IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ZoneAlarm Free 9.1.007.002

usefullll

hi jjj and maxx :-)

Ha-ha-ha - you are at it again :-)

Hi maxx explaining words and meanings in a tutorial way can easily be construed as condescending or patronizing.

jjj I think maxx means well and just wants the words to be precise in meaning.

You could easily call your thread JJJ Testing or My testing or Unofficial jjj testing :-)

Which would be more correct than Unofficial Forum testing.

Even if it is unofficial testing taking place in a forum :-)

But in my opinion at this point in time not a very important issue.

Cheers

solbjerg

very professional. of you ..many thanks for tha advice..its been fun!

ok .finished ?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok i see ca ya change the heading? You could easily call your thread

JJJ Testing

that be good .i saw no harm as i was thingking.. the Unofficial meant its just me..and me only...

thanks

hy that looks better thank you .haaa ,yes that bullfighters heading..very nice

hi jjj

Done! To your satisfaction?

Well I thought you meant it as you explained, but in a court of law or a board reviewing correct English sentences I would have to side with maxx :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

ok i see ca ya change the heading? You could easily call your thread

JJJ Testing

that be good .i saw no harm as i was thingking.. the Unofficial meant its just me..and me only...

thanks

hy that looks better thank you .haaa ,yes that bullfighters heading..very nice

Hi maxx explaining words and meanings in a tutorial way can easily be construed as condescending or patronizing.

Cheers

solbjerg

solbjerg- As you know I made a living as a professional English instructor in Taiwan for 5 years helping people whose English was much worse than jjj's learn the language to conversational fluency and levels beyond unfortunately this process can not proceed successfully without some amount of explaining words and meanings and I know that someone like you who now has a command of the English language as though it were his own native tongue must be able to understand the trials and tribulations involved in this process.

Stephen

Hi Maxx

Yes I know - and I have the deepest admiration for you - going out into the world and learning languages as you go.

But pedagogy in written form in a forum thread is not the best of options I think? :-)

Even irony, sarcasm or humour can easily be misunderstood in writing, whereas it in face to face situations would be readily understood. :-)

It is usually here in the written form that misunderstandings crop up as far as I have noticed.

With my best regards

solbjerg

solbjerg- As you know I made a living as a professional English instructor in Taiwan for 5 years helping people whose English was much worse than jjj's learn the language to conversational fluency and levels beyond unfortunately this process can not proceed successfully without some amount of explaining words and meanings and I know that someone like you who now has a command of the English language as though it were his own native tongue must be able to understand the trials and tribulations involved in this process.

Stephen

But pedagogy in written form in a forum thread is not the best of options I think? :-)

With my best regards

solbjerg

I totally agree with you I am just trying my best to use the only option available in this situation which unfortunately is the written word. As I learned in the 6 months that I spent backpacking around Honshu, Shikoku and Kyushu sometimes you just have to make the best of the situation that you are in even if you find yourself in a foreign land with nothing more than an English to Japanese dictionary to help you communicate with you use what you have available.

Stephen

hi Stephen

If you ever should be so unfortunate to end up in a hospital.

You know what the doctor is going to say to you?

"How are we today", and you instantly respond "I wouldn't know, but you look alright - appearances can be decieving though - so you tell me doc!"

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. perhaps he will respond with a longwinded Latin tirade :-)

That won't make you fell any better I think :-)

I totally agree with you I am just trying my best to use the only option available in this situation which unfortunately is the written word.

Stephen

hi Stephen

If you ever should be so unfortunate to end up in a hospital.

You know what the doctor is going to say to you?

"How are we today", and you instantly respond "I wouldn't know, but you look alright - appearances can be decieving though - so you tell me doc!"

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. perhaps he will respond with a longwinded Latin tirade :-)

That won't make you fell any better I think :-)

I was in the hospital just 2 weeks ago and I was able to communicate with the doctor just fine and he didn't yell at all no tirade in any language from him. Thanks for the thought though.

Archived