IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Speedyfox

titou56

Hi,

I just read an article about speedyfox : http://www.crystalidea.com/speedyfox , a soft wich defrags databases in the SQLite format of Firefox to speed it up...

I remember that one of us is using it...

I am using ASC Pro, and there is a firefox optimisation tool. So it leads me to ask a question :

Is this ASC tool sufficient or may I use speedyfox to accelerate the launch of firefox ?

A bientôt

Hi, titou56 and detailer. Season's Greetings to you both.

I've just downloaded Speedyfox and unfortunately it does nothing for me.

detailer.

I've just downloaded Dataram_RAMdisk, but as I've only got 768 mbs of RAM and the article says FF's Profile can peak at over 300mbs I could be in trouble.

It's the addons which slow me up, I reckon.

• 1 month later...

Thanks

Thanks, I will try version 1.4.1 to see if it makes a difference.

The last time I tried SpeedyFox I saw now difference but that could be because I use minimal Add-Ons and have tweaked iFireFox as much as possible anyway :wink:

I use the Compact Databases option that is built into CCleaner every few weeks but I don't see any real improvement with that either.

This option was discussed Here

All the best, woz of oz

Hi friends :wink:

I often close FF after a surf, to cancel privates and cookies with add-ond (quick&clean) and setting in FF. So, as I launch FF frequently, I thought it could increase the databases...

Speedyfox compacts databases of FF to launch it speeder ;

But perhaps it is necessary to wait several weeks / month so that result is convincing.

Best regards

Archived