IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Vista User Account Control Notice

Davy49

Hello All,

All of a sudden, since updating to the latest version of IObit Security 360, I'm now receiving a popup notice when I start my computer that asks me if I wish this program to continue. I never used to receive that notice, has anyone else starting seeing the same thing while using ms vista ?

Thanks,

David :???:

Hi Davy

Are you running it in administrator mode?

Cheers

solbjerg

Hello All,

All of a sudden, since updating to the latest version of IObit Security 360, I'm now receiving a popup notice when I start my computer that asks me if I wish this program to continue. I never used to receive that notice, has anyone else starting seeing the same thing while using ms vista ?

Thanks,

Hi Davy,

Maybe you can try this way:

Click Start->Control Panel->System and Maintenance->Administrative Tools->Service->Find the item "IS360service"->double click "IS360service"->it will pop up a window "IS360service Properties". And then make sure the Startup type is Automatic.

Dear cicely,

You suggested: " Maybe you can try this way:

Click Start->Control Panel->System and Maintenance->Administrative Tools->Service->Find the item "IS360service"->double click "IS360service"->it will pop up a window "IS360service Properties". And then make sure the Startup type is Automatic." I checked that area, it's already set like that..I know on the previous version of IO Security360, I didn't receive that prompt..something has changed.

Thanks,

David

Hello Davy,

Maybe you enabled UAC right before you install the new IObit Security 360? @@

Try this and see if it works:

1) Open Control Panel

2) User Accounts and Family Safety (or clicking User Accounts, if you are connected to a network domain), and then clicking User Accounts

3) Click Turn User Account Control on or off. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation

4) Select the Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your computer check box to turn on UAC, or clear the check box to turn off UAC, and then click OK

The Path might be a little different

Cheers.

Dear cicely,

You suggested: " Maybe you can try this way:

Click Start->Control Panel->System and Maintenance->Administrative Tools->Service->Find the item "IS360service"->double click "IS360service"->it will pop up a window "IS360service Properties". And then make sure the Startup type is Automatic." I checked that area, it's already set like that..I know on the previous version of IO Security360, I didn't receive that prompt..something has changed.

Thanks,

David

Hi David :smile:

Although I have not had this experience with Security 360, your post reminded me of a situation I had recently, so for what it's worth I will relate my 'fix' here.

I had to go to Administrative Tools > Services last week to try and fix a 'problem' and, like you, found the setting was already in the correct position (Automatic) but since I knew something was wrong I decided to set it again.

I double-clicked the Service and Stopped it then changed it from Automatic to Manual, then clicked Apply and Ok

I then double-clicked the Service again and changed it back from Manual to Automatic, then Started it, then clicked Apply and Ok

In my case, this fixed the problem.

On thinking back I am quite sure that this 'problem' had occurred when I tested some new software which guaranteed it could "stabilize and speed up my computer"

It seems this software changed this setting when I had selected "speed up your StartUp time" (probably to Manual or Disabled)

I decided I didn't like the software (too aggressive and hung around all the time) so I un-installed it (Revo Uninstaller) and cleaned up.

My guess (and it's only a guess) is that although the setting was returned to Automatic (which is Default) on the page it needed to be enabled using the above procedure to write the setting change to the Registry.

Can't hurt to give it a try :-D

All the best, woz of oz

Hi Davy,

Yeah, UAC helps you protect your computer from harms, so i guess it's a good idea to keep it on.

In this case, if you still haven't have it fix after trying wozofoz's suggestions~ you have a few options

1) Make sure you have the program running as Administrator

- Right click on "is360.exe" > "Properties"

- In the "Compatibility" tab, check "Run this program as an administrator"

Image:

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2032&d=1255331254

2) Use Norton UAC Tool (100% Free)

It replaces the Vista UAC

http://www.symantec.com/norton/theme.jsp?themeid=labs_home&header=0&depthpath=0

Please look here for more info: http://www.symantec.com/norton/theme.jsp?themeid=labs_uac&header=0&depthpath=0

3) Run the program as a scheduled task

Click on Administrative Tools->Task Scheduler Expand the folders in the left hand pane (Task Scheduler Library). To add a new folder, highlight a folder (example Windows) and click on Actions->New Folder and give it a name.

