IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Microsoft Security Essentials & Unlocker

jelrikj

*Microsoft Security Essentials Antivirus*

New! Version Update:

Old Version --> Microsoft Security Essentials 1.0.1611

Updated Version --> Microsoft Security Essentials 1.0.1959

New! Updated Version: Microsoft Security Essentials 1.75.1117.0 !!!

Download Link: http://www.softpedia.com/get/Antivirus/Microsoft-Security-Essentials.shtml

-------------------------------------------------

Problems With Microsoft Security Essentials --> Use The Fix MSE Utility what does this utility?

- This utility will restore all its registry values & service settings to known good defaults,

without re-installing MSE. It also re-registers the concerned .dll and .exe files, required to

run MSE properly. The utility may take only a moment to run, but rest assured,

it does the job! It works on both 32bit and 64bit of Windows Operating Systems.

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/repair-microsoft-security-essentials-with-fix-mse-utility

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi friends!!

Hi friends. I tried to do over the top and all hell broke lose. Tried clean install and was never able to get MSSE back. I ended up using Macrium to get the old version of MSSE back. Now I'm afraid to try to install the new version. Can you explain what you did to get the new version installed. Thanks!!==garybear

MSE new version

Hi

The new version of MSE is about 3 MB larger than the previous, probably because of updates and especially because it now is available in several other languages.

I had Installed the English version about 3 months ago - and just now I downloaded the Danish version to my download folder and unblocked it.

Then I uninstalled the English version with the normal procedure through Add/Remove in the control panel.

And then ran the install of the Danish version, - some few minutes

Updated the program and ran a quick scan - about 10 minutes.

It works fine!!

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi solbjerg!!!

Hi

The new version of MSE is about 3 MB larger than the previous, probably because of updates and especially because it now is available in several other languages.

I had Installed the English version about 3 months ago - and just now I downloaded the Danish version to my download folder and unblocked it.

Then I uninstalled the English version with the normal procedure through Add/Remove in the control panel.

And then ran the install of the Danish version, - some few minutes

Updated the program and ran a quick scan - about 10 minutes.

It works fine!!

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi friend. I did it like you said and every thing worked. The first time an over the top install was a disaster, but your way worked and no problems. The only problem is I still have the old version, and have spent 1/2 a day and accomplished nothing. I'm not happy about that. Would you see which version you have ??? Where did you get your down load. Softpedia says it has new version , but just leads you in circles and never down loads the new version. I down loaded from Microsoft, but ended up with the old version. Thanks friend !!!==garybear Download Link: http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/

Hi gary

My new Danish version.

Version of Microsoft Security Essentials: 1.0.1959.0

I downloaded from Microsoft.

http://www.microsoft.com/Security_Essentials/default.aspx?mkt=en-us

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. using XP sp3

Hi friend. I did it like you said and every thing worked. The first time an over the top install was a disaster, but your way worked and no problems. The only problem is I still have the old version, and have spent 1/2 a day and accomplished nothing. I'm not happy about that. Would you see which version you have ??? Where did you get your down load. Softpedia says it has new version , but just leads you in circles and never down loads the new version. I down loaded from Microsoft, but ended up with the old version. Thanks friend !!!==garybear Download Link: http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/

Hi friends. I'm fed upwith this!!!

Hi friends. I'm tired of screwing with this damn thing. Every time I try to install the new version my PC goes crazy and I have to reinstall with Macrium. I'm not screwing with it any more. I've wasted a whole day and gained nothing. I'm following sunny's advice and just doing the up dates. This is ridiculous. Is anyone having success besides solbjerg???

Hi Gary

MSE cannot be installed over the top. Microsofts install wizard is supposed to tell you this and stop the install of the new version. In your case that appears to not have happened. Why, I don't know. My install was seamless.

You must completely remove the old version, before you install the new.

The only two bits that have is to remove all traces of MSE from your system(while off line) and boot with nothing.(MSE-wise that is)... no internet connection or anything. Then re-image. Then completely un-install, then get new version.

Sounds stupid and redundant I know!

Just a guess. But then I know that this upgrade cannot be installed over the top... as its a different version, and windows will not allow you to install two versions of MSE on the same machine.

Question....? Just an idea. did you shut down the real time protection before upgrading? Make the little green tent turn red in the system tray?

-Mel

Hi melvin!!

MSE cannot be installed over the top. Microsofts install wizard is supposed to tell you this and stop the install of the new version. In your case that appears to not have happened. Why, I don't know. My install was seamless.

You must completely remove the old version, before you install the new.

The only two bits that have is to remove all traces of MSE from your system(while off line) and boot with nothing.(MSE-wise that is)... no internet connection or anything. Then re-image. Then completely un-install, then get new version.

Sounds stupid and redundant I know!

Just a guess. But then I know that this upgrade cannot be installed over the top... as its a different version, and windows will not allow you to install two versions of MSE on the same machine.

Question....? Just an idea. did you shut down the real time protection before upgrading? Make the little green tent turn red in the system tray?

-Mel

Hi Melvin. Thanks for your post. I just visited MSSE forum, and the big gun says you can install over the top. It didn't work for me. I'm really tired of trying. They said you could just wait and it will up grade automatic in the future. I'm going to wait. I've tried every thing I know and nothing works for me. Maybe it's an xp3 thing????? garybear This makes no since to me at all my friend. ("The only two bits that have is to remove all traces of MSE from your system(while off line) and boot with nothing.(MSE-wise that is)... no internet connection or anything. Then re-image. Then completely un-install, then get new version.)" Is that what you did??? What is re-image???

