a PRO or PLUS version (I betatested ad-aware 2007 and 2008 and many other security softwares)

In this case, only icon in notification area of IOBit 360 was not shown.

I hope you can understand what I mean

Hi all

I downloaded a known misleading application (ScanSpyware), I previously disabled icon in notification area of Iobit 360 RC (But DOG protection and real rime module should be ON)

I enabled RETURNIL premium and installed that scareware.

Sadly I have to say that IoBit Security 360 real time protection didn't warn me.

Only Agnitum OutPost firewall 2009 asked me if I wanted to allow some critical registry and system area modification and to permit Rogue/ScanSpyware to connect to a remote server.

I think we should report this issue to IOBit staff and analysts.

Unfortunately I haven't saved any screenshot ; I had to turn off RETURNIL and reboot, it was a pain

I"m very sorry that you had problems leofelix. Thank you for trying to help. I hope you get every thing back like you want it.{garybear}

I"m very sorry that you had problems leofelix. Thank you for trying to help. I hope you get every thing back like you want it.{garybear}

Very kind of you,

do not worry:)

My PC is quite safe thanks to RETURNIL and however I can restore a system image file whenever I want;)

I hope to be able to perform some deep tests, but I'd like to know what IOBit analysts think before proceeding.

have a nice day! (or evening, in Italy is 10.02 p.m now)

I'm totally confused(which happens all the time)!!About this program360. I read how to use 360 and I still I don't know how to tell when its on and working or when its off and not working. In the options it said my preference to tick minimize to tray or not to tick. If I tick to minimize I get an icon in my tray. If I don't tick minimize to tray no icon,so does that mean its not working if its not in my tray? That is probably a stupid question but I'm asking any way. Thanks. {garybear}

Simply change you settings and you wouln't have that problem any more:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v190/bob3160/IObit360Settings.png

Your welcome. Glad I could help. :)

HI bob. The way I see all of this is. Choosing not to tick minimize program to the tray is not a good idea. My way of thinking is this should be explained that when 360 is not in your tray, you are not protected. Dummies like me don't know these things and it needs to be explained. That's my opinion and just like axx hxxxx everyone has one (LOL). Thanks for your post my friend.

Archived