IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Gary Bear

itsmejjj

Direct burn to CD.

Ted and Sol,

I have sucessfully burned Macrium image directly to CD/DVD. Takes many discs ((I have 130 gigs(70 of AV & music files alone) that Macrium faithfully stored). Took about 40 mins to burn them all (9 discs for me). They are a good and true image though.

Getting external HD in two weeks. Can't put all my eggs in one basket!! (Thought you'd like that Sol!!)

Peace and prosperity!!!

Hi Mel

Yeah the files that it would really hurt to loose, I think I have around 10 copies of and then maybe three or four on computers of family and friends. Then there are the intermediate - maybe 5 copies, and then those where it only would be a minor irritation if they disappeared I think I have about 5 copies of those too. Not all of the latter updated to current status.

So I feel I am sufficiently covered :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Ted and Sol,

I have sucessfully burned Macrium image directly to CD/DVD. Takes many discs ((I have 130 gigs(70 of AV & music files alone) that Macrium faithfully stored). Took about 40 mins to burn them all (9 discs for me). They are a good and true image though.

Getting external HD in two weeks. Can't put all my eggs in one basket!! (Thought you'd like that Sol!!)

Peace and prosperity!!!

Ok gary

Let's discuss it in the foxhole with enoskype :-)

Could perhaps take our minds off our predicament :-)

Or get us out of the foxhole in a jiffy :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

This is my last post on this subject. Microsoft is not worthy of posts on this forum. Before you install MSE please read all the problems they are having on their forum. I will not try to tell you what to have on your PC. MSE is not for me my friends. I have spent hours on their thread and I think Bill Gates should apologize for this and all his other screw ups.( like Visa). Just like I always do, I get carried away and this subject is over for me. I'm very sorry for your problems Ted.---garybear

Getting external HD in two weeks.

what that set ya back melvin,how large is the drive?jjj

Having an external hard drive is great! I haven't used the hard drive on my computer for anything more than installing programs on for years. Even the programs that I download go straight to my 1.5 TB Seagate external drive which also has all of my pictures, movies, master file, and of course 45 GB of Macruim Reflect backups. I also have this drive backed up on a 1 TB Western Digital external drive and then a third backup of my movies and pictures on a 250 GB WD drive.

~Maxx~

Hi maxx

I gave my girlfriend an external hard drive for Christmas last year (500 GB)

the cost less than 1 Danish crown per GB, 1 crown =~20 cents

Would not be surprised by a drop in prices to less than 15 cents per GB now for up to 500 GB, the tera bytes drives are still a bit more expensive relatively than that here I think.

I have a macrium image from my laptop on my girlfriend's external drive..

But as I have 3 physical hard drives on my desk computer I do not feel a great need to buy an external hard drive myself yet. But I probably will soon anyway. :-)

It is fairly easy to change which one should be the slave and the master drive, so I have just let that slide.

Cheers

solbjerg

Having an external hard drive is great! I haven't used the hard drive on my computer for anything more than installing programs on for years. Even the programs that I download go straight to my 1.5 TB Seagate external drive which also has all of my pictures, movies, master file, and of course 45 GB of Macruim Reflect backups. I also have this drive backed up on a 1 TB Western Digital external drive and then a third backup of my movies and pictures on a 250 GB WD drive.

~Maxx~

Archived