IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Lost HDs

Hey

Ran SmartDefrag last night.

3 partitions of my disk is gone, not visible in Windows Explorer and can't be reached.

The defrag of C:\ was finished -and the other partitions gone.

This is work disks that I need every day so this is extremely important since I do web development for my company and customers -sharp business which should be trusted.

What has happened? What to do?

Thanks a million for help.

/Adbuster

Hi adbuster

Did something happen during the defrag - loss of power?

Or was the defragmenting aborted during its run?

What does a chkdsk say?

Can you get back to a previous setup through Windows System Restore?

Perhaps someone in the forum has better ideas.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hey

Ran SmartDefrag last night.

3 partitions of my disk is gone, not visible in Windows Explorer and can't be reached.

The defrag of C:\ was finished -and the other partitions gone.

This is work disks that I need every day so this is extremely important since I do web development for my company and customers -sharp business which should be trusted.

What has happened? What to do?

Thanks a million for help.

/Adbuster

Resolved

THANK YOU -el grandioso Maffiosos

'Problem' resolved.

The main problem was my brain going nuts when the 'problem' arised: it was desperate thinking about problems instead of possibilities and solutions.

I woke up this morning. A good morning.

Solbjerg

I understand your questions about aborting and power loss: the software have determinate the disks 'not affected during the active defrag'... so when checking these other disks -they were just inactivated by the system during defrag on C:\.

And true -tyhe defrag was interrupted by some virus update.

Restarted this morning -disks back in former state.

I TRUST THE SOFTWARE -and think that it was really EFFECTIVE AND SMART.

Thanks a million -both of you.

/adbuster

Hi adbuster

Glad to hear it solved itself :-)

And thank you for your feedback!!

Once again goes to show that automatic functions isn't always beneficial

:-)

Cheers

solbjerg

THANK YOU -el grandioso Maffiosos

'Problem' resolved.

The main problem was my brain going nuts when the 'problem' arised: it was desperate thinking about problems instead of possibilities and solutions.

I woke up this morning. A good morning.

Solbjerg

I understand your questions about aborting and power loss: the software have determinate the disks 'not affected during the active defrag'... so when checking these other disks -they were just inactivated by the system during defrag on C:\.

And true -tyhe defrag was interrupted by some virus update.

Restarted this morning -disks back in former state.

I TRUST THE SOFTWARE -and think that it was really EFFECTIVE AND SMART.

Thanks a million -both of you.

/adbuster

Hi

Hi adbuster

Glad to hear it solved itself :-)

And thank you for your feedback!!

Once again goes to show that automatic functions isn't always beneficial

:-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi solbjerg. I have solved so many problems I thought I had by simply rebooting. Its the first thing I do when I have a problem. I'm having to reboot to get to my emails at this moment. This is some thing new for me. Do you have any suggestions. Not a big problem ,just annoying. It just started a few days ago. Can't find answer on the net.---gary

Hi gary

Could you please describe the problem a little more in detail?

Do you have any idea as to why it happened?

Have you tried the chkdsk options? Repair of the program option? Startup option? services.msc in run option?

Have you done a clean install of ASC recently and forgotten to check the "problems" in System Optimization?

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi solbjerg. I have solved so many problems I thought I had by simply rebooting. Its the first thing I do when I have a problem. I'm having to reboot to get to my emails at this moment. This is some thing new for me. Do you have any suggestions. Not a big problem ,just annoying. It just started a few days ago. Can't find answer on the net.---gary

Hi friend

Hi gary

Could you please describe the problem a little more in detail?

Do you have any idea as to why it happened?

Have you tried the chkdsk options? Repair of the program option? Startup option? services.msc in run option?

Have you done a clean install of ASC recently and forgotten to check the "problems" in System Optimization?

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi friend. I'm using Outlook Express for email. I just called my server and they told me to reinstall Internet Explorer. I just did that and will see what happens. They said it was probably running in the back ground was why I couldn't see the emails. I will see if it still happens again latter. I think I'll check what my cleaners are removing a little closer also before I let them repair them. Thanks for your post friend.---gary PS Every thing is good at the moment.

Hi gary

All fairly quiet on the easten front :-) (in the forum that is)

Glad to hear all is going well. Interesting about the farm - must be around 1.5 Km², mine is only 7 ha (70000 m²) - and the windmills - hope the deal goes through!

In the new Internet Explorer I think they use Windows Mail - a little different from Outlook Express - which I have used for many years.

Good luck!!

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi friend. I'm using Outlook Express for email. I just called my server and they told me to reinstall Internet Explorer. I just did that and will see what happens. They said it was probably running in the back ground was why I couldn't see the emails. I will see if it still happens again latter. I think I'll check what my cleaners are removing a little closer also before I let them repair them. Thanks for your post friend.---gary PS Every thing is good at the moment.

Archived