IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

No reason to ever worry again!!!

garybear

Hi friends and all forum members. There is no reason you should ever have to worry about Viruses or malware or crashes or a dead HD. The only thing I can think of that you have to worry about is your house burns down. This will require a little work on your part, but all your worries should be over. If you are to lazy to to this, I don't want to hear you crying and saying I guess I'll have to reformat and start all over. With this program you don't have to worry ever again!!! It works and there are no bugs in this program. Maybe some of my friends will post and add comments to this thread. I hope that will happen.===garybear PS I'm always ready to help if you have a problem with this program!!

PSS IT's free!!! I'm doing this for my friend jjj!!

WELL THIS IS SO TRUE.

its made my life as a tester easy.like that app froze my pc, got stuck in the boot as well.

ok in with the cd,sit back 3 minnows, were back as if nothing happen..

i back you here ..its a top program indeed..

i have 7 different back ups ! .as i use different OS to test..

very simply put on with the USB back up.in with the cd.pick the image.

that is it..

next boot brand new and cleen..by the way i always format the drive first..

itsmejjj

i want to add this .when and if one decides to fresh install

1 kill the drive..partition.(redo) then a long format .go have a cup of tea..

its slow but shure..now in with the install cd, kill it again .partitions

then make a new one .fast format ,let the install start..

ok no modem on! we want a clean install.

install when done ,your apps.fire-wall and antie what ever you use..

ok back it up when done..remember no mode on.

when done ,ok registered your os....should take 30 secons or less .as soon as its done KILL the modem..

now make a image --this is a pure clean backup .!

no nothing from the net..

when done ..do your thing..the image file should be on cds ,or your usb drive

this should be placed in a folder READ ONLY..call it My first bk pure..

so win cant see it ..this is the last resort if a back you make gets dirty..

per chance..as one would do this often adding to the back up..

but our first one registered OS IMAGE .is pure..

i still use my win 7 beta ,i love..and have it in pure state forever .

and the next one that lasts 1 year..when it runs out of time close ,save my stuff and re image the os back for 1 more year..

is this legal? well yes and no .its moral thing.but then when it comes to software .i do not care..as its just for myself..and i do use it when i want.

you see MS blessed the OS for use.VERIFIED..all i want..

i do not update so i care less,what thy say..i want nothing els from them.. ,i don't care for there timers.or updates..i gave this up .had a snort full of there updates changing my systems .

free or payed its my software..and use it as i see fit .not what thy say .as in time limits..free is free.payed for is payed for..

Hi friends!!

Hi jjj. Thanks for your post. That's all good advice. If you aren't as fortunate as JJJ and have 10 computers, no worry. I only have one; and Macrium works just fine. Macrium will reformat your C drive for you before restoring your image to your drive. The best thing to do, is get your self an external USB to store your images on. They are really cheap these days. If you are having a problem with virus or what ever, just put your rescue CD in , restart your PC, follow the wizard, and your back in business. A cheaper way; I don't recommend, will work also. Divide your drive into two or more partitions, and store your images on the other partitions. This will be a problem if your HD dies, so I suggest a external USB. You can use CD's also, but that's the least recommended way, but the cheapest. If you store your back up images on a USB, you are pretty much protected from any failures. If you just want to restore your image to your working C drive, power up your USB, slap in your recue CD, restart your PC , find your back up image and follow the wizard. If your drive dies, go buy you a new HD at least the same size or larger,slap it in your PC,and follow the same procedures above. Macrium is the best friend you will ever have and it's free. PS I'm always here to answer any questions you have. We also have many members that use Macrium and will help you!!==garybear

Aye GaryBear!!

Macrium is the best!8) It was your posts that led me to it! Thank you!:-D

I think what JJJ was saying about CD/DVD's is that an image made this way won't be affected even if lightning strikes (unless it sets the house on fire). A house fire or other natural disaster may take it, but nothing else. A primary backup... mother of all backups. I think this is what he meant.

Peace, prosperity, and Longevity to all!

-Mel

Macrium and a NetBook

I bought a Transcend 500 GB External Hard Drive at a good price so decided to install Macrium.

My NetBook doesn't have a DVD/CD player slot, and I'm not buying and carrying an external one just for this, so I had to make the Recovery "Disk' on a 1 GB FlashDrive.

I followed the instructions on How to create a bootable Linux USB stick laid out in the Macrium Tutorial @

http://www.macrium.com/tutorial.asp

I have made a backup image but haven't tried to Restore the image yet and haven't had a need to.

I am confident it will work but have read on some forums where a FlashDrive Recovery 'Disk' didn't work properly for some people.

Not a major problem for me if it doesn't work, I backup all the important stuff using SyncToy and I have the 'tweaks' I have done written down. I could rebuild my NetBook from scratch to how it is now easily and quite quickly.