In the right hand pane or in Actions, click on Create Basic Task (if you are an advanced user you may click on Create Task, which offers considerably more control over the task).

In the dialog box, enter a name and description, if you want a reminder, and click Next Enter a trigger, in the case of startup click the radio button 'when the computer starts' and click Next Click the radio button 'start a program' and click Next. Enter the full path name of the program or browse to find the .exe file, click on it and click Next.

TIP: If you want to enter an argument and don't know what it might be, right click on the program desktop shortcut and select 'Properties'. The argument will be shown in the 'target' block.

The final screen will show the details of the task. Click on finish and you are done.

Cheers.

Hi All,

This morning, I took the advice from several of you, first..I went into the properties section of IObit Security 360 and checked the box to run this program as administrator, then I also went into the services area and first changed the program to manual then back to automatic, hopefully this will correct my little issue. Who knows..maybe the other software that I use from IObit ( Advanced System Care ) created this problem without my knowing it. Thanks for ALL the help !!! Have a GREAT week !!

David :-)

Hi All,

This morning when I booted up my laptop that has ms windows vista home premium sp2 installed on it, at least for a few seconds I thought my little issue had been corrected, but I was wrong. I had done the suggestions that were given to me here in this forum, with the exception of turning off the uac process and turning it back on ( but I will do so ), and setting up a scheduled task. As I remember..when I booted up a different computer yesterday morning that has the very same software on it, I don't think I received that notice, this is indeed getting interesting to say the least, I truly am VERY GRATEFUL FOR ALL OF YOUR SUGGESTIONS ON THIS MATTER !!

Thanks,

Hi All,

Just a quick update...I did in fact disable the user account control service on the computer I'm typing this message on, and of course that stopped the popup notice I was receiving about IObit Security, however as other user's of this forum have stated :

" Hi Davy,

Yeah, UAC helps you protect your computer from harms, so i guess it's a good idea to keep it on. "

I have mixed feelings at this moment about having the uac feature turned off, I guess it might be worse if I didn't have additional security software enabled.

David

Hi David

Isn't UAC in Vista just for limiting other users from accessing vital files?

And if you are the only one using the machine it oughn't to matter at all in that situation?

Cheers

solbjerg

P.s. UAC → User Account Control or Universal Access Control

So which one is it?

Hi All,

Just a quick update...I did in fact disable the user account control service on the computer I'm typing this message on, and of course that stopped the popup notice I was receiving about IObit Security, however as other user's of this forum have stated :

" Hi Davy,

Yeah, UAC helps you protect your computer from harms, so i guess it's a good idea to keep it on. "

I have mixed feelings at this moment about having the uac feature turned off, I guess it might be worse if I didn't have additional security software enabled.

David

Vista User Account Control popup

I also have the same problem. History...I originally installed the IS360 Free at the beginning of September. It ran fine and at each startup it displayed a screen advising that updates were available which I always answered to download now. Around the beginning of October, I no longer got the message at each startup and noticed that the updates were no longer being downloaded. When I tried to update, I got the message that a new version of is360 free was available and so I immediately downloaded and installed it on Oct 5. Since the new version was installed, the updates apparently are being downloaded in the background and I no longer get the updates available screen. The last update date is always close to/or current.

Since the install though, every time I start up the computer I get the UAC popup saying that is360srv.exe needs my permission to continue. I click on Continue and the program starts and runs normally.

I've tried all of the suggestions in this forum and have also tried changing permissions, etc., but nothing stops the UAC popup for is360srv.exe at startup.

I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium on an Acer Aspire 5610-4182, Intel Core Duo T2450 (2.0Ghz, 533 MHz FSB, 2MB L2 cache) 2GB DDR2, 160GB HDD.

