IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Gary Bear

itsmejjj

yes but this was not avalble to us ,and the ms refused to download.so i hunted around to find to be able to download it ,there are 3 types of this defender,xp,vista,win7 --gary and i discussed this ,before ,as he had the program on his system.now i have it! and updated,

that i am happy about..

once i got hold of the install application downloaded.and ran it .every thing went fine..

i do like.its not over cooked.i have to say its the only one i started to use..normally i do not use any..as most are pure rubbish -and false ,scanning

i toyed around, one or 2 now and then .ripping my system apart ,one even toyed to rid my proxomotron! saying it was as virus,i have used it 11 years !

but it(MS) found 1 -not bad for 8 mounts use of win7 with never scanned for viruses...last pic as shown .

when i state never i mean allow any to remove or interfere!

i have tested a few -but like i say ,do not trust any of there over cooked ,results,to interfere.

now i like this one i be leave being neutral -and a genuine scanner.

Hi jjj

yes but this was not avalble to us ,and the ms refused to download.so i hunted around to find to be able to download it ,there are 3 types of this defender,xp,vista,win7 --gary and i discussed this ,before ,as he had the program on his system.now i have it! and updated,

that i am happy about..

once i got hold of the install application downloaded.and ran it .every thing went fine..

i do like.its not over cooked.i have to say its the only one i started to use..normally i do not use any..as most are pure rubbish -and false ,scanning

i toyed around, one or 2 now and then .ripping my system apart ,one even toyed to rid my proxomotron! saying it was as virus,i have used it 11 years !

but it(MS) found 1 -not bad for 8 mounts use of win7 with never scanned for viruses...last pic as shown .

when i state never i mean allow any to remove or interfere!

i have tested a few -but like i say ,do not trust any of there over cooked ,results,to interfere.

now i like this one i be leave being neutral -and a genuine scanner.

Hi my good friend. Looks like you have the right one. I think you will like it. The price is right. No logs. No frills. MSE just gets the job done. I've been on the MSE forum and they say do not run MSE with another real time protection program, which I believe IObit 360 is. My PC went squirmy and I had to remove IObit 360 for now. I'm hoping to add IObit 360 back in the future. Yes enoskype is right. I run XP3 which may act entirely different than Windows7. How are you and Macrium getting along??? MSE is getting some great reviews. Live well and long my friend.

Hi, All,

Wow... This programme stuffed me up properly today!

I installed and updated it and while it was updating the huge database, the GUI started flashing. I put up with this for a while, then stopped proceedings. Okay, after dinner I started up my PC and Avast announced about six Trojans, All my IObit apps for a start and a couple of others which I sent to the Virus chest. Then I discovered ASC 3 and a few other programmes wouldn't start. I did a System Restore which removed Microsoft Security Essentials, but this didn't help much. I did a full scan with SAS which found nothing. I then started getting messages saying rtl70.bpl couldn't be found, so after searching on the 'Net I downloaded a file which replaced the rtl70.bpl file and three other Delphi files. All okay now except that Avast couldn't load it's Skin, so after unchecking the "Enable Skins" in Avast settings I'm away again. Was this a conflict with Avast, I wonder? Probably my PC Tools Firewall.

Avast blew a fuse, fixed now

Hi, All,

I installed and updated it and while it was updating the huge database, the GUI started flashing. I put up with this for a while, then stopped proceedings. Okay, after dinner I started up my PC and Avast announced about six Trojans, All my IObit apps for a start and a couple of others which I sent to the Virus chest. Then I discovered ASC 3 and a few other programmes wouldn't start. I did a System Restore which removed Microsoft Security Essentials, but this didn't help much. I did a full scan with SAS which found nothing. I then started getting messages saying rtl70.bpl couldn't be found, so after searching on the 'Net I downloaded a file which replaced the rtl70.bpl file and three other Delphi files. All okay now except that Avast couldn't load it's Skin, so after unchecking the "Enable Skins" in Avast settings I'm away again. Was this a conflict with Avast, I wonder? Probably my PC Tools Firewall.

