IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Clone files

RAD77

Hi, My name is Roy. Using ASC utilities clone checker has found multiple file names with different location listings and all the same file size. The program suggests to me that some of these files are in multiple locations for a reason. Viewing all these I can see there are identicle locations for multiple file names. How can I diagnose what I do and do not need. I am thinking that when windows or programs update files maybe they are not deleting the outdated files.

Hi Roy,

Just a little warning: sometimes the "cloned" files are there for a reason. If you are not absolutely sure don't remove them. Removing the wrong thing could have very bad results! To be honest, I almost wish this tool was not in ASC. Most of these files are not that large and don't have much negative effect on performance. I personally think if you don't know for sure, leave them. Personal opinion- I'll step off the soapbox now:lol:!

P.S.-Welcome!

samr.

I agree

I agree with samr

I would not touch this type of tool (made by anyone) unless I had problems relative to duplicate files and then only when someone more knowledgable than me suggested and explained the use of it :shock:

All the best, woz of oz

Hi detailer

A search found 56 references to "clone"

I did test some aspects of its use:

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=2694&highlight=clone

And the conclusion still is - use it with caution, don't delete any item without checking if that action is what you want, - goes for every item.

But it is a help in finding them. In my opinion the only reason for having the function as an additional tool.

The unwary that uses it without checking can get into very bad trouble.

Cheers

solbjerg

Run from those like a burning building.Though the number seems large,the space is insignificant.Try entering "clone files" in the search utility-you'll see we've kicked that around pretty well in the past....and welcome to the forum :grin:

Archived