In fact, I have thought of doing that a few times just to make sure there are no leftovers from the many apps I have tried but since my NetBook boots and runs fast and never breaks down I can't really justify it :wink:

All the best, woz of oz

Hi friends!!

Hi friends. Thank you for your posts and tips on Macrium. Are you all aware that you can mount one of your back up images, and it will place a drive in Windows Explorer that is an exact copy of your C drive. From there you can copy and paste almost any thing your little heart desires. You can actually open programs just like you do in your active C drive. You can even surf the internet is you wish from this virtual drive. You can not delete any thing while using this virtual drive. It is a read only. I not sure what all you can do. I challenge all you experts to try this feature in Macrium and see what all you can do. This may be just as good as Returnil for surfing the web. When you get done , just detach the image. You may pollute your image, so be sure you have another one. I'm going to try some things myself, but sure welcome some experts to help me out. Thanks for all your posts and tips and advice. I love my Macrium Reflect.===garybear. PS If any one has a question on this feature. Give me a shout and I'll try to help you!! PSS Try this feature! Your going to love it! I'm putting a special challenge to my friend enoskype to try this feature in Macrium!! You too jjj and Woz and Melvin and Tittou. I want to know what all you can do with this feature!!

Hi enoskype!!

You are going to make me buy Macrium my friend :-D, as I am not using it at the moment.

I am a bit busy nowadays, but I will give it a full try soon I believe.

If it is what you say it is, a very interesting feature. :-o

Cheers.

Hi my friend. I know you are busy. You don't need to buy Macrium, it's free to all my friends:roll: You will love it my special friend.===garybear

Clueless!!

Hi friends!! It's going to take someone a hell of a lot smarter than me, to figure this all out. I mounted the image. I copied and pasted a program and the program works just fine. I went on IE8 and Mozilla and searched the Web. I checked my email. It seems I can run all my programs from this mounted image drive. It won't let me delete, which I already knew. It's a read only! I down loaded a program with Mozilla. My C drive looks a lot different then the mounted image (F). That's because its an old image. I do not have a clue what's going on. I know Macrium makes a back up image of your C drive at the time you create the back up. The old back up image mounted is F drive. My C drive has a lot more programs because its what I have now. I'm clueless about all this.

Hi friends!!

Hi old friends and new friends. I know my old friends are tired of hearing about Macrium Reflect and I should probably just let Macrium go to archives, and members can search and find it. It's just that I want everyone to have the confidence that I have, to know that they can recover from all most any kind of disaster with this program. I'm sure there are other programs like Macrium that do the same thing. I just know this is the program for me. The reason that it is so fresh in my mind is because of my little episode with Returnil Virtual. The program that my beloved IObit put in utilities of ASC3. The program that had not been researched or tested, and is still a bad memory. Without Macrium, I would be stuck With my PC in a virtual drive and no way out. No way to uninstall Returnil. No way to ever get updates, no way to ever add programs. Stuck right there for ever. I run XP3 and have created a disk(slip stream XP3) or some thing like that. I probably could have used that, but I don't know how much data I would lose, and there would be a ton of updates to down load. Maybe an expert XP3 user will post and tell me about that. I vaguely remember using it a long time ago, before I found my Macrium. I had just created a back up image of my C Drive with macrium a couple days before installing Returnil. I tried every trick I knew how to get rid of REturnil. It would not leave and left me stuck in able mode, so every time I restarted I lost every thing and I was pissed to say the least. I'm still angry that my beloved IObit allowed this program in ASC3 with no testing and no research, and it's still there, waiting for one of our members to possibly have the same experience that I had;but without a way out. I was very fortunate and My Macrium made me all well again. I'm sorry if your tried of hearing all this again, but to me it's very important. I'm waiting to hear about the feature;mounting an image with Macrium from an expert on the forum. Is this a virtual disk, and can you surf the net from there and be safe. Some programs work and some don't from this mounted drive. Thanks friends.===garybear PS Hi old friend IObit, just to let you know old bear is not the only unhappy camper with Returnil!!

virtual disk, and can you surf the net from there and be safe.

yeh i know a guy that was so sure he was safe..and nothing fouls or butch his system. look i tried this sand box,and virtual apps , not my cup of tea

let me tell you..need this like a whole in the head..any how

every time I restarted I lost every thing .forgetting i was using one of these apps..

or half got dilated. i lost a 2 gig download.! that was it for this old boy..

yes i know what can or cant be done.i personally see no benefit using this junk

" Gary my ask is this" .why are you using this app.to be safe from what i wonder. i mean its not as if you surf dark part of the net..now malaware,or adverts.,or the like is pretty easy to stop without this bull dust installed.