Although this is more of a pain than a problem, any help or suggestion would be appreciated. I'm only a user, not an expert by any means!

10/17/2009 - After automatically receiving Windows Vista updates and installing them, I noticed that when the update did a restart to finish the update, I did not get the UAC popup for is360srv.exe and I thought the problem was solved. Later I did a shutdown and after a couple of hours turned the computer on again. Sadly the popup was back again. After shutting it down for the night I kept thinking about what the problem could be and the next morning I was wondering to myself, could it be that the is360srv.exe was starting out of some sequence?? Not knowing how or what the sequence of starting this service is, I turnied the computer on again. The popup appeared again, but this time I didn't click the Continue button. After about a minute or so, the popup went away and everything else appeared normal. I then checked Services and is360srv.exe was running and had been started automatically!!

Can anyone explain this and is there a way to change the sequence of when a service starts?? Thanks.

Hi All,

solbjerg said:

Hi David

Isn't UAC in Vista just for limiting other users from accessing vital files?

And if you are the only one using the machine it oughn't to matter at all in that situation?

Cheers

solbjerg

P.s. UAC → User Account Control or Universal Access Control

So which one is it?

It is in fact User Account Control, and like you said, since I'm the only person that uses the computer I guess it really doesn't matter. I think since the latest version has been released, something changed in it.

David

Davy49- User Account Control in Vista detects and protects from malicious Malware running and infecting your computer. There is the Norton UAC Tool program which will remember your choices and eliminate the repetitive prompts of UAC, but Norton will collect data from your computer about the programs you run. There is also a program called Smart UAC Replacement which is run by a shady character in Azerbijan who has been banned by several Host Services for running Malware sites.

The only effective replacement for UAC that actually increases your level of protection by a significant margin is a Hostbased Intrusion Prevention System the acronym for which HIPS.

I have used the HIPS component in the Firewall of Comodo Internet Security freeware called Defense+ to replace Vista UAC. Here is a short description taken from the Comodo website of how a HIPS program can safely replace UAC while upgrading your level of security...

You can safely disable UAC. CIS is UAC on steroids as it checks more parameters. So it is safer. It also can remember decisions so it won't bug you time and time again. Another important difference is that CIS only babysits program behaviour. UAC also babysits the user's behaviour.

Comodo HIPS is extremely effective and much more comprehensive than UAC and is a vital component in the only security software program to score a perfect 100% in the latest Matousec Proactive Security Challenge. Of course you don't have to run Comodo, but if you want to disable UAC it is very important that you replace it with a competent security program that uses HIPS.

~Maxx~

Dear Maxxwire,

I went to the comodo website to read about the defense+ uac replacement you mentioned in your post, there's an interesting post about it in the comodo forums here: https://forums.comodo.com/defense_help/an_approach_for_configuring_defense_for_many_fewer_alerts-t36657.0.html

After reading this post, it sounds like you have to do some configuring of the software to 'tweak' it to operate like you mentioned. I think microsoft should have provided the same option so their uac could be 'tweaked' also.

enoskype said: " Please check the ownership of IS executables under Security tab of the properties of the files." I did so, and since I've checked the box that's labeled, run this program as administrator..it shows I have full control. I really don't want to keep adding additional software to 'fix' a issue that microsoft goofed up on. I'm going to receive the free upgrade to windows 7 when it becomes available, and from all the reading I've been doing about it, it sounds like ms modified uac in that version. Please see this from microsoft: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/975787

By the way..do I really NEED the ms user account control enabled in vista since I have IObit Security enabled with most of the additional features of it enabled, also I have additional software installed ( malwarebytes anti-malware ), also I have microsoft security essentials installed.

Thanks,

David :smile:

Hello All,

For those of you who might need a 'fix' to the little issue of the somewhat annoying popups caused by ms windows vista user account control, I found a little piece of software that......so far corrects the problem I was having. And of course I like to share, so if you are interested..here's the link to it:

http://www.tweak-uac.com/home/

Enjoy !

David :smile:

Archived