IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Macrium Reflect users.

Ted

How many of you Macrium Reflect users are creating backup images using the pssnap mode instead of VSS? I've followed all the suggestions offered to get VSS working, but have had no luck, so far. However, it appears that pssnap is okay for Image backups, so perhaps I'll just leave things be.

Hi friend!!!

Hi there, OkieBear, ( Note the cunning rhyme ).

Yes I had read all that and did do the things they suggested, but thanks, anyway. Do you not get the VSS error messages now?

No. I completely uninstalled and reinstalled and I haven't seen that since,but don't know why. I only got that a couple of times. I don't get it any more. I don't think it's any thing to worry about. I know your probably like me and don't like that kind of change. I have made other changes also, so I'm not sure what I did to fix the problem. I don't think it's a problem though. I've changed anti-virus. I use MSE. I have also reinstalled an image a couple of times. I don't run IObit360 in real time any more. I just use it to on demand scan. I was having some other problems with Macrium, so reinstalled after a clean uninstall. Macrium now backs up normally, not VSS. That's the best I can do for you my friend. I don't spend as much time on the forum as I used to. I have some conflicts going on here. I was just driving by and saw an old friend and I had to reply to him. Hope you are well after your little episode.---GB

• 1 month later...

i remember starting a tread BACK UP ..

and then learning FROM GARY BEAR -who made a beautiful tread

abd detailed information on this program

i read often.

as i have it on my hard drive stored

the whole post on this..

well i almost cannot be with out this program..NOW

it took me a while to get the idea to use it.

its called break a habit..now i use this almost every install.(added)

when its working the way it should.i do a new back up

just make a New folder add the new back up..to it.

i have 8 now..why .i can reinstall to where i want my OS to be at..

i name them all after the last installed program.

i cant get over the speed -take 1.4 min and its done..

version 4.2 free edition.and i love it..

i want any one to try this out.when you run it a few times you will not look back..

make a rescue disk and you are done..

i can not stress this more .PLEASE DO YOUR SELF'S A BIG FAVOR

make a full back up image..

do this now.if you do no .or have not done one..

this will save you from data loss..trust this old man when i tell you this..

do one today .get hold of this app..or at least do one with what ever you like and prefer..

making a boot disk this is what trew me out because its a"" Linux based cd""

and i was confused as to its booting for win 7 thinking i had to be a MS boot disk

silly me ..

guess make no difference ..you boot easy .and do the back up..

itsmejjj

You could try this:

:: Windows Shadow Copy Service Troubleshooting

:: -------------------------------------------

:: If you experience problems with the Volume Shadow Copy functionality a renewal of registration might help.

:: Create and execute a *.cmd batch file with the following content or enter directly via commandline:

:: (Reference: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/940032)

cd /d %windir%\system32
Net stop vss
Net stop swprv
regsvr32 ole32.dll
regsvr32 oleaut32.dll
regsvr32 vss_ps.dll
Vssvc /register
regsvr32 /i swprv.dll
regsvr32 /i eventcls.dll
regsvr32 es.dll
regsvr32 stdprov.dll
regsvr32 vssui.dll
regsvr32 msxml.dll
regsvr32 msxml3.dll
regsvr32 msxml4.dll

installing many application.round about i think 90 gig ..

on the drives.

wated to try out different type back up this gets better.

just did a 4 drive back up all at the one time.total 160 gig..

24 mints and done..malcuim had no difficulty running.the speed was very good av

670kbs.this is a top back up program.i did expect possible problems.as i have with other software

of this sort..but needed not to Evin think it

100% successes..

i truly be leave this is the no1 in its class .and the fact its free is a real bonus..

you will hear a lot about it .and we hope you do not mind.i confess i was annoyed when the subject was in full swing.

and wrongly commented..why .i could not run it on win7 at the time and was frustrated.but let me say this ,this version runs perfect!

" i studied the different comments and posts .still do now why the heck could i not get it to run.

like this statement i misunderstood.

This is the way I create my back ups with Macrium Reflect. I use windows explorer. It is the easiest way for me. I do not use the xml feature.

" I use windows explorer" and a few other post threw me out of it..

this was one of the reasons i gave up.plus the fact not fully grasping the posts made..

so study, re read.think about this..

xml feature.??? its works beautiful but that could be a win7 feature..then as i explained the boot disk .made a Linux boot disk and presto

forget the PE thing.don't need it.make a Linux boot disk..boom your away,,

we are good now..

this was a supprize to me ,why? i did not think it would find the back up files.

as its a MS operating System..plus it MS win&7 formatted installed system..

not a problem just point to it the drive you have the back up on or made, new folder .where it is at (image) ...when in boot mode .(LINUX) boot mode.

now as you start the back up and when kicking in.

i saw the CD drive door open thinking hu !

yes take it out.once it started..

put it away for next time..

itsmejjj

HI jjjj!!

Hi friend!! When the door opens, remove the rescue disk. If you leave it in the tray, your PC will try to boot off the disk after your restore is complete!! (" now as you start the back up and when kicking in.

i saw the CD drive door open thinking hu !

yes take it out.once it started..

put it away for next time)"

Archived