mount this or that ,crap. .

use spywareblaster.and MRU blaster ,you use i thing malawarebytes.

that's plenty..get rid of this thing .and forget it..now anti virus well i think also you use one..

i see in your cap the 2 guys posted ,thy get lock out!

one saying be very wary..

ok you got away with it(Macrium Reflect) as i did..yes i tried this junk.

and it froze my system.and at boot locked out..i had to cold boot..

na i warn the readers STAY away from this thing..unless you know what you do!!

itsmejjj

"""Please do not install Returnil Virtual. I installed this program and I'm one sorry dude. Once you enable this program your PC is stuck just like it is and you can never change any thing again. Every time you restart your PC it will revert back to the time you first enabled the program . You can not restore your PC to an earlier time. You can not uninstall Returnil Virturnil. Any thing you do is all in vain, because every time you restart your PC it will go back and all the things you have done will be gone and your PC is stuck at that point in time for ever. The only way you can recover from this is to have a back up image of your OS!!!!!!

I'm so glad I have Macrium Refect. "

now i understand why you posted this,

Hi jjj

virtual disk, and can you surf the net from there and be safe.

yeh i know a guy that was so sure he was safe..and nothing fouls or butch his system. look i tried this sand box,and virtual apps , not my cup of tea

let me tell you..need this like a whole in the head..any how

every time I restarted I lost every thing .forgetting i was using one of these apps..

or half got dilated. i lost a 2 gig download.! that was it for this old boy..

yes i know what can or cant be done.i personally see no benefit using this junk

" Gary my ask is this" .why are you using this app.to be safe from what i wonder. i mean its not as if you surf dark part of the net..now malaware,or adverts.,or the like is pretty easy to stop without this bull dust installed.

mount this or that ,crap. .

use spywareblaster.and MRU blaster ,you use i thing malawarebytes.

that's plenty..get rid of this thing .and forget it..now anti virus well i think also you use one..

i see in your cap the 2 guys posted ,thy get lock out!

one saying be very wary..

ok you got away with it(Macrium Reflect) as i did..yes i tried this junk.

and it froze my system.and at boot locked out..i had to cold boot..

na i warn the readers STAY away from this thing..unless you know what you do!!

itsmejjj

"""Please do not install Returnil Virtual. I installed this program and I'm one sorry dude. Once you enable this program your PC is stuck just like it is and you can never change any thing again. Every time you restart your PC it will revert back to the time you first enabled the program . You can not restore your PC to an earlier time. You can not uninstall Returnil Virturnil. Any thing you do is all in vain, because every time you restart your PC it will go back and all the things you have done will be gone and your PC is stuck at that point in time for ever. The only way you can recover from this is to have a back up image of your OS!!!!!!

I'm so glad I have Macrium Refect. "

now i understand why you posted this,

Hi my friend jjj. Thank you for your post. I always value your advice and opinions. Thank you my friend for understanding. I made this post and the other one ,to warn my friends on the forum that this may not be a good program to try. Returnil is not ready for prime time on ASC3. I doubt if IObit staff will apologize to me, and that's OK. If it were not for IObit, we would not have this forum. My loyalty is to my friends on the forum first and IObit second, and that's how it will always be. I will always speak my mind even though it will always cause me trouble and miss understandings. Thank you for still being my friend even though we do not always agree jjj.===garybear PS we are in total agreement on this my friend!!

Hi Mike (Coldmoon)!!!

Hi Mike. Are you still on the forum?? Here's how my Returnil Virtual works. I use Macrium Reflect to create a back up image of my C Drive every two weeks. I do pretty much as I please or as you say. I live in a fantasy world, because I know that I can restore that image and be back where I was ,just like nothing ever changed. If your a real risk taker you can create a back up image every day. I'm a pretty boring guy, so really once a month is all I need. The good thing about my Virtual is I don't have any bugs and Macrium isn't going to do some thing stupid ,like lock me in a mode that I can't escape from, or erase every thing because I forgot to turn it off which your program wouldn't let me do. If it erases any thing it's because I wanted it to. I know your program does all that with just a restart, but from my experience all hell can break loose with your program. No surprises with Macrium my friend. Even if you perfect your program Mike, I don't see how it will appeal to very many. I guess if your parents were constantly screwing up their PC, you might want to use your program and teach them how to restart their PC. Probably be OK for your kids also. What do you think JJJ ??? I guess if your in a big hurry and can't wait 20 minutes for Macrium to fix all your ***** ups or viruses, you might want to use your program. Some of your selling points sound intriguing, but your bugs are a killer my friend.===garybear PS I guess you impressed a couple or our members, but not many my friend. Won't mention any names!!

Archived