IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Anyone getting this????

Okie

Hi

just happened again by me. Didn't close the window but went to internet setting/security and refreshed medium high for the internet.

Back in the open window a refresh there opened the post I had been trying to open when it stopped responding.

??

Cheers

solbjerg

Agree on the connectivity issue! Must be server/bandwidth problem. Location seems to not matter. Unless the host server is under duress, I cannot explain. Maybe something to do with the big Chinese firewall?? Maybe?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

timed pause

The longest pause (burp... ha like that one:lol:) for me has lasted 40 to 50 seconds (but I didn't have a stopwatch... only guessing). Then movement was normal on forum. The same amount of time it would have taken Sol to do what he did. So it may have only been coincidence Sol. Just sayings all!!:smile:

Well Mel (what rhyme eh?) :-)

Sometimes the duration is as you say, but I have had it take much longer than that.

And the procedure I used haven't made it go away.

So ????

Cheers

solbjerg

The longest pause (burp... ha like that one:lol:) for me has lasted 40 to 50 seconds (but I didn't have a stopwatch... only guessing). Then movement was normal on forum. The same amount of time it would have taken Sol to do what he did. So it may have only been coincidence Sol. Just sayings all!!:smile:

Thanks Sol! (connectivity it is!!!)

Only meant that in the time it took to do what you did, the "burp" could have been over anyway as it seems to vary.

How long is the longest pause/lock you've had?

-:smile:Mel

Just happened again by me at the timestamp of this edit!

Hi Mel

I ran a chkdsk due to a question from luckyvic

This seems to have helped - I haven't experienced burps since.

So perhaps it is just the computers way of telling us that we ought to run a chkdsk ?? :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Only meant that in the time it took to do what you did, the "burp" could have been over anyway as it seems to vary.

How long is the longest pause/lock you've had?

-:smile:Mel

Just happened again by me at the timestamp of this edit!

Hi solbjerg!!

Hi Mel

I ran a chkdsk due to a question from luckyvic

This seems to have helped - I haven't experienced burps since.

So perhaps it is just the computers way of telling us that we ought to run a chkdsk ?? :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi friend. Seems strange that we all would need to do a chkdsk at the same time, but I'll give it a shot. It's getting real annoying!!

A night at the Opera doesn't help

Hi Okie

Sad to say - it wasn't that either - just had a burp

But a chkdsk is always fine :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

I have been using Opera all night instead of FireFox and I got the same 'burp' at the same time as you :lol:

So it seems it's not browser related either

All the best, woz of oz

Hi Dave

I just ran sfc /scannow half an hour ago.

No burps since, but that could be a coincidence.

Response time seems quicker and cleaner though!

sunny reported that the latest security update for IE8 could make it hang in XP and Win7. Haven't read enough about it yet to form an opinion.

Cheers

solbjerg

Just happened again...

solbjerg,

I can run ipconfig /all and see my default gateway which is just my router at 192.168.1.1; what's the standard gateway?

Is it likely to be an individual, PC setting? Too many people are experiencing the problem only when accessing forums.iobit.

Hi Dave

Just reporting my findings.

But bear in mind that System Optimize in ASC will change that setting to Manual - and perhaps in time also to not started.

I have just told System Optimize to ignore that "problem"

At least this seems to work for me.

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. standardgateway is the name in Danish OS, it will probably be named default gateway in English OS :-)

solbjerg,

I can run ipconfig /all and see my default gateway which is just my router at 192.168.1.1; what's the standard gateway?

Is it likely to be an individual, PC setting? Too many people are experiencing the problem only when accessing forums.iobit.

2 Windows, 7 tabs, never log-off

When I turn my NetBook on in the morning I always open 2 windows

One window is devoted to this IObit forum with 5 tabs,

1st tab is for New Posts

The rest are member checking, searching and other anti-spam stuff.

The second window has at least 3 tabs, my 2 main email accounts and another one or 2 for searching or news or whatever.

Under 'normal' circumstances and at other websites this is not slow at all, quite snappy actually :smile:

I was using this system before the forum slowness and it was fine.

Since the slowness, I have tested the forum with just one window and one tab open and it makes no difference.

I have tested it with 3 different browsers and it makes no difference.

During the day I only use StandBy for when I am away for a short while and Hibernate for when I am away for a longer time, like lunch.

When I put it into StandBy or Hibernate I don't Exit any windows or tabs.

I never log-off except at WebBank, all my log-ins at all forums, emails etc are saved and I never have to log-in again unless it is the website policy.

At night I Exit everything, run a Security 360 quick scan then run CCleaner which is set up as a lite clean of Temp files,, Cookies (but not the "Cookies to keep") and browser caches etc (ASC DiskCleaner does the big cleanup :wink: )

Then I turn it off, nighty, night :smile:

All the best, woz of oz

TY Woz!

Server issue it is!! I guess homepage for Iobit.com may not be in the same server as the forum as I have never had a problem opening it. Curious if others have though?:wink:

-Mel

Peace, Prosperity, and Longevity to all!

Just had longest pause ever 6 or 7 minutes! First time I couldn't even access even Iobit.com!!! So please disregard the "never" part at this point as now it is not true!!

Archived