There was a bad DataBase update from Avast but it is fixed now

Please read the thread Urgent Issue (Avast False Positive) and all will be revealed :smile:

All the best, woz of oz

Hi, All,

Hi Ted . Sorry my friend. Microsoft Security Essentials does not play nice with another virus program. I tried to tell everyone here not to have two real time virus programs running at the same time. I'm glad you got it all back. Why didn't you just use Macrium instead of doing all that?? MSE is also gone from my PC. I think it stopped me from creating a image with Macrium. Microsoft is doing what they do well screw everyone they can . I;m sending this thread to their forum.---garybear

This one is for you Ted

Hi friend I feel really bad that MSE caused you all that trouble. I'm sending this to their forum and hope this helps ease the pain MSE caused you. Sorry good friend.--garybear. As my friend solbjerg would say--cuss me out. http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/msestart/thread/eb901244-ed8e-4845-89e8-009c71aca2d4 Read the last post on this thread to get a little revenge.

hi gary

I just ran a verification of my Macrium Reflect Image backup.

I did it because I have changed my antivirus from AVG to MSE.

When I opened Macrium Reflect I got a message about an exception in IS360 - ok I opened this program and unticked the real time protection + the DOG protection - the two automatic functions were unticked beforehand.

Then I opened Macrium Reflect again and got no exception this time.

Ran the verification process without a murmur of trouble and concluded it without any faults.

I don't think one should run any real time protection while creating an image.

About Ted - I think it more likely that his trouble stemmed from the false positives in the definition base in Avast.

To be absolutely sure I will create a new image of my C: drive and delete the previous one.

Cheers my friend

solbjerg

Hi friend I feel really bad that MSE caused you all that trouble. I'm sending this to their forum and hope this helps ease the pain MSE caused you. Sorry good friend.--garybear. As my friend solbjerg would say--cuss me out. http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/msestart/thread/eb901244-ed8e-4845-89e8-009c71aca2d4 Read the last post on this thread to get a little revenge.

Hi guys.

Hi friends . Thanks for your post. First of all I'm running XP3 which has a different down load for MSE. I did not have IObit 360 installed when I tried a back up with Macrium. I tried to create a image several times and it would not. After going in to safe mode I was able to create a image the very first time. I'm not smart enough to know whats different when in the safe mode, just know it worked. After I restored a image that didn't have MSE on it but had AVG ,I had no problems, so what am I to think. If you recall I got all bent out of shape because I thought IObit 360 caused me trouble with Macrium a long time ago and showed my ass then. I have spent a lot of time on MSE forum and people are having hell with this program. My friend Ted is running Xp3 if I remember right and I'm sorry he had to experience a bad time with this program. I do not recommend it to any one on this forum. I'm glad you are not having problems and I thank you for your posts. I never had a problem with Macrium until MSE showed up. MSE will not be on my PC. Love you guys, I'm still upset that a good friend had all this trouble and probably because of me.-- garybear PS I wouldn't put it past Bill Gates to program MSE to mess with XP3 so he can sell Windows 7. Why do you need 3 different down loads? Do you know of any other virus programs that have 3 different down loads. I don't

Hi gary

Well - I use XP sp3. But of course every computer and setup is different.

And by me MSE seems to work fine, especially the Office files comes up much faster than with AVG - I have run AVG for several years before.

My primary browser is IE8, but I have Mozilla firefox as an extra possibility in case of trouble.

This could be one of the differences between your settings and mine.

Do you have Windows ntbackup installed? - It isn't installed by default in XP Home, but one can choose to install it through (wrong: controlpanel/add-remove programs - and at the left - Windows components)

TRUE: Windows XP Home Install cd:\VALUEADD\MSFT\NTBACKUP

This might make a difference too perhaps?

I did use that prior to installing macrium.

But anyway - whatever works is fine by me :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. I only run Windows firewall and MSE, which is probably why I have no problem :-)

Hi friends . Thanks for your post. First of all I'm running XP3 which has a different down load for MSE. I did not have IObit 360 installed when I tried a back up with Macrium. I tried to create a image several times and it would not. After going in to safe mode I was able to create a image the very first time. I'm not smart enough to know whats different when in the safe mode, just know it worked. After I restored a image that didn't have MSE on it but had AVG ,I had no problems, so what am I to think. If you recall I got all bent out of shape because I thought IObit 360 caused me trouble with Macrium a long time ago and showed my ass then. I have spent a lot of time on MSE forum and people are having hell with this program. My friend Ted is running Xp3 if I remember right and I'm sorry he had to experience a bad time with this program. I do not recommend it to any one on this forum. I'm glad you are not having problems and I thank you for your posts. I never had a problem with Macrium until MSE showed up. MSE will not be on my PC. Love you guys, I'm still upset that a good friend had all this trouble and probably because of me.-- garybear PS I wouldn't put it past Bill Gates to program MSE to mess with XP3 so he can sell Windows 7. Why do you need 3 different down loads? Do you know of any other virus programs that have 3 different down loads. I don't

Hi gary

yes - sorry I remembered incorrectly - it is on the Windows XP Home Install cd under value add: address: cd-rom-drive:\VALUEADD\MSFT\NTBACKUP

BTW I think I mentioned it here :-)

From there it is just to follow the guide to install it.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi friend. I don't see any thing about back ups here.

