IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Bad Iobit products? Avast results [SOLVED]

ShadowZone

I have been having the same problem with Avast! it detected almost all of the files in my Security 360 folder as a virus and i have also been unable to reinstall just in case since it also detects the installer as a virus. normally i would assume this to be a false positive but the iobit security option to scan things in the context menu is now really messed up.

I uploaded the filesweep.dll onto virustotal and it came up as a trojan (Win32:Delf-MZG) for both Avast and GData

It is strange. I think it has something to do with the updated definitions for avast but i am not sure. Its not just my computer either, since the same thing showed up on virustotal.com

Hi ShadowZone,

That is strange. I am running IS 360 with Avast and have had no problems.

samr.

That's exactly what happened to me, i think it was avast's blocking that messed up iobit 360, for the mean time i am uninstalling avast and going to try reinstalling 360.

Thanks for the help krissy, hopefully this will get resolved quickly, i actually like avast

I also use Avast and get the very same thing, Now I cant do anything, it wont let me uninstall, reinstall and it says the Win32:Delf-MZG is in alot of dif files Im not happy

Just installed IOBit 360 Security

I just installed IOBit 360 Security suite yesterday. I'm a new customer. This has me extremely worried and concerned.

I'm running Avast v4.8-1368 and today virus warnings start popping up all over; all of them pointing to IOBit360 files. Is there a way I can ensure IOBit is legit? If it is, is there a way to ensure I'm running legitimate IOBit software? I can't remember if I downloaded from CNet or from IOBit directly.

Unfortunately, for this being my day 1 experience; this has me seriously considering going back to and putting up with McAffee.

I'm heading over to Avast website now to see if I can get more information.

-belcaw

Wishing you a speedy recovery Avast

I checked out the Avast forum. After the latest update it seems that it is finding the same false positive trojan in everything from IObit, Adobe, to Spybot! What a nightmare!

samr.

Thanks for the info, I can't even get to the Avast forum as it always times out. I'm not having any such problems with other sites.

I guess they are experiencing a huge traffic jam at the moment

What a thing to wake up to, I hope they get it worked out quickly.

I don't use Avast anymore but I still like Avast and have recommended it to many.

All the best, woz of oz

Looks good

Edit:

The Avast False Positive issue has been fixed.

You can read the statement at the Avast Forum in the thread Win32:Delf-MZG false positive was fixed in the latest VPS - 091203-1

pyrath also reports that the issue is fixed after an Avast update and restart

Please see Post# 6 of this thread

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=5291

All the best, woz of oz

Looks good

Edit:

The Avast False Positive issue has been fixed.

You can read the statement at the Avast Forum in the thread Win32:Delf-MZG false positive was fixed in the latest VPS - 091203-1

pyrath reports that the issue is fixed after an Avast update and restart

Please see Post# 6 of this thread

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=5291

All the best, woz of oz

Archived