IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Has issue with random freeze ups & memory drain been addressed?

kd5

well i had a go at this .and 100% perfect.no slowing.no jerky screens,

i even downloaded 8 files one after the other,then 5 at the same time.

ran a few apps,while all this was going on,then a scan ,and still downloading

no speed loss,glitches.the install went as i expected.perfect.

i am running .malaware anti bytes,AVC,host file,beethink 2 versions,host man,

and as i speak lanched the back up program malcuim reflect

well that is my findings.

no poblems whatsoever..

itsmejjj

i wanted to keep this short so i stopped pasting more screen shots

any how .remembering that iobit was at non registered stage.

it went 100% now registered.no change.no nothing.

i recommend it 100%

sorry i cant help you more ..but it passed my test .with the back up..

and it flew.3 minnits done.fully imaged..

we are talking Tyree bite drives.2 and one 700 gig.

itsmejjj

• 8 months later...

Issues with Iobit 360

I installed Iobit 360 on my computer and a friend's computer. After leaving both computers on for a day both were having the same symptoms. It caused all programs to stop working. As soon as I uninstalled it from both computers the symptoms ceased. This was on XP and Vista. There is definitely a problem with this software.

I quit using IObit Security 360 back when all the fuss was being made over the alledged database theft, not because of that issue, but because IObit Security 360 would cause my computer to freeze and lock up the longer it was allowed to run on my computer. Mind you, I am a computer geek who repairs computers for a living, my computer is self-built, 3.4ghz P4, 1gb of RAM, 80gb 7200rpm 8mb hard drive, Windows XP SP3, IE8, all updates, tweaked, and cleaned regularly.

I started using 360 because I wanted realtime protection against malware that I could count on and that I didn't have to pay an arm and a leg for. I thought highly of 360 until I noticed some weird freezes and lockups when 360 had been up and running most of the day. I'd never had that problem before so I assumed (correctly) that 360 was at fault. Uninstalled 360 and the problem went away.

So now that IObit has addressed the issues they were having regarding their previous predicament, I wonder if they have also addressed the issue with random freezes. I know that other people were having the same problem back then because I remember seeing threads here about it. So, what say you? Have the freezing issues been resolved?

I'd like to start using 360 again, but not if it's going to freeze up my computer when it's been actively protecting the PC for most of the day...

Thanks, -kd5-

I have been having an issue with 360 sucking up memory for quite some time. I have made numerous reports and posts regarding this. Search for my posts for details. This problem is as old as IS360 and nothing has been done to resolve it. You are not the only one out there seeing this behavior and I personally have given up on IS360...........

Hi DonnyD,

Have you tried a clean install to solve your problem?

Here is the guidance for clean install.

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?p=39220#post39220

I have done numerous uninstalls and reinstalls but never a "clean install". I would love to give IS360 another go but my license just recently expired. In fact IS360 spent more time on the shelf then running on my PC. Is there any chance of extending my license?

Hi DonnyD

I recommend that you try a clean uninstall followed by a clean Install. (where you have made sure that the program folder is also deleted)

As for the pro version contra the free version - well you get real-time protection in the free version too, - what you do not get is automatic scan and automatic update.

(I have by the way been wondering if it is the automatic scan setting that gives some users problems with "resource hogging" when the computer runs incessantly?)

I have never experienced it, but then I never use the automatic scan.

My pro license recently expired too, but as I don't use the pro functions I just go on with the free one. Works fine for me!

Cheers

solbjerg

I have done numerous uninstalls and reinstalls but never a "clean install". I would love to give IS360 another go but my license just recently expired. In fact IS360 spent more time on the shelf then running on my PC. Is there any chance of extending my license?

Archived