Last post on this subject!!!

This is my last post on this subject. Microsoft is not worthy of posts on this forum. Before you install MSE please read all the problems they are having on their forum. I will not try to tell you what to have on your PC. MSE is not for me my friends. I have spent hours on their thread and I think Bill Gates should apologize for this and all his other screw ups.( like Visa). Just like I always do, I get carried away and this subject is over for me. I'm very sorry for your problems Ted.---garybear

Hi there, Gary,

Hey, don't feel bad about any hiccups we get when trying out something new that you're using. It's all part of the learning curve and adds to our experience. You keep on doing the donkey work and blazing a safe trail for others to follow. We've always got Macrium to get us out of any deep trouble, anyway.

Wozofoz.

Thanks for the link, that explains all. They suggest restoring the false positive files, but as all appears to be okay now I'll give it a miss.

Hi, solbjerg,

I used to use Windows NT backup some time ago and it was very good, but from memory you could only backup to your HDD or a tape. No provision for CD storage which meant if you didn't own the tape equipment and lost your HDD you had no backup.

Hi Ted

I remember I backed it up to my D: drive and from there burned it onto a cd/dvd.

I even think I burned it onto a cd/dvd directly, but I do not quite remember clearly.

I did not have any USB sticks at that time that could hold the amount data, so I didn't try that with ntbackup at that time.

I could try that now by the way - just for fun :-)

Haven't had occation to use them yet though.

Now I use Macrium and save it both on D: and E: I have 3 physical harddrives on my machine and then I also save a copy on USB stick + a rescue disk.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi, solbjerg,

I used to use Windows NT backup some time ago and it was very good, but from memory you could only backup to your HDD or a tape. No provision for CD storage which meant if you didn't own the tape equipment and lost your HDD you had no backup.

Hi Ted

Hi there, Gary,

Hey, don't feel bad about any hiccups we get when trying out something new that you're using. It's all part of the learning curve and adds to our experience. You keep on doing the donkey work and blazing a safe trail for others to follow. We've always got Macrium to get us out of any deep trouble, anyway.

Wozofoz.

Thanks for the link, that explains all. They suggest restoring the false positive files, but as all appears to be okay now I'll give it a miss.

Hi Ted . I feel much better now. We all have Macrium my friend because of you. I hope you are doing well. There are thousands of stories on MSE forum just like yours. I just wish I had researched MSE a little better before recommending it to my friends. I don't know why some have problems and other do not. I was a member on MSE forum but I no longer participate. I never felt welcome there as I do on this forum. This was my first forum to join and I lucked out picking this one because its one of a kind, and the best. I have made my thoughts know to the Microsoft man of the year (MVP). He is the big dog on MSE forum . I have his email address if you want it. I have received mail from him. He is nice but we don't agree on very much and have ended our conversations. Thanks my friend you made my day.---gary

Unfortunate it is!

Its unfortunate that MS got it wrong again... with so many resources at their disposal. I guess Sol and I are some of the fortunate ones that mysteriously have no conflicts. MSE does have a high detection rate and I hope they iron these things out. In a way the rush to market Vista was only a seriously bungled "beta" attempt to produce Win7. The big boys are so often concerned with their quarterly balance sheets, they make bad decisions.

I've wondered why MS doesn't support their own registry and concluded that they want their own OS to become polluted and crash so uneducated ones would buy an upgrade. This is a morally despicable practice if it is the case!

MS days as the world leader in operating systems are numbered if they continue these practices.

Peace, longevity, and prosperity to you!

Hi, Gary,

I'm well. The reason for my programme research laxity at the moment is because I'm trying to get my head around learning how to use the new VideoStudio X2 programme I've just bought and learning all of its little tricks.

Hi, solbjerg,

I remember I backed it up to my D: drive and from there burned it onto a cd/dvd.

I even think I burned it onto a cd/dvd directly, but I do not quite remember clearly.

Okay, I didn't have my extra or external HDD then, but I'm pretty sure you weren't able to burn an Image to a CD directly from the programme. From memory it was a neat little backup system and very configurable.

Archived