IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Install options for 1.3

Hi all,

We have been using smart defrag for awhile.

We have noticed that with the new version 1.3 when you do a silent install the program is adding a toolbar in Firefox

Is there a command line option to prevent this from being installed during a silent install?

We use a script to check for a new version of smart defrag and update if needed. Everything was working fine with the silent install up until they added this toolbar to the last install.

Hi Joe

Unfortunately you have to actively deselect the toolbar before installing the program.

It is a practice used by many, but I think it more fair if one has to actively select it if one wants the application.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi all,

We have been using smart defrag for awhile.

We have noticed that with the new version 1.3 when you do a silent install the program is adding a toolbar in Firefox

Is there a command line option to prevent this from being installed during a silent install?

We use a script to check for a new version of smart defrag and update if needed. Everything was working fine with the silent install up until they added this toolbar to the last install.

hmm that is not much of an option as we use the silent install on our users PCs to install it.

Are there any switches available besides the silent option?

Anyone know what program they use to package the install file. Maybe it is possible to extract the files out and then simply remove the unwanted Firefox plugin.

Welcome here!!

Dear Joegrove,

It's unlikely(but possible) anyone here can advise you how to extract those commands. I don't want to identify outright and put this/these forum member(s) on the spot as he/she/they are volunteer as well, but know with 100% confidence your post will be reviewed by he/she/they.

Sounds like I'm babbling.

I encourage you to contact Iobit customer service on this if your concern isn't addressed here in the near future.

I can steer you in the right direction if needed. Give us a minute or two though!!

Thank you for posting this issue here!

I don't think this is random or isolated . My phone is having the exact same problem. I will use it for 25 minutes during my morning commute and not touch it again until the end of my work day (5pm) and it will be DEAD. I have not added Yahoo anything nor changed any of my settings and the battery life is crap-ola. Before I updated to 1.3.1 it would at last until the end of my day with medium usage ( email and location services on all day; internet for about an hour). Palm needs to fix this ASAP; this is ridiculous that updates produce worse service. C'mon Palm.....

Hi wattrone

?????? What are you talking about?????`

Defragmentation? What seems to be the trouble - to me it sounds more like you are having trouble with your battery. If that is the case you should maybe consider replacing it :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

P.s. Are you just looking for a way to advertise?

I noticed that ARGUS said that you are an alias for a banned member

I don't think this is random or isolated . My phone is having the exact same problem. I will use it for 25 minutes during my morning commute and not touch it again until the end of my work day (5pm) and it will be DEAD. I have not added Yahoo anything nor changed any of my settings and the battery life is crap-ola. Before I updated to 1.3.1 it would at last until the end of my day with medium usage ( email and location services on all day; internet for about an hour). Palm needs to fix this ASAP; this is ridiculous that updates produce worse service. C'mon Palm.....

Oh goodie, a Palm problem

Hi wattrone, Ive been a Palm user and helping on Palm support forums for years and I know exactly what your problem is.

You say:

Before I updated to 1.3.1 it would at last until the end of my day with medium usage

Well it's not the updating to 1.3.1 that's the problem, it's Daylight Saving !

Yep, because of Daylight Saving your day is now longer and so your battery runs out before your day is finished.

So, you shouldn't blame Palm for this problem, you should blame the Government

I suggest you write your local member and ask them to stop using Daylight Saving or at least give you an extended battery.

Good luck :mrgreen:

P.s. Are you just looking for a way to advertise?

I noticed that ARGUS said that you are an alias for a banned member

Hi solbjerg,

I hope you don't mind, I just wanted to have some fun with this one and I do miss helping with Palm problems :wink:

All the best, woz of oz

In my personal experience, I have found that defragging my phone has very adverse effect on battery life. Perhaps you should try re-formatting your phone's hard drive & re-installing the OS. Please post back and let us know if this helps!:-P:-P:-P

samr.

Archived