IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Windows 7 ASC & Smart Defrag Icons Changed

THE Chobbins

Does anyone know why the Icons go to the "unregognized icons" that windows uses? I'm running ASC 3.4.1, IOBit 360 & Game Booster on an XP machine and Win7 machine. The icons are normal on XP but they are removed to be the unrecognized icons in Win7 anyone know a fix for this? O yeah and I'm running 64 bit!

Welcome

Welcome to the forum THE Chobbins :smile:

I have deleted your other duplicate post to keep the discussion in this one thread, it is less confusing that way.

I also moved this thread to the ASC section where there is the most traffic :smile:

I am not familiar with 64 bit but I think some screenshots of the problem would be a good idea.

If you are unsure how to do a screenshot and post it here, go to Usage of IObit Products - Screenshots and Attachments in the Forum

To capture the screenshot, you can also use FastStone Capture (get the free version @ portablefreeware.com)

All the best, woz of oz

Thank you Woz!

Many here have viewed this who want to help, but lag behind in the 64bit application. I will be updating my RAM in January by one Gig, and upgrading to the seven platform simultaneously. Then I hope to be able to help with these questions!!

To: THEChobbins: Welcome here!!! Be patient and most likely you will find the answer to your problem. There are members here chomping at the bit, from around the world who want to help, but who have to catch up to 64 bit Windows first!

There are a few here now qualified, equipped, and able... but as this is a user help forum with members around the globe... it might take a minute or two!

Thanks for coming here with your question!!

If only the Icons revert and the functionality remains... all is ok for a minute!!!

Icons Changed

Hi Guys,

Not sure this is the right answer, but seems to come close. Found at techreviewsource.com (Windows 7 RTM: New Features Roundup)

"The notification area to the left of the date and time has been redesigned. Now by default, the only icons that appear are volume, power, network and action center. Other icons can be shown by user customization. An upward facing triangle on the left-side displays any hidden notifications icons from other programs or windows features. These icons can be dragged to the notification tray (and vice-versa) or they can be modified via the Notification Icons control

panel applet. Icons can also be dragged to reorder them within the notification area."

Hope this is the answer.

A.T

Archived