Hi!!!

Now ani't this a hell of a deal. Lets make it hard Microsoft. Can't you do any thing right Bill Gates??? I'm betting the #1 don't work and the #2 is ridiculous. If it's Microsoft ,It's screwed up!!! I'm going to bed, it's been a long day, and I haven't accomplished one thing today.===garybear

Hi gary

This new version is mostly of interest to those whose native language wasn't in the setup originally.

But if you insist on changing your version you should follow the descriptions in Usage of IObit Products i.e. Install-Uninstall - - and Over the top/Clean Install.

In my opinion the best way is to download the version you want - save it on your machine somewhere - and unblock it.

Then to be as safe as possible unplug your internet connection.

Then uninstall (following that procedure) and check if the program folder is empty or removed.

When all this is satifactorily accomplished You Install the new version, remember that you can't run a definition update before you have connected to the internet again (plugged in the connection)

Cheers

solbjerg

Now ani't this a hell of a deal. Lets make it hard Microsoft. Can't you do any thing right Bill Gates??? I'm betting the #1 don't work and the #2 is ridiculous. If it's Microsoft ,It's screwed up!!! I'm going to bed, it's been a long day, and I haven't accomplished one thing today.===garybear

Fyi !

Hi guys,

FYI, new MSE installed on top of the old one without a glitch on Windows7.

Please take a note that, Microsoft released two XP setup files for MSE in two consecutive days with the same version with different sizes. (circa 8 MB and circa 11MB) (At least this is valid for MajorGeeks downloads.)

My installation on Windows 7 concerns the latest released setup for Vista/Win7.

Cheers.

Hi solbjerg!!

Hi gary

This new version is mostly of interest to those whose native language wasn't in the setup originally.

But if you insist on changing your version you should follow the descriptions in Usage of IObit Products i.e. Install-Uninstall - - and Over the top/Clean Install.

In my opinion the best way is to download the version you want - save it on your machine somewhere - and unblock it.

Then to be as safe as possible unplug your internet connection.

Then uninstall (following that procedure) and check if the program folder is empty or removed.

When all this is satifactorily accomplished You Install the new version, remember that you can't run a definition update before you have connected to the internet again (plugged in the connection)

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi friend. Thanks for your post. I'm the best uninstaller in the world. I use Revo first, and then RegSeeker,then Regedit, and then Search. When I get through, there isn't much left. That procedure didn't work for MSSE. After doing all that, I tried to reinstall MSSE and it wouldn't install, so I used Macrium and got every thing back like it was. I have been surfing their forum and a lot of people are having problems. That's why I posted what they are telling people the way to uninstall and reinstall MSSE. I just thought it was a little difficult for most people, like myself. I might try it latter, but right now I'm tired of it and will wait and see if they come up with a better way to up grade.===Thanks friend.===garybear PS I have been on their forum before. I'm known as trouble there also. I have the big dogs email address. He's a real nice guy(Steven Boots) MVP for Microsoft. I might give him a shout if they don't make this easier. I haven't irritated him lately.LOL

Hi sunny!!

gary

did deleting MSE and a fresh install not work.............ss

Hi friend. No it would not let me install MSSE, after uninstalling. I'm a good uninstaller. I tried every thing. When I tried to install MSSE after uninstalling, it wouldn't let me, so used Macrium to get every thing back like I wanted. I'm going to wait before trying the upgrade again. Surely Uncle Bill will make it easier:-D ===garybear

Hi friend!!

Thread Post Updated. You can try That Fix Garybear.

Hi friend. Looks like a good find my friend. I'll give it a try if I have any more problems. Thanks my friend. I think I'll wait and see if Uncle Bill fixes his mess up. If not I'll give your fix a try latter.===garybear PS I'm wondering if it's just a problem for XP3 OS's. I'm not even sure I need the upgrade. solbjerg doesn't think I do, and he is usually right. I'm back and all is cool with my PC. Thanks Macrium once again.

Hi Gary,

Did you try Windows Installer Clean Up utility from Microsoft to remove Windows Installer configuration information on failed installs?

After using it, MSE might install after trying the uninstall of the old version of MSE.

Cheers my friend.

Hi friend. I'll give that a try also. I'm going to give it a rest for now and wait for Uncle Bill to fix.===garybear http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/msestart/thread/73bc1af0-1192-4206-861f-9373cc55be94 PS Mr. Boots and I are friends. He's a real nice guy and smart just like you my friend!!

Hi jelrikj!!

Microsoft Security Essentials Antivirus

New! Version Update:

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Antivirus/Microsoft-Security-Essentials.shtml

Old Version --> Microsoft Security Essentials 1.0.1611

Updated Version --> Microsoft Security Essentials 1.0.1959

Download Link: http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/

-------------------------------------------------

Problems With Microsoft Security Essentials --> Use The Fix MSE Utility what does this utility?

- This utility will restore all its registry values & service settings to known good defaults,

without re-installing MSE. It also re-registers the concerned .dll and .exe files, required to

run MSE properly. The utility may take only a moment to run, but rest assured,

it does the job! It works on both 32bit and 64bit of Windows Operating Systems.

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/repair-microsoft-security-essentials-with-fix-mse-utility

Hi friend. That's a sneaky site:-D I had a hard time finding the down load for the fix. Looks like some thing I can use. Thanks friend.==garybear

Archived