IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Argus

solbjerg

Argus is a new spammer detection system, developed by enoskype, samr and myself.

It is able to detect spammers even while they are creating their forum account and banning them instantly.

It is not fully refined yet, but we will get there!

(Argus: from Greek Mythology. A giant with 100 eyes who was made guardian of Io and was later slain by Hermes.)

Today mostly used to denote an all-seeing eye.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi

Argus is a new spammer detection system, developed by enoskype, samr and myself.

It is able to detect spammers even while they are creating their forum account and banning them instantly.

It is not fully refined yet, but we will get there!

(Argus: from Greek Mythology. A giant with 100 eyes who was made guardian of Io and was later slain by Hermes.)

Today mostly used to denote an all-seeing eye.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi my friend. Now that is funny.:smile::smile:

Sexy spammer is not sexy

Thanks wozofoz, we will let you know, but sexyl3angel32 has tested it and confirmed that it is already working.:-P

Cheers.

Good news :smile:

That sexy spammer is relentless, I have reported so many variations of sexy something over the past few weeks :evil:

Sexy spammer is very pushy and that is definitely not sexy

All the best, woz of oz

Hi sunny and wozofoz

Good advice!

The detection works first on the name.

(most spammers are really stupid and this is often seen in choice of name)

Suspicious names are kept under surveillance and banned when attempting to spam.

But it also works on location and prior banning

(it is in these instances that they are often caught just when they are setting up their forum user account)

There are other parameters but we won't divulge those for security reasons.

Cheers

solbjerg

you could be banned in error now, banished for ever, just a memory on iobit.

sent to the spammer sin bin for ever by the three guardians of the forum.

are you still sure you want to test it.

I'm just waiting to be banned!!

Hi Originally Posted by sunny staines View Post

"you could be banned in error now, banished for ever, just a memory on iobit.

sent to the spammer sin bin for ever by the three guardians of the forum.

are you still sure you want to test it." I'm just waiting to be banned. Not for spamming, but for my sxxxx attitude. I have been holding my farts in and they went to my brain and now I have sxxxx ideas. Just ask my good friends on the forum.:grin:

I have been holding my farts in and they went to my brain and now I have sxxxx ideas. Just ask my good friends on the forum.:grin:

garybear- I think that you are safe in that I doubt that "other parameters" that solbjerg was referring to in the spammer detection system include thought scanning.:roll:

~Maxx~

Hi Maxx

We haven't detected a whiff about gary of course :-)

He is absolutely clean :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

garybear- I think that you are safe in that I doubt that "other parameters" that solbjerg was referring to in the spammer detection system include thought scanning.:roll:

~Maxx~

solbjerg- One of the Forums that I Moderate on has a program that we simply call 'The Spaminator' which works great in detecting spammers who are for the most part posting long lists of goods they have for sale. The Moderators have a code to get in to check on what The Spaminator has detected and it is so amazingly accurate that all of the posts marked as spam always check out and then can be manually deleted by the Moderator.

~Maxx~

Hi wozofoz

Yes according to ARGUS he now has exceeded 46 aliases in this forum.

He will soon be found and we can post his name and address and e-mail adresses on the forum for all to see. Additionally he will be placed in the list over spammers that are currently being collected all over the world for possible legal action depending upon the laws in his country.

Which country - is already known.

Cheers

solbjerg

Good news :smile:

That sexy spammer is relentless, I have reported so many variations of sexy something over the past few weeks :evil:

Sexy spammer is very pushy and that is definitely not sexy

All the best, woz of oz

• 3 weeks later...

Argus works!

I've seen it in action!! On a few occasions!

Have you guys made sure it wont accidentally block innocents??

I think I know how you're doing this(in theory), but don't want to say on open post. Anybody can still see all posts here.

Cudos to the three musketeers!!

Watch the new members that create profiles with instant messaging links that divulge our email addresses... and post no content... I've been seeing a few create their profile... then leave without ever viewing another thread! It takes effort to keep moving back and forth to watch their location